Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Most SW part of Way of the Elders, located behind closable pit.

ukdouble1

Educated
I stole
druid burnoose
from Morgana. Now, if I give her any tablets, she screams that she was robbed. If I give her this hood, she talks about him. If I sell it to her, and then give any tablets, she still cries about the theft. She is neutral, charm and offerings do not help, she refuses to talk on many topics. Somehow it is possible to improve a relationship with her?

zeitgeist

Magister
Most SW part of Way of the Elders, located behind closable pit.
Of course, I somehow convinced myself it was in one of the chests on the earlier floors so I didn't even try to Detect Item on that one. Thank you!

Kayerts

Arcane
I stole
druid burnoose
from Morgana. Now, if I give her any tablets, she screams that she was robbed. If I give her this hood, she talks about him. If I sell it to her, and then give any tablets, she still cries about the theft. She is neutral, charm and offerings do not help, she refuses to talk on many topics. Somehow it is possible to improve a relationship with her?

A lot of NPCs have scripted sequences in which they give the party items, and if they don't have the item in question when that interaction is triggered, they abort the sequence and get angry. Potentially, this can mean you miss content. In this case, it's fine.
Morgana's sole function beyond flavor text is to give you the burnoose, which lets you skip one encounter in the barrow caverns. If she gets angry with you, you aren't missing much.

A few small questions accumulated.
Perk keys are used only in the Samhain Mausoleum, if I opened all the chests there, they are no longer needed?

Yep.

ukdouble1

Educated
Thx.
Morgana's sole function...
She answered many questions, "I do not want to discuss this with you," and I thought that she had a big quest line.
I had the impression that she could do something with a werewolf hunter, and that somehow one could learn to use his trait ("a mark of the beast").

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There is a ring pouch somewhere.

Where is potion rack specifically?
Not sure, but I obtained it later than the Quest Locker, so it must have been behind a locked door that I didn't open on my initial exploration of Kublai Axis.

Which area is the ring pouch located in?

Kayerts

Arcane
I had the impression that she could do something with a werewolf hunter, and that somehow one could learn to use his trait ("a mark of the beast").

Her script file doesn't seem to mention anything about that, for what it's worth.

mondblut

Arcane

Not sure, but I obtained it later than the Quest Locker, so it must have been behind a locked door that I didn't open on my initial exploration of Kublai Axis.

I opened everything there, and had locate item cast over every area... no rack.

Which area is the ring pouch located in?

Don't remember :negative: Either dominion exemplar/somewhere around blackspike mtn area, or around Kublai Axis, or around Nerukruel pyramid (maybe temple of hathor sogg even). After treasure box and before quiver and bookcase, definitely. Wasn't in Skulheim, Gideon area, or seas past the chariot arrival.

zeitgeist

Magister
Don't remember :negative: Either dominion exemplar/somewhere around blackspike mtn area, or around Kublai Axis, or around Nerukruel pyramid (maybe temple of hathor sogg even). After treasure box and before quiver and bookcase, definitely. Wasn't in Skulheim, Gideon area, or seas past the chariot arrival.

I have the ring pouch and the Nerukruel Pyramid was the first place I went to after getting down from Lalain Falls, so it's either in it or directly on the way there.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

I opened everything there, and had locate item cast over every area... no rack.
The assay function tells me the Potion Rack was obtained in Kublai Axis. I suppose it's possible that I had placed the Potion Rack on the ground in Kublai Axis and then picked it up again, which would cause the assay function to replace the Potion Rack's original location with Kublai Axis, but there's no reason I would have done so and I can't remember doing so (whether for the Potion Rack or any other container). Perhaps it's a bug causing Kublai Axis to be listed instead of the actual location where I obtained it. :M

iqzulk

Augur
The assay function tells me the Potion Rack was obtained in Kublai Axis. I suppose it's possible that I had placed the Potion Rack on the ground in Kublai Axis and then picked it up again, which would cause the assay function to replace the Potion Rack's original location with Kublai Axis, but there's no reason I would have done so and I can't remember doing so (whether for the Potion Rack or any other container). Perhaps it's a bug causing Kublai Axis to be listed instead of the actual location where I obtained it. :M
Does it look like a green cube? If so, you acquire it at the academy, where
zombification of recruits
takes place.

zeitgeist

Magister
What's the Quest Pouch supposed to be for? It doesn't seem to let me put any obvious quest-related items (like tablets) in it.

edit: so far it only let me put Stuffed Parrot and Eyepatch in it, but not the Tricorne

PEACH

Arbiter
Quest pouch seems to be another bag for putting items in. I assumed it was a pouch for quest items (critical) as well but now I think it's a pouch for when you're questing. If you change the settings you can put critical items in bags probably (?) but I haven't tried it.

Unrelated, has anyone got the Arcane spell Recharge to work? Sounds like it's supposed to replenish item charges but when I cast it nothing happens / it doesn't prompt me to select an item. Do I need to equip an item with charges?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Unrelated, has anyone got the Arcane spell Recharge to work? Sounds like it's supposed to replenish item charges but when I cast it nothing happens / it doesn't prompt me to select an item. Do I need to equip an item with charges?
Currently it just doesn't work. Like some other spells. According to description, Cerebral shield should be castable on any character. Also message that it is not "casted" but "invoked".

ukdouble1

Educated
If a berserker holds one-handed weapons in each hand, then, after getting an additional attack, he will strike with a weaker weapon in the off-hand.
If a berserker holds a one-handed weapon in one hand and a shield in the other, then, after getting an additional attack, he will attack with main, more powerful weapon, not to mention that he is better protected at the same time.
WTF?
I can not find an academy, the key to which is taken from
the lieutenant.
Read the posts about north-west of Kublai Axis, but did not find anything. Maybe, empty small building with 5 cells, the lockpicking of doors on which the lieutenant does not interfere, is this academy?

Last edited:

ukdouble1

Educated
But I think that the academy is a large corner building in the NW of the city. But the key to it does not fit.

mondblut

Arcane
The key is to the vault. I was adviced to use knock-knock to get into the academy (and the warehouse), which indeed does the trick.

ukdouble1

Educated
The key is to the vault.
There are 2 key looted from
corpse - vault key and academy key. If all 3 quests completed, he gives only one key - from the academy.
But i can only lockpick acadeny (building with zombies) door, academy key dont unlock this door.

mondblut

Arcane
The key is to the vault.
There are 2 key looted from
corpse - vault key and academy key. If all 3 quests completed, he gives only one key - from the academy.
But i can only lockpick acadeny (building with zombies) door, academy key dont unlock this door.

Ah, no, the academy is the building in center (w/Ethergate to Crowl and sewers exit), the door he initially is encountered at. The NW building is shock troops inductment center, and there is no key to it to my knowledge, nor for the warehouse on west-center.

ukdouble1

Educated
Does anyone know what can be done with the djinn in the bottle?

For wiki

Zephyr Cola + Cure lt. condition = Stone to Flesh

Zephyr Cola + Amaranth = Cure Paralysis

Zephyr Cola + Black Lotus = neutralize poison

Zephyr Cola + Burning oil = super burning oil

Valerian Root + archangelicus = bag of sparkles

Valerian Root + blood tamarinde = neutralize poison

Valerian Root + bitter tuber = Cure Paralysis

Valerian Root + black rose = Cure Heavy Wounds

railway

Educated
Beat the game but there's still some unfinished business.

Entropy:
I found both an Entropy Sword and an Entropy Axe. They cannot be equipped and their description implies someone is trapped inside them waiting to be saved. Is there anything you can do with them?

Moravia:
@felipepe's map shows a teleport connection from Samhain Gorge to "Ramparts of Moravia" but I can't find such a thing. Am I mising something?
There's a discussion on the Steam forums implying you can enter Moravia without the key from the special starting location somehow.

Refugee of the Ancients:
Same here: On the Steam forums is a post by Cleve himself implying you might be able to aquire the Key of the Ancients without choosing the corresponding starting location somehow. I know you can wish for any of the three special keys from the djinn and maybe that's what he meant but is there any other way?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
RE: Key of the Ancients

Rescue the princess or just steal/kill your key

RE: Moravia

Teleportation man, you use the black obelisk thingie

railway

Educated
RE: Key of the Ancients

Rescue the princess or just steal/kill your key

Oh, I see. Had a full party when I met the princess and she was one of the NPCs wandering off never to return after the first meeting. I assume you can steal the key from her as well? Stealing/killing the Khan gives me nothing. Something to do in a second playthough, I guess.

RE: Moravia

Teleportation man, you use the black obelisk thingie

Ugh, thank you, found it now. I was searching in Samhain Gorge like the quest compass map told me to. I did search all nearby areas except Samhain Underworld for some reason. :shittydog:

PEACH

Arbiter
Have a question about Singularity

I found an hourglass and text on the wall that seems to imply I need to reverse time to get across the endless corridor. Problem is no one has enough invocation to use the hourglass.

Am I fucked or just misinterpreting what I need to do?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Have a question about Singularity

I found an hourglass and text on the wall that seems to imply I need to reverse time to get across the endless corridor. Problem is no one has enough invocation to use the hourglass.

Am I fucked or just misinterpreting what I need to do?
Misinterpreting, which also happened to me. Try reading the description of the hourglass in your journal. Specifically, you need to
have a character equip the hourglass, then walk backwards through the corridor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom