Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
he should've got at least around $30-40k.

You are forgetting any of the profit sharing schemes Cleve may have roped people into. In true Cleve fashion he probably is paying 90% of the profits out.

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
This has truly become a disaster. I thought Beamdog was slow with updates, but Golden Baby Games or whatever it is called is truly disastrous.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The initial updates were very quick. Rebalancing the whole game and writing a 200-page manual takes more time.

Dorateen

Arcane
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 9 hours ago

No, the game is not abandoned. Just a breather while I take care of some other business. In fact, the final polished version of Grimoire is coming for Christmas and will be delivered in stages with the manual coming out first. All through November you can expect updates on an almost daily basis. The V2 final version will have new regions, custom portraits and greatly expanded gameplay as well as all previous issues fixed.

Biggus

Scholar
OfFr1Sa.png

This should be good :)

Lambach

Arcane
Cleve is back on steam, commenting on being broke:

I had to drive over half of Melbourne today to be screamed at by customers who are not even paying me any money about features they expected that were never written in any requirements document. The gas alone plus tolls on the M3 cost me about $60. I may have to get a second job to support my contracting "job." Luckily the clients agreed that after I add the new features that were never mentioned before they intend to pay me some money but first I have to prove I can add these features and deploy and test them. Actually I may have to get a night shift in addition to my second job so I can afford to run a contracting company. With the profits from Grimoire so far I was able to afford a subway sandwich as well as a chocolate chip cookie but am now almost broke again. This is called the Neanderthal business model.

And DRM:

I totally understand this argument and frankly it is quite valid. I appreciate this myself as an owner of Steam games. This is the reason people feel so good about GOG because you don't need GOG to play a game you have purchased there.
It sucks to even have to think about DRM but there are so many malicious people who will not only pirate the game, they will mod it and reupload it and create hacking communities around a game they never even purchased.
If I had my way I would never even consider DRM for any game I ever made but the 2% ruin it for all as always.

What a cruel shithole of a world we live in when a certified 6 billion IQ genius and the greatest programmer Australia has ever seen is now almost broke and is desperately job-hunting like an undergrad. :negative:

file.php

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cleve sure gets you hot and bothered, eh old bean?

The manual will come when it comes, just like the game did. Anyone with even a peripheral interest in Grimoire should have realized it by now.

And yes, I think we all know that the manual's delay isn't merely because he's an amateur typist. He's got a lot of work to put into fixing stats/bugs/balance and no one here is under any other impression than the one you propose: the manual will coincide with redesigns that change the game substantially due to many issues with current mechanics and features not working as intended.

In other news: grass is still green.

If it comes next Friday, cool. If it doesn't, cool. Game is excellent as is and I doubt any patch will sway anyone who can't see that by now.
Are you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? Is that your thing? You come into a thread, you copy some obscure passage and then paste it off as your own idea just to impress some of your "crew" and downvote my friend? See the sad thing about a guy like you is that in 50 years you're gonna start doing some thinking on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life One, you are a talentless and unoriginal hack. And two, you wasted time trying to post other people's thoughts as your own while you could've been honing your skills to be actually creative instead of a thoughtless loser with a paste fetish.

Shams is taking over:

Shams
iconGames.png
18 Oct @ 12:02pm
Everyone, *please* tone this down. We are here to discuss Grimoire, avoid any personal attacks. If it was up to me, I would insta-ban anyone posting personal attacks :P

Secondly, we all want the same thing - Grimoire being "perfect" - defect free, features perfect and complete, and a lot more.

We are working on it. If anything, I want to avoid spending too much posting on here - as it eats up the little "spare" time I have for Grimoire.

I work fulltime, and have a wife and 2 (screaming) kids that need my attention. I'm not going to lie - there is a considerable amount of work needed at my end, and I'm working on it.

The roadmap has been updated with my priority tasks - and I'll post an update hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Shams
iconGames.png
12 Oct @ 9:51pm
Grimoire Roadmap

Now that Grimoire has reached a level of relative stability, we are working out where to direct our energies next.

This is an initial list of potential improvements - unsorted for now.

(1) - Shams's current task

--- Engine Tasks (Sorted) ---
  • (1) - Replace Fastgraph with OpenGL. This will enable Grimoire to run windowed or full-screen, and at any size
  • Review how the mouse works, and rewrite the mouse handling if possible. This will correct any mouse movement issues, mouse driver issues, and make the mouse silky smooth.
  • Improve the UI handling of the scrollbars
  • Look at an independent "scale" for the game (3D) window. This will potentially allow the 3D to scale to fullscreen, with portraits and items projected over it
  • (O) - Get the existing fonts working within OGL
  • (O) - Add support for TrueType fonts, which will give Cleve flexibility re: fonts

--- Steam Integration ---
  • Support for cloud saves (* game files and RPG library)
  • Support for Steam stats integration (e.g. time played, battles fought, number of deaths, etc)
  • Support Steam achievements

--- Game Improvements (General) ---
  • Speed up loading
  • TODO

(O) - may be optional tasks. If they are not needed - bonus.

Why the hell he planning use OpenGL instead of SDL2?
It's already have everything he need (including support for ttf) and portable (linux).

Mech

Cipher
Shams is taking over:

Shams
iconGames.png
18 Oct @ 12:02pm
Everyone, *please* tone this down. We are here to discuss Grimoire, avoid any personal attacks. If it was up to me, I would insta-ban anyone posting personal attacks :P

Secondly, we all want the same thing - Grimoire being "perfect" - defect free, features perfect and complete, and a lot more.

We are working on it. If anything, I want to avoid spending too much posting on here - as it eats up the little "spare" time I have for Grimoire.

I work fulltime, and have a wife and 2 (screaming) kids that need my attention. I'm not going to lie - there is a considerable amount of work needed at my end, and I'm working on it.

The roadmap has been updated with my priority tasks - and I'll post an update hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Shams
iconGames.png
12 Oct @ 9:51pm
Grimoire Roadmap

Now that Grimoire has reached a level of relative stability, we are working out where to direct our energies next.

This is an initial list of potential improvements - unsorted for now.

(1) - Shams's current task

--- Engine Tasks (Sorted) ---
  • (1) - Replace Fastgraph with OpenGL. This will enable Grimoire to run windowed or full-screen, and at any size
  • Review how the mouse works, and rewrite the mouse handling if possible. This will correct any mouse movement issues, mouse driver issues, and make the mouse silky smooth.
  • Improve the UI handling of the scrollbars
  • Look at an independent "scale" for the game (3D) window. This will potentially allow the 3D to scale to fullscreen, with portraits and items projected over it
  • (O) - Get the existing fonts working within OGL
  • (O) - Add support for TrueType fonts, which will give Cleve flexibility re: fonts

--- Steam Integration ---
  • Support for cloud saves (* game files and RPG library)
  • Support for Steam stats integration (e.g. time played, battles fought, number of deaths, etc)
  • Support Steam achievements

--- Game Improvements (General) ---
  • Speed up loading
  • TODO

(O) - may be optional tasks. If they are not needed - bonus.

Why the hell he planning use OpenGL instead of SDL2?
It's already have everything he need (including support for ttf) and portable (linux).
Stop trying to make SDL2 happen. It’s not going to happen.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
0KCm5aU.png

The most important thing to correct in any update is to replace the image of an owl currently being used to represent the stuffed parrot with the image of an actual parrot. :M

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Golden Era Enterprises Moving To New Headquarters
28 October - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
I am just getting everything set up in my new office and am planning to resume work on Grimoire (especially the manual) early next week. It has been a lot of work moving everything and getting infrastructure organized. Should be hard at work on manual (first!) as soon as I get power and internet connection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom