Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Trash Player

Scholar
Also, any reviewer who thinks he is on a mission, to warn the unsuspecting buyers and make the world a better place like a lefty lunatic needs to be shunned and possibly banned.

In the comments section of the review, I'll be sure to let unsuspecting readers know that Felipe is a poseur who pretends to like classic blobbers more then he actually does, never actually having completed one, and that he's better off sticking to hipster crap like Undertale.
I'm starting to suspect that Sawyer and Cleve actually are the same person (with a serious case of split personality disorder, obviously), that would explain a lot.
You cannot explain Cooper.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Also, any reviewer who thinks he is on a mission, to warn the unsuspecting buyers and make the world a better place like a lefty lunatic needs to be shunned and possibly banned.

In the comments section of the review, I'll be sure to let unsuspecting readers know that Felipe is a poseur who pretends to like classic blobbers more then he actually does, never actually having completed one, and that he's better off sticking to hipster crap like Undertale.
I'm starting to suspect that Sawyer and Cleve actually are the same person (with a serious case of split personality disorder, obviously), that would explain a lot.
Indeed I cannot, no theory can explain everything.

Viata

Arcane
Yeah IDK what's the point of reviewing a game that is decided to be better waiting until it's done being patched.
I understand your point.

On the other hand, if almost two weeks after its release and after some 25 (?) iteration it is still not the time to review the game, that means that felipepepe was definitely right in calling it Early Access material.
Sure, it's not like I'm against a review. It's just that I'm pretty sure whatever argument people has against Grimoire will be met with people saying "Cleve is fixing that".

DeepOcean

Arcane
It could be added a disclaimer that the game is still being patched, if Cleve fixes the issues, the review could be updated later when the v2 version is released.

Kz3r0

Arcane
latest

Rick

Erudite
Unfortunately rather churlish. Changing the review after 80 hours is reviewing the developer not the game. It looks like the Official Codex Review is going to be compromised for reasons that have little to do with the game.
Game is being sold as finished. It isn't. That's 100% about the game AND abut the developer that's lying to his clients.

I love drinking butthurt tears of bitchy ban-baby sorrow from my giant golden cup of win and excellence. FelipePepe, you're doubtless a person of no small stature in Brazil but here where flush toilets actually function you are just a tiny, tiny unreadable name from the BANNED admin page for Grimoire. The world will roll on without you and nobody will care about your ability to get yourself banned claiming to work for Golden Era Games and issuing press statements on our behalf. Please don't get yourself any more overstimulated than you already have. Your review reversal was swamped by the falling tonnage that piled onto Grimoire last night. Soon your existence will be a backwash deeply buried in the apocalypse of victory of the next couple refinements of Grimoire. In thirty days people will be trying to remember exactly who FelipePepe was - "wasn't he that guy that spazzed on the Grimoire forums and got banned?" My rich laughter from my Olympian mountain retreat will echo down as the janitors at Valve slowly sweep your desiccated bones into a waiting empty crypt at the Samhain Mausoleum. "CLAIMED CLEVE SAID GRIMOIRE WAS TOTALLY BROKEN."

For the love of GOD can you please stop shitposting and finish the FUCKING MANUAL?!?!?

Whew. Sorry. Lost it a little there. It just seems bizarre that you claim to be this hyper-intelligent being yet you can't stop responding to people who are most likely just trolling you.

Yes, much, perhaps most, of your non-game related stuff IS clever and funny, but imo Grimoire needs attention. Iit seems to be in a stable state so, again imo, the manual should be top priority over everything else (except real-life stuff, of course), including bizarre rants at individual posters who are utterly unimportant.

Climb down from your "Olympian retreat" and join the real world. I still don't think this game will ultimately be for me, but it IS brilliant in what it sets out to do, notwithstanding imbalances and bugs.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Grimoire and everything surrounding it is certainly Fuck You: Suck my Dick: Cleve Blakemore's Personal Dream RPG Experience

Brancaleone

Liturgist

Grimoire and everything surrounding it is certainly Fuck You: Suck my Dick: Cleve Blakemore's Personal Dream RPG Experience
I meant that it would explain a lot about your sycophantic spree, certainly not about Grimoire or whatever.

CRIT MAGNET

Literate
What is this internet thing? It sounds intriguing. It's coming to something when a newfag here from the 'internet' :? can teach us the error of our ways and the true meaning of forgiveness. :hug:

Internet is in all of us, my child. It's the light in your heart. Look deep inside your feelings and you'll find the answer. Follow it and let's try to understand each other !

Efe

Erudite
you werent playing poe while you were posting page after page either. so whats your goal?
there are some people i disagree with, some i find completely ridiculous but only you i find repulsive.
you need a dev to suck up to and sawyer's not returning your calls anymore?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Originally posted by Roppee:
Oww you mean like that guy you banned for writing a review about grimoire?Now thats the Grimoire way!!!!!
GOLDEN ERA GAMES:
[developer] 1 hour ago

Do you like meaningless dramas over nothing?

I bet if you get 8 hours of sleep a night and stop drinking Coke zero, mysteriously your weird need to turn everything into a drama will vanish.

Nobody has ever been banned from this forum for writing a review of Grimoire.

One day Kurt Vonnegut realized that twice a week he was getting furious about something in politics. Then he realized that politics had nothing to do with it, he was just cyclically furious twice a week.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Felipe is a poseur who pretends to like classic blobbers more then he actually does, never actually having completed one

He completed Grimoire. Have you?

He also did this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1109618829

It's amusing how so many people that probably have just played for a handful of hours here are shunning Felipe's opinions about the game. It's even more amusing how some of them even admit being waiting to V2, even if that was the whole point behind Felipe's rant in the steam forum that got him banned.

Right now there are 4 people in this thread that have played Grimoire a lot. felipepepe , Viata, mondblut and Haba. Maybe I am missing someone, in that case I apologize. The opinion of these four regarding wether the game is "broken" or "completed" should be what matters most.

Then there's the plebs like myself that have played 20-30 hours. We have an opinion, but shouldn't weight as much as the above because we just hit the mid-game.

Finally there's the clueless batallion that hasn't played, or has just explored a few areas.

It'd be great to know to what group belongs the people here that voices such strong opinions.

Lord Andre

Arcane
For the love of GOD can you please stop shitposting and finish the FUCKING MANUAL?!?!?

Whew. Sorry. Lost it a little there. It just seems bizarre that you claim to be this hyper-intelligent being yet you can't stop responding to people who are most likely just trolling you.

Yes, much, perhaps most, of your non-game related stuff IS clever and funny, but imo Grimoire needs attention. Iit seems to be in a stable state so, again imo, the manual should be top priority over everything else (except real-life stuff, of course), including bizarre rants at individual posters who are utterly unimportant.

Climb down from your "Olympian retreat" and join the real world. I still don't think this game will ultimately be for me, but it IS brilliant in what it sets out to do, notwithstanding imbalances and bugs.

My theory is that shitposting on the codex is Cleve's way of taking a break. You know how some people go get a coffee or go outside to smoke a cigarette during work ? Well, Cleve logs on to the codex for a drive by trash talking...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's amusing how so many people that probably have just played for a handful of hours here are shunning Felipe's opinions about the game. It's even more amusing how some of them even admit being waiting to V2, even if that was the whole point behind Felipe's rant in the steam forum that got him banned.

I honestly don't think Cleve got all Mr. Hyde on Felipe just because Felipe said there are balance problems. The real reason is Cleve feels Felipe overstated his own words about the problems and then kept pummeling the game for the same things Cleve admitted days before and promised to fix asap. Earlier I wrote Cleve's honesty is pretty rare and respect-worthy and now it's kindda clear why more devs aren't doing it. Because there's always someone who could turn it around and say "You see? Even the developers themselves admit the game is shit".

Then again I sure as shit wouldn't ban him for that, plus the fact the game will be much better in the future shouldn't stop you from criticizing it, as a reviewer or a customer.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
felipepepe I hope you make a review based on the game itself(the one you said it would be top 10 if the combat was balanced) and let what you think about Cleve(and you being banned on steam forum) outside it(or make a part for it that in no way should change your opinion for the game).

I still think the game should be EA, but I guess saying that will make people go witch hunt on me(I wonder what would happen if I said I could do 5 endings in a single run, 10 minutes walking from each ending place? That would cut those 600 hours quite fast. :lol:). So I'll just ignore it.

But I also think it's the best game released this decade and how much we need a Celerity-autistic level modder to make the best combat for this game. That is why I still recommend this game for anyone that asks. I don't give a shit how retarded Cleve is on steam or here, I'm judging the game for what it is and not for what Cleve is promising on steam page, that is for v2 and that is not even 100% certain, it's quite obvious we can't believe whatever Cleve says. I'd not buy this game if Cleve's opinion on anything was important for me. I bought it because the superdemo was great. I played until the end the released version(ok, the update of the released version, you can't finish on the released version*) because I was having fun. Sure, combat was boring after some point(even if I don't exploit, it would still be boring, lack of balance made it boring**), but I still had fun. It's the wiz 7 clone I always wanted. Wiz 7 is still superior for me, no matter how perfect this game get. But that is because I think Wizardry is the best rpg series out there, so it's mostly my fanboy feelings talking here.:positive:

After said all that gibberish, I believe you, felipepepe, should change your steam review to recommended again. The only reason to complain about a developer in a review is if he is not fixing the game while giving the finger to its consumers(or just not fixing it, Cleve is only giving the finger for some of his consumers, but in no way you can say he is not fixing his game). If you are unable to remove your feelings to the developer while judging his game, I really think you shouldn't review this game. We already have generic gamer journalist for that.

*Guess it's another of Cleve's lies. :lol:
**I can't comment on recent version. Cleve is fixing the combat, albeit rather slowly.

So where are the Codexers playing and praising my autistic combat revamps?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

I honestly don't think Cleve got all Mr. Hyde on Felipe just because Felipe said there are balance problems. The real reason is Cleve feels Felipe overstated his own words about the problems and then kept pummeling the game for the same things Cleve admitted days before and promised to fix asap. Earlier I wrote Cleve's honesty is pretty rare and respect-worthy and now it's kindda clear why more devs aren't doing it. Because there's always someone who could turn it around and say "You see? Even the developers themselves admit the game is shit"..

I disagree on the reason why Cleve banned him. He might now be saying it's because Felipe misquoted him, but read the actual reason he typed on the ban form to get what was on Cleve's head at the time he clicked the "ban user" button:

2psWbQB.jpg

Of course after that we can pick apart Felipe's post and find multiple reasons to summarily execute him. After all, like someone said: "If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him". But the ban reason is p. clear up there.

Now having said this, I know (first hand) how emotional can you get over a bad review. You have invested years of your life and even bits of your soul, and it's not easy to stay cool to criticism. Developers are human beings, and the amount of effort put into a game is hard to imagine for players. In a way is like watching your son being beaten, you react emotionally (even if maybe he earned it). Furthermore he felt "betrayed" by someone from whom he expected support, as he probably believed at the time he had really given him a free key. But then once he checked he was a backer, he should have reacted accordingly, restoring his account and the thread and making a last reply to it before locking it.

Latro

Arcane

I honestly don't think Cleve got all Mr. Hyde on Felipe just because Felipe said there are balance problems. The real reason is Cleve feels Felipe overstated his own words about the problems and then kept pummeling the game for the same things Cleve admitted days before and promised to fix asap. Earlier I wrote Cleve's honesty is pretty rare and respect-worthy and now it's kindda clear why more devs aren't doing it. Because there's always someone who could turn it around and say "You see? Even the developers themselves admit the game is shit"..

I disagree on the reason why Cleve banned him. He might now be saying it's because Felipe misquoted him, but read the actual reason he typed on the ban form to get what was on Cleve's head at the time he clicked the "ban user" button:
No David, he intentionally twisted Cleve's post about that boss-fight into some admission that the game is "totally broken" and slandered it as an early access title, which would leave 99% of any RPGs worth a shit from the last 2 decades as "un-complete early access" or whatever.
Perhaps he misread it? Understandable. English is probably not his first language. Regardless, Cleve did NOT SAY that and is 100% in his rights to be pissed off about it.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
(English noing my native language, my apologies for the grammar mistakes and stuff)
I've been reading the stuff here for a while but I'm out of popcorn so I could as well reply quickly and share the laugh, I'm having at how ridiculous some people are in the whole argument resurfacing here and there.

The biggest of all :
Cleve : From what I'm reading in your posts, you're a self-centered narcisist. That sums it up pretty well. Your behaviour on the boards is what I usually see on teenage boards. You try to find the best words to sound pompuous and important but the fact is : you're ridiculous. You're mad at one person just because he exaggerated your words and criticized your game with... well pretty harsh words. That would be "ok" in private like if we were in a bar or something. But you went nuts on the steam boards (and here) : a public place where your name as a developper is clearly displayed. Get a hold on yourself. People say you're a grown man then act like some instead of this childish tantrum. You're like "I don't care" but the next post you're writing a 5-7 lines text just to insult and belittle Felipepe ... just for free. For fun. Yeah I didn't see that stuff at that point since highschool and I'm not even exaggerating.
Same for your "defense" like the fact that steam keys aren't promised in the indiegogo thing. WELP that's the worst defense, you could choose, seeing all the other promises... Admit a bit of your wrongs, take a cold shower and try to act a bit professionnal instead of writing stuff just to say "I'm the best, I'm a hero. People who disagree are shit" (exaggeration on my part but it's clearly what stays in mind when reading you)

Felipe : Dude, you're not at the previous' one state but still... CHILL ! I think, everyone got the message about how Cleve acted like a... Well I don't even have to say it because a few people said the same, each one of them in their own way and even people supporting the game "as it is" (waiting for V2 but still finding it's description on steam sufficient and still recommending it to others) sometimes agree that Cleve went nuts and should stop. No need to react to every insignificant stuff, especially when it's from trolls like ones I'll talk about later. Haters are gonna hate. Focus on your stuff, write your review while being the most neutral with 100% facts on the game itself and don't put personnal involvement/personnal grudge in it. It's the best way to prove to everyone that you can still review the game + the best way to say to Cleve : "hey this sucks because this, this and that" (and you're free to say what's good too because you're saying yourself that the game is still good on some points)
TL;DR : Keep coool and ignore trolls

The Lady Error : Yeah you're not even really involved in this but you're so hilarious that I have to say something... Your bad faith is something ! Everytime, someone lets something implicit, you're jumping on it and interpreting it the wrong way on purpose. Your position in the "debate" here is clearly what we call on Internet a white knight. It's funny at first but you're writing so much bullshit that it becomes boring after a while. Even though I don't approve the "you got Cleve's dick in your throat" thing that I saw a few times... you really are being so subjective in all your post and so agressive with nearly everyone that noone can take what you say seriously. Like when Filipe is talking about Cleve not being honest. At the first message I immediately understood that he meant about the steam store description and other "easy to see" communication for the potential buyers. Here I looked at it. Descriptions and news. Tell me if I missed something but I saw no word about a V2 on it. If you want to see the V2 stuff, it's lost in the boards in middle of countless other messages.
This is just an example of course.

Roguey : No need to be so agressive and trying to wage personnal war against Felipe's reputation with your exaggeration is putting you lower than the one, you're having a grudge against... especially if you judge him for liking a game. Like "OMG HE LIKED *insert whatever you don't agree with* ! ALL WHAT HE SAYS IS SHIT !" is the kind of things, I was seeing on children/teenage boards too long ago. Looks like grown people here have issues.

Aaaand yeah I'm lazy so I'll stop here. I know I'll have the "you're not part of the community" whatever bullshit to make my arguments invalid but heh... you could be talking to my butt that it would care more than myself.
Cheers love !

PS : Rpguy you're awesome ! Keep up the good stuff ! Your text touched me emotionnally *applauses with a tear at the corner of the eye*

Are you by any chance dating a woman named Sherry?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom