Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire now has a Wikipedia article!

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In all honesty, its probably a Codexer (I'm looking at you OP) trying to cause drama.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
The only major gaming publication to review Grimoire was the German magazine Gamestar. The game was reviewed by Pathfinder: Kingmaker developer Sascha Penzhorn.[11][12] Penzhorn described the game as "ugly", "unfinished", "low-quality", "counter-intuitive", "buggy", "terribly balanced", "lame", "broken", "lacking atmosphere", and "hostile to its users"

funny, this dorito chomping mainstream journo has exactly the same complaints about Grimwah as Crispy.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Who's the agent of decline that keeps editing the page in the defense of that casual nigger with shit credentials who made a casual review of grimoire?

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
Look, it's a sad truth that the conservatives' ludicrous boogeyman of the last several decades has partially become a depressingly influential regressive reality in the last few years (since about Obama's - who as a matter of fact has spoken out against this - reelection), primarily on United States college campuses as well as Twitter and tumblr, but neither does that mean that the perennially butthurt (and politically overrepresented) rightwingers are suddenly behaving any better (if anything, the opposite seems to be the case) nor does it make "cultural marxism" any less ridiculous a term.

Bocian

Arcane
The prestigious role-playing game website RPG Codex published a non amateur review of the game

We're winning.
For now.

Edit:
yO9AvX1.png

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They didn't mean amateur in a negative sense, just in a "the site doesn't actually pay people to write" sense. It's been changed to hobbyist which is certainly a more pleasant word to use if you get mad about adjectives.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
The article needs a note and citation to the aspect that Grimoire was never made in mind for casuals and in fact to repel them by Cleve. It would clarify a lot of the negative tone in the article.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
There is no definition of "cultural marxism" anywhere in the world. The fact that some random people wrote something which had in its context "culture" and "marxism" ... and a a couple of times the actual phrase, doesn't really mean anything.
How so? Cultural marxism is simply the application of the marxist theory in the cultural sense instead of the economic one, and the listed authors admit of it being a thing.
Application of marxist theory in the cultural sense? As in what, share the culture within the proletariat? Seize the means of cultural production? :P

No, the theme of oppression is central to the whole marxist theory and cultural marxism relies heavily on it. Istead of the class struggle, the capitalists and the proletariat when it comes to economic marxism, cultural marxism focuses aswell on those who are seen as "oppressed" and their perceived "oppressors", but it looks at this struggle more from a cultural point of view. Based on that, the new "class" or "classes" of those who are supposedly "oppressed" are blacks, homosexuals, women, Muslims, POCs and other minorities. The oppressor "class", putting those groups down are white straight males, they and the culture they represent (Western civilization) are seen as the greatest evil and the biggest obstacle on the path to a more just and equal world. It's simply another type of the divide and conquer strategy employed billion of times that always seems to work. There is obviously more to cultural marxism, but this is the most glaring correlation and similarity between those two types of marxist thought.

This is exactly the problem. Marxist theory is not just LOL MEANS OF PRODUCTION HURR DURR and it's not "Let's start a revolution". It starts with dialectical materialism which itself is an evolution of Hegelian dialectics. This is a basic underlying idea that has nothing to do with economics or culture. It has nothing to do with "third wave feminism" and I don't see a problem with some influential philosophers being Jewish.

If the main field marxism focuses on is economics, then it obviously has something to do with it, so does culture when it comes to cultural marxism.

The problem is not simply that they are Jewish, but if they secretly put their tribal, ethnocentric agenda underneath their philospophical school of thought, then that's a different matter. Read "Culture of Critique" by Kevin MacDonald if you want to learn more about this topic.

what in the everliving fuck did i just read

Iznaliu

Arbiter
An alt-right video game website, RPG Codex, also reviewed the game
:lol:

The original edit referred to it as "a niche role-playing game website"

as it's obviously the only professional one despite being written by an "amateur"

The "amateur" bit wasn't originally part of the article.

They are simply confused by the lack of an awesome button. What do you expect? These are all mainstream reviewers, I doubt they play anything more complicated than the most recent AAA game de jour or have played anything else ever.

Grimoire has a whole "awesome class" (bard)

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
The only major gaming publication to review Grimoire was the German magazine Gamestar. The game was reviewed by Pathfinder: Kingmaker developer Sascha Penzhorn.[11][12] Penzhorn described the game as "ugly", "unfinished", "low-quality", "counter-intuitive", "buggy", "terribly balanced", "lame", "broken", "lacking atmosphere", and "hostile to its users" while criticising the absence of voice acting in dialogues and the lack of a German translation. In summary, he stated that "Grimoire deserves no pity just because it's an indie game", awarding a score of 30/100

I am 100% against pirating but after reading that review extract I am not willing to even buy and try Kingmaker through steam. The chance Kingmaker will be needlessly easy and popamole retard oriented is too great a risk. If it is too easy on default I will consider it hostile to me, the user, and never pay for it. If this fucking savage reviewer is just part of a dev team that actually made a non-retard rpg for fans of rpgs and not console monkeys I'll buy it, but I have no way of fighting back against the decline of this genre in any other significant way since most of you posers probably agree with the savage.

I have no interest in shit for shitheads like "no man's sky" so have no beef with console devs being console devs and sticking to their monkey console games for their audience who are all enemies of the genre anyways, same goes for general game reviewers who are also enemies of the genre like the popamole poser codex review. I'll fight the kingmaker savage with my wallet. All I have to do is figure out how to pirate I guess. I also am strongly advocating fans of the rpg genre fight back against this barbarism by joining me and only paying for this game if it isn't hostile to fans of the rpg genre by being made for retards that cry if a game require thinking. Also, I bet kingmaker isn't being translated into Swahili so that is additional incentive to not pay money for it using the savage's criteria for dinging games.

It was already clear those guys were some sjw faggots, this just confirms what assholes sjws always turn out to be.

gestalt11

Arbiter
The only major gaming publication to review Grimoire was the German magazine Gamestar. The game was reviewed by Pathfinder: Kingmaker developer Sascha Penzhorn.[11][12] Penzhorn described the game as "ugly", "unfinished", "low-quality", "counter-intuitive", "buggy", "terribly balanced", "lame", "broken", "lacking atmosphere", and "hostile to its users"

funny, this dorito chomping mainstream journo has exactly the same complaints about Grimwah as Crispy.

To be fair most software developers hate their users.

Unwanted

Wehraboo

Unwanted
There is no definition of "cultural marxism" anywhere in the world. The fact that some random people wrote something which had in its context "culture" and "marxism" ... and a a couple of times the actual phrase, doesn't really mean anything.
The texts between them have very few correlations as in to what they use the term for anyway.
Now if you want to discuss about the possibility of "cultural marxism" it would be interesting...and also too long. Marx created an economical theory though, everything else is theorycrafting / potential propaganda material.
And of course the fact that the term appeared in the last 2-3 maybe 4 years should be suspicious on its own.

Of course there is, it comes from an entire book that was written about it. Lefturds only accept definitions and words from other lefturds.

Communists destroy all cultural and religious shit as part of their revolution/control shit. That is why they are destroying statues now, and why they destroyed the house of confucious. They are exactly the same as muslims in that they spread their shit by simply killing everything else off, and that is cultural marxism in a nutshell. Suddenly country music is evil and racis and backwards one day. Why the fuck care? Because they can't convince someone to buy their bullshit if they have any attachment to other cultural/religious/philosophical ideas that are not in their direct control so no matter how innocuous seeming, it's got to go.

Retards will always say this is all made up bullshit but if you are buttmad over some fucking monks in the middle of a mountain range and want to make sure they are crushed, then it's obvious everything is open season. And you only have to look at what they historically did everywhere they went to show it's true.

In Germany during the 1910s through 1930s for example they toppled statues of all the german heroes like Hindenburg and so on. SOUND FAMILIAR?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They didn't mean amateur in a negative sense, just in a "the site doesn't actually pay people to write" sense. It's been changed to hobbyist which is certainly a more pleasant word to use if you get mad about adjectives.

Did they mean 'fringe' in a negative sense?

Dayyālu

Arcane
In Germany during the 1910s through 1930s for example they toppled statues of all the german heroes like Hindenburg and so on. SOUND FAMILIAR?

They gave in exchange some pretty awesome monuments, though.

berlin___soviet_war_memorial_by_pingallery-d4boltq.jpg

Don't bother replying, you believe in "cultural marxism" so you are a lunatic. Merely having the chance to post the statue at Treptower Park in an unrelated thread is a plus. It's a very nice piece of Berlin, very quiet and strangely devoid of random drunkards pissing everywhere like most of the city.

About the article, I do wonder who was the retard on the "Alt-right gaming site". Probably a false flag from some madman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom