Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Working contracts as a developer usually amounts to low effort, (very) high pay opportunities.

Working a an indie game developer is the opposite.

So getting another contract makes total sense.

Also the bunker probably needs an upgrade.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Also the bunker probably needs an upgrade.

Definitely needs a gold throne.

gold-toilet_650x400_51461333003.jpg

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Last patch fixed and added some bugs:

Steam:
Sage does not have lockpicking
GOLDEN ERA GAMES
Gets it at later level.
Alchemy skill is spellcasting skill for Metalsmith, thief, berserker, thaumaturge and ranger.

Steam:
Most skills are back to normal, but there are a few that still seem a little off. I'm not positive that any of these are bugs (except maybe the first one), but I wanted to mention them in case.
* the metalsmith doesn't have the metallurgy skill.
* the berserker doesn't have axes&scimitar. I assume he's supposed to, since he starts with an axe.
* i usually put points into the bard's assaying skill, but he doesn't have it any more.
* i noticed at least one other class besides the thief has backstab. i wasn't sure if that was supposed to be the case.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
Thief and ranger should have backstab at level one. Bard should have assaying of course, will check on this.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 4 hours ago
Some combat and academic skills were to set high learning points, they were trimmed back a little to make advancement happen sooner from using them successfully.

Steam:
Faerie Staff still doesn't always work properly in version 1.2.0.27. It will sometimes hit, but then just skip to the next character.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
I was fighting with it and it seemed to work fine. I will look at it again.

Latest reviews are now down to "Mostly negative"

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Looks like even Cleve is bored. He's not even making any comments with his 0 Steam Level with Hidden Profiles Alts...

Zep--

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Would have been a good idea to clarify that it will be the full manual now instead of the early short version that was promised initially. A lot of people are pissed because they think that the short version that was supposed to be out in August is taking so long.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sigh, Cleve is still implementing and testing new stuff instead of working on more important things: ( like manual , bugs )

Steam:
i also would prefer to see food not be implemented. i don't think it would add anything to the game.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
That has become "SPIRIT" and the implementation will make certain kinds of evil, demonic and infernal experiences cut into it. You will have to restore it by a variety of means including shrines, which have yet to be implemented. Current fountains in the game will also support fixing it. When SPIRIT gets too low your character may just falter and be paralyzed in the presence of evil. This was actually working about 16 years ago so I know it is possible.

Steam:
i keep detect secret cast all the time. it would be cool to have a hotkey or two we can map spells to so we could cast them with one button press.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES
This is actually a really good idea. Aside from knowing how to implement it properly it is lower priority than other fixes. Still, it is good. Been thinking about a way to make it very simple to cast an often used spell again from character plate somewhere. Pretty maxed out on the button space already.

No more button space? that's why ctrl, alt and shift exist.

Last edited:

Covenant

Savant
For me, SPIRIT sounds more aggravating than food. I don't think 'Test your Fear' mechanics have ever worked particularly well in games.

This was actually working about 16 years ago so I know it is possible.

This is worrying on several different levels.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Full range of motion bent-arm pullovers with 70 kg dumbbells for 6 reps. No seriously. Lee Haney crazy mad sh*te. I have broken my own record. I am even starting to get some definition again. I have retreated from the brink. It is now highly unlikely I will need to be buried in a piano case or sea container.

If I climbed on top of Ayers Rock right now at dawn and flexed my lats, this entire country would be plunged into the darkness of an artificial eclipse and arctic temperatures. Mini Ice Age for Sydney, Melbourne and Gold Coast. The only survivors would be in Darwin outside the edge of the shadow.

I am emerging from my 20 year Rip Van Winkle sleep while working on Grimoire.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Why are you trying to impress us with biceps curls? In Germany we have a name for people who do such things: Disco Pumper. All they do is do situps, various forms of curls with shitty form and of course benchpress with even shittier suicidal form.

Why dont you impress us with your deadlift 1rm? Or squat?

Or even better, why dont you post a video in which you lift the biggest and heaviest manual the world has ever seen over your head? That would be most impressive.

Biggus

Scholar
Why are you trying to impress us with biceps curls? In Germany we have a name for people who do such things: Disco Pumper. All they do is do situps, various forms of curls with shitty form and of course benchpress with even shittier suicidal form.

Why dont you impress us with your deadlift 1rm? Or squat?

Or even better, why dont you post a video in which you lift the biggest and heaviest manual the world has ever seen over your head? That would be most impressive.

Because he needs to (try and) impress us with something. Grimoire sure as hell didn't impress too many. He seems to be about 356,000 short of his envisaged sales target.

The heaviest thing he lifts is his ass.

You'll see Grimoire II (or a Grimoire that actually works properly) before you see any vids of dopey Clive.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It's unbecoming in a man to be jealous of another man's gainz

This. Only miniature bonsai tree humans do anything but celebrate when a bro speaks proudly of his gains especially at an advanced age of 780 years old or whatever I am, I lost track. I'm supposed to be in a Ziff frame, not gliding off the roof of the gym on my lats like Jetpack Man. Funny when I hear about older men starting to get back in shape it always inspires me. When your sunken chest is nearly sitting on top of your scrotum you are filled with envy when a bro speaks of these things.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Cleve should put his gym stories in Grimoire manual. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Free tip to all bros. Try doing a pre exhaust before you do any kind of pullover to exhaust your arms and force yourself to pull with your lats. I would only do it once a week tops but seriously you will not believe the difference. I did this on a Wednesday and awoke Saturday morning to hear the ripping sound of my T-Shirt as two gigantic dragon wings emerged on my back.

Also, do the deadlift at least three times a month to failure. If I am a crusty undead mummy still getting results on this stuff imagine what vital healthy young bros can expect doing these things. Flush the steroids down the sink and try this sh*t it works that is the truth.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Cleve should put his gym stories in Grimoire manual. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Free tip to all bros. Try doing a pre exhaust before you do any kind of pullover to exhaust your arms and force yourself to pull with your lats. I would only do it once a week tops but seriously you will not believe the difference. I did this on a Wednesday and awoke Saturday morning to hear the ripping sound of my T-Shirt as two gigantic dragon wings emerged on my back.

Also, do the deadlift at least three times a month to failure. If I am a crusty undead mummy still getting results on this stuff imagine what vital healthy young bros can expect doing these things. Flush the steroids down the sink and try this sh*t it works that is the truth.
Fag

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom