Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire dev environment is running again

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Got a new laptop to replace the replacement laptop that failed after I used it to replace the original laptop that failed when it was designated the backup laptop for my previous laptop. I do not understand how a kind and merciful God could cause three laptops in a row to fail inside a single two month period but I am sure it's all part of his plan.

So now I can go back to working on Grimoire again, after losing a month and a half to these laptop problems.

Home stretch for sure.

SkeleTony

Augur
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Got a new laptop to replace the replacement laptop that failed after I used it to replace the original laptop that failed when it was designated the backup laptop for my previous laptop. I do not understand how a kind and merciful God could cause three laptops in a row to fail inside a single two month period but I am sure it's all part of his plan.

So now I can go back to working on Grimoire again, after losing a month and a half to these laptop problems.

Home stretch for sure.

Shut up moron. No one cares to hear you pleading for attention and validation at message forums.

bat_boro

Arcane
I heard Grimoire is going to be the next best thing after sliced bread. That's what I heard.

Texas Red

Whiner
bat_boro said:
I heard Grimoire is going to be the next best thing after sliced bread. That's what I heard.

Have you heard about the Fighter's Guild?

Melcar

Arcane
Shut up guys. Grimoire will be great and you will all shit bricks when you see it. It will be so awesome you will need to make a save with a +6 penalty or have the urge to kill yourself over how bitching it is.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
bat_boro said:

Sliced bread is all hype. As a game, it sucks.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never got all the rave about sliced bread and comparing things to it. I usually buy my bread fresh from the bakery. In one piece. And then cut it up myself. Sliced bread is just a symbol of dumbing down and only hailed by those who are too lazy and/or retarded to cut bread by themselves. This actually does make it a good base of comparison for modern retard-friendly "RPGs".

denizsi

Arcane
If you gain no difference of quality or utility between cutting it yourself or buying it pre-sliced, that argument is as retarded as it gets. It also depends on the type of the bread.

So, do you?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Sliced Bread VS Loaf of bread

Which is better and why.

DISCUSS !!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
denizsi said:
If you gain no difference of quality or utility between cutting it yourself or buying it pre-sliced, that argument is as retarded as it gets. It also depends on the type of the bread.

So, do you?

Fresh bread from the bakery usually comes as big loafs. Sliced bread is only available in the supermarket, pre-packaged.

Also, a loaf of bread allows for more customization than pre-sliced bread. You can choose the thickness of the slices yourself while with sliced bread, you have to go with the thickness that has been decided by the person who sliced it for you. A loaf allows for much more creativity.
Thus, loaf of bread = a setting like Morrowind or Arcanum, while pre-sliced bread = cookie cutter fantasy setting that is just like every other fantasy setting out there

EDIT:
Don't even try arguing about bread with me. I'm German.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Grr, those laptops, always messing up with games I can't wait to get my dick on :evil:

SkeleTony

Augur
JarlFrank said:
denizsi said:

So, do you?

Fresh bread from the bakery usually comes as big loafs. Sliced bread is only available in the supermarket, pre-packaged.

Also, a loaf of bread allows for more customization than pre-sliced bread. You can choose the thickness of the slices yourself while with sliced bread, you have to go with the thickness that has been decided by the person who sliced it for you. A loaf allows for much more creativity.
Thus, loaf of bread = a setting like Morrowind or Arcanum, while pre-sliced bread = cookie cutter fantasy setting that is just like every other fantasy setting out there

EDIT:

Your being German has as much to do with anything as my being white does. I would never say "Don't try arguing about money with me. I am white!" and the same applies to arguing about bread.

And cookie-cutter fantasy settings tend to be much better than 99% of the allegedly non-cookie cutter settings that usually end up just being cookie cutter settings themselves save that they have renamed 'Elves' as something unpronounceable and call "Magic" something like 'Psi-omancy' or some shit.

Cleave is an ignorant jack off with a lame vaporware game that features a cookie cutter fantasy setting wherein he has renamed "Dwarfs" as "Barrowers" and thinks this is the height of creativity. He knows even less about politics, history and philosophy than he does about what makes good fiction GOOD.

He should be opening his mouth about neither.

bhlaab

Erudite
Wait the center of your enitre game development studio is your shitty laptop?

denizsi

Arcane
JarlFrank said:

It sounds like industrial progress and innovation in Germany stopped with Hitler. Must've something to do with sudden disappearance of joos.

In bakeries around here, you can have your bread sliced fresh out of the oven and you can tell them how thick you want the slices to be. They have these small machines, you see, that does it in an eye blink.

I also find it easier to preserve sliced bread for long term, especially if I'm buying a hard-to-find type of bread. I throw it in the fridge, then when I'll have some, I can easily pick exact amount of slices I want without having to deal with cutting a cold bread, which is either just unnecessarily hard to cut, or tends to break off into several pieces, depending on its type.

EDIT:

LOL, what a joke.

abstract

Scholar
JarlFrank said:

Is Germany that far behind the times that your bakeries don't have these machines which slice loaves of bread into separate slices if you ask?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom