Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire: Playing may induce permanent intellect or sanity loss

Cipher
He said somewhere that he specifically had it dug underneath solid rock, and fairly deep if I remember right.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The whole thing is fabrication anyway, so it's probably pointless to argue about it, but:
Isn't the vault pretty damn close to the surface? Ok, there might be lower levels we don't see, or he might eventually pile tons of earth on it, but I'd like my personal vault to have a bit more than ~30cm of dirt to protect me against radiation and post-apocalyptic raider gangs, if possible.

(Ok, technically 30 cm probably help you quite a bit against rads already, but still - doesn't feel particularly reassuring...)

It is just two tubes. Sitting on rock, covered by gravel (and concrete). There are no lower levels and will be none (unless he digs the whole thing apart again).

DraQ

Arcane
Thats what the screenshot says on on the prestigious blog :
http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/
grimoire-n-space-warning.png

Seems the beta progress is halted again,64 bits computer are still a big no for grimoire. I think i remember corwin posting about the issue on rpgwatch 3 or 4 years ago(i am gifted with an exceptional memory but not titanium bones alas),cleve is probably too busy to fix the 1997 bugs first, then only he can start rewriting the whole engine for new computers.
Hope i will still be alive in 2030 for the release!
I wonder where did Cleve take his portraits, particularly furfag ones, from.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
That's an adorably useless bunker, he'd be better off in his basement wearing a tyvek suit and a fishbowl.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I hope someone would link to the thread that first revealed Cleve's bunker.

There is no one thread that revealed Cleve. Cleve Blakemore is an internet personality hailing back to the days of usenet. Do a search for him on Google Groups. Sir-Tech even included a homage to him in JA2.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
I hope someone would link to the thread that first revealed Cleve's bunker.

There is no one thread that revealed Cleve. Cleve Blakemore is an internet personality hailing back to the days of usenet. Do a search for him on Google Groups. Sir-Tech even included a homage to him in JA2.
I was asking for the thread where Cleve first unveiled his bunker to the codex. Perhaps my wording needs improvement.

asper

Arcane
Maybe mine needs improvement. I'm telling you Cleve and his bunker are the stuff of legend which does not need expository threads. Those pictures have been online for ages.

Cassidy

Arcane
Someone should LP that Grimoire beta still available somewhere in the Internets.

If Cleve threatens to sue Codex because of it, that would deliver more entertainment than the Playground ever witnessed.

I feel disappointed for his family seeing how much money he pours into this post-apocalyptic BS

You can't put trust in any of the words of someone who deceives so often, but it doesn't really matter whether it is true or not. I think you will find a sprinkling of truth and a heavy dose of manipulation and exaggeration in everything that relates to him. The internet has much stranger things, and you shouldn't think any more of it than entertainment until something happens to actually affect you directly, i.e. him releasing a game for you to play

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Hmm, I will contact Cleve and suggest he use Kickstarter to raise enough money to allow him to quit whatever job he is doing and work on Grimoire full time. Before you laugh at the idea, keep in mind that Cleve has actual gameplay footage, screenshots, and heck even a fully playable alpha version of the game! That is wayyyyyy more than what other successful Kickstarters had. Theoratically, he could raise millions.

Ofcourse, there is the probability he will spend it all on his bunker, say installing surface to air anti ICBM defences or something but hey, we have to take the risk. Grimoire MUST come out! :salute:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
After skimming through the old Sir-tech thread, I'm wholeheartedly looking forward to playing a game created by a real, certifiably insane person.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Hmm, I will contact Cleve and suggest he use Kickstarter to raise enough money to allow him to quit whatever job he is doing and work on Grimoire full time. Before you laugh at the idea, keep in mind that Cleve has actual gameplay footage, screenshots, and heck even a fully playable alpha version of the game! That is wayyyyyy more than what other successful Kickstarters had. Theoratically, he could raise millions.

Ofcourse, there is the probability he will spend it all on his bunker, say installing surface to air anti ICBM defences or something but hey, we have to take the risk. Grimoire MUST come out! :salute:
what would the tiers be?
$10k - a visit to Cleve's bunker?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

what would the tiers be?
$10k - a visit to Cleve's bunker?
I know of cheaper ways to become a missing person.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Someone should LP that Grimoire beta still available somewhere in the Internets.

If Cleve threatens to sue Codex because of it, that would deliver more entertainment than the Playground ever witnessed.
Well, if someone is up to it, the link can be found in my signature.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
To donate to Cleve's kickstarter, you'd have to prove you were never registered at the codex and/or a liberal sodomite? But iOS support pretty much clashes with the latter? So many questions...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thats what the screenshot says on on the prestigious blog :
http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/
grimoire-n-space-warning.png

Seems the beta progress is halted again,64 bits computer are still a big no for grimoire. I think i remember corwin posting about the issue on rpgwatch 3 or 4 years ago(i am gifted with an exceptional memory but not titanium bones alas),cleve is probably too busy to fix the 1997 bugs first, then only he can start rewriting the whole engine for new computers.
Hope i will still be alive in 2030 for the release!
I wonder where did Cleve take his portraits, particularly furfag ones, from.
He drew them himself.
:whatatwist:

thesoup

Arcane
I wonder. Is Cleve really batshit insane or has he been maintaining the same troll internet persona for the last 20 years?
I mean, his Neanderthal shtick is obviously a troll so what about everything else? I find it hard to believe someone this batshit could exist, but then again, how can one not get bored of it after 15+ years on the net? Or is the truth in the middle?
We may never know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom