Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire: Playing may induce permanent intellect or sanity loss

Mortmal

Arcane
Thats what the screenshot says on on the prestigious blog :
http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/
grimoire-n-space-warning.png

Seems the beta progress is halted again,64 bits computer are still a big no for grimoire. I think i remember corwin posting about the issue on rpgwatch 3 or 4 years ago(i am gifted with an exceptional memory but not titanium bones alas),cleve is probably too busy to fix the 1997 bugs first, then only he can start rewriting the whole engine for new computers.
Hope i will still be alive in 2030 for the release!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thats what the screenshot says on on the prestigious blog :
http://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/
grimoire-n-space-warning.png

Seems the beta progress is halted again,64 bits computer are still a big no for grimoire. I think i remember corwin posting about the issue on rpgwatch 3 or 4 years ago(i am gifted with an exceptional memory but not titanium bones alas),cleve is probably too busy to fix the 1997 bugs first, then only he can start rewriting the whole engine for new computers.
Hope i will still be alive in 2030 for the release!
If the machete rape gangs don't get you by then, Cleve will broadcast the whole thing in binary on continuous loop from his secure bunker.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ill be able to download it via BBS using radio from my own bunker too then , good.

Mortmal

Arcane
Why is the main window so small?
On the old beta , it was something like 640X480, this would be great for an iphone, but nowadays , that will be terribly small, it will looks like a pixelated mess full screen.

Phelot

Arcane
Cleve mentioned a few days ago he's building some special type of "floating" wall and joined ceiling for his bunker so it can't be destroyed in an earthquake. Unfortunately, this takes precedence over video games.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
May induce?

:hmmm:

Also why is Tanis Half-elven in that screenshot?

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Actually, there is nothing wrong with the screen size. Some ppl, myself included, like the fact that much of the screen is taken up by char portraits, stat bars, and a flavorful interface. I played the leaked 1997 beta a few years ago, and it didn't bother me.

Seriously, it was an above average game, that required lots of polishing. Cleve has some really good ideas, such as have Vampires as a PC race. (in fact, there were LOTS of races if I recall correctly). Only thing that bothered me was random encounters. I want my enemies to be seen on screen before they attack, rather than have them pop up out of nowhere. While I doubt it, I do hope he managed to fix that.

Also, he needs to start a Kickstarter so he can quit his job and do this full time. Yes he lives in Australia, and Kickstarter is for Kwans, Cleve is an ex-Kwan. He probably has a soc # and a bank account in Kwa, which I think is all you need to use Kickstarter.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Holy moly, there are some (new?) pics of the bunker over at Vault-Co that I hadn't seen before! (in the folder "Sparkgap")

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
:lol:

Looks a bit small though. Also, where are the SAM defences, an anti ICBM launchers?

TripJack

Hedonist
what is that why is making additions to the bunker complex

doesnt even seem to connect to the rest

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
"Best before Dec-2015"? That seems rather short. It seems like Cleve expects ITZ to come soon and be over in just a couple of years. He better hurry up on the bunker building!

CorpseZeb

Learned
Holy moly, there are some (new?) pics of the bunker over at Vault-Co that I hadn't seen before! (in the folder "Sparkgap")

[food rations picture]

What...?! Wait... no beer?! No to mention about some properly stronger. Schweppes soda?! Cappuccino?! Milk... even?! And they think, they will survive the nuclear war? Jokers...

Ps. You'll never find a single carton of milk in the entire Stalker universe...

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
"Best before Dec-2015"? That seems rather short. It seems like Cleve expects ITZ to come soon and be over in just a couple of years. He better hurry up on the bunker building!
Best befores on canned food don't matter for shit.
Indeed, but those are labels Cleve has printed himself. He clearly doesn't expect his rations to need a shelf life of more than 4 years.

Gord

Arcane
The whole thing is fabrication anyway, so it's probably pointless to argue about it, but:
Isn't the vault pretty damn close to the surface? Ok, there might be lower levels we don't see, or he might eventually pile tons of earth on it, but I'd like my personal vault to have a bit more than ~30cm of dirt to protect me against radiation and post-apocalyptic raider gangs, if possible.

(Ok, technically 30 cm probably help you quite a bit against rads already, but still - doesn't feel particularly reassuring...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom