Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Forton

Barely Literate
Forton:

Yes, you need something from beyond the bridge. When you wear it, you can see the Matrix.

Thanks!
It actually took me till the end of the game to realize there are scroll buttons when you "look" at an item so I didn't see the actual combination from the bridge book for the puzzle. I was there for like 30m just trying random combinations till I got annoyed

Biggus

Scholar
Which is the better weapon, one with a save of 50, or one with a save of 20? (assuming them equal in other respects)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Regarding Lord Ahriman in Dominion Exemplar

Since he will demand tablets from you when you meet him, if you turn off critical item lock and drop them on the ground, you'll be able to bypass this.

Not that talking to him reveals anything too interesting, but "Havoc Seed" at least can be... enlightening.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Since he will demand tablets from you when you meet him, if you turn off critical item lock and drop them on the ground, you'll be able to bypass this.

Not that talking to him reveals anything too interesting, but "Havoc Seed" at least can be... enlightening.

Haha. That's a nice trick.

Zep--

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Which is the better weapon, one with a save of 50, or one with a save of 20? (assuming them equal in other respects)

I guess 50, since it's the save that monsters have to perform against that weapon.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Man, this game DESPERATELY needs a balance pass... I got four tablets and combat for a while now has been just either "auto-attack to win" or "who launches the nukes first".

Not to mention shit like money being irrelevant, the world having only one reliable source for ranged ammo, status effects stun-locks & working on everyone (I killed Ahriman with a Critical Strike on the first turn), Raise Dead spells reducing my party's CON to 10...

The feeling of adventure & exploration is still great (despite some lame maps that are mostly empty), but everything else... the game is begging for a balance mod.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I have to say, climbing is pretty fucking retarded. Sitting at 60 climbing overall, failing a climb that I MUST make to complete the game.

Absolutely no challenge, just mashing mouse until skill is high enough.

Nyast

Cipher
Welp !! I'm stuck in Crescent Wilderness with a petrified character. Exits leading to other zones require climbing/falling and it's not possible when a member of your party is pretrified. Any solution to that which wouldn't involve travelling to another zone ? My previous save is many hours before.. pretty please.. ?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Welp !! I'm stuck in Crescent Wilderness with a petrified character. Exits leading to other zones require climbing/falling and it's not possible when a member of your party is pretrified. Any solution to that which wouldn't involve travelling to another zone ? My previous save is many hours before.. pretty please.. ?

Death is the cure for all diseases

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Dismiss your character. get a cure or go to shrine of the raptor healing shrine , recruit your character again and heal him - you won't lose anything.

mondblut

Arcane
I think the Rhattu fleshsack and Lilith are both supposed to lead you through their respective "dark" areas without causing instadeath pits. Once you can no longer spam Locate Item with Kroondergraf, this might actually be an issue. Probably disabled in V1

No, it works. I just wondered if I get any special reward for actually "saving" him as he begs rather than ignoring him. Apparently not.

Started spamming locate item from my sage. No more need to reload after using the orb :smug:

Speaking of NPCs, why doesn't phoenix feather work on Medea bones?

Viata

Arcane
Speaking of NPCs, why doesn't phoenix feather work on Medea bones?
Kinda funny, it worked on every bone I found but Medea. Then I tried Raise Dead on her and it worked.

If you save that mage on Cathedral Bell, meeting Ahriman after it will make him send you to Oblivion. THEN after you leave that and meet him again, he will just talk to you and ignore the tablets

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
If you save that mage on Cathedral Bell, meeting Ahriman after it will make him send you to Oblivion. THEN after you leave that and meet him again, he will just talk to you and ignore the tablets

Does Ahriman ending require you to give the tablets to him or can you just turn in the Chaos Seed?

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's the normal way to learn the catechism? I stole a copy off of Coffergus as a by-product of my innate kleptomania and never had to bother with the encoded catechism book to get Caliburnus.

Viata

Arcane

Does Ahriman ending require you to give the tablets to him or can you just turn in the Chaos Seed?
Cleve said that if you someone took the tablet from you, later on you can find the tablet at the owl's place, white owl gives it to you. You can't get to the seed without using the tablets to open a passage, thus only the seed is required for Ahriman ending. Just take it and give to him(I didn't, I had killed him by the time I got the seed).

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's the normal way to learn the catechism? I stole a copy off of Coffergus as a by-product of my innate kleptomania and never had to bother with the encoded catechism book to get Caliburnus.
Giving the encoded catechism book to Coffergus. He gives you the book you stole from him.
Well, now I feel like a jerk. I also stole back the amulet I gave that poor bastard.

climber513

Literate
Skulheim spoilers needed

Anyway to bypass the fireballs from Shelach? They are pretty much instakills for my casters, and there doesnt seem to be a good way to mitigate the damage

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Skulheim spoilers needed

Anyway to bypass the fireballs from Shelach? They are pretty much instakills for my casters, and there doesnt seem to be a good way to mitigate the damage

Magic Screen for everyone, Fire Shield on the casters, Rings Pro Fire.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Updated the Grimoire world map:

2gUp2PC.png

Supposedly, this is only 56% of the world

Updated it with the Rat Pyramid.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom