Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire delayed. For one final time?

m_s0

Arcane
Ah, ok, I haven't been following Grimoire very closely, so I missed this. I guess that answers my question.
Wait, you're saying you missed the fact that Grimoire has been in development for almost 20 years and delayed for most of that time or did I misunderstand your post? Is this why people donate to those indiegogo campaigns?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally had time to unwrap the physical box, I could almost feel the gaze of Cleve when I was looking on disc.

Bh91KpX.png

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/support-nazism-by-supporting-grimoire.7564/

My favourite Grimoire thread

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shit's starting to get real, the fucking retards true believers are losing faith:

Michael Abbott
23 hours ago
Well obviously May 31st, 2014 has come and gone and no release nor any response to my Refund Questions. For something that you state is not a fraud and is clearly going to happen in your mind, the complete lack of communication to the real backers beyond an update once every 4 months here is mind numbing. Again I would like to request a full refund of the $100 pledge, to belay the apparent irritation of my questions + avoid the need to begin producing/shipping physical rewards for me. Thanks.

I like how he still thinks that Cleve has some intention of actually shipping anything. :lol:

Mortmal

Arcane
Shit's starting to get real, the fucking retards true believers are losing faith:

Michael Abbott
23 hours ago
Well obviously May 31st, 2014 has come and gone and no release nor any response to my Refund Questions. For something that you state is not a fraud and is clearly going to happen in your mind, the complete lack of communication to the real backers beyond an update once every 4 months here is mind numbing. Again I would like to request a full refund of the $100 pledge, to belay the apparent irritation of my questions + avoid the need to begin producing/shipping physical rewards for me. Thanks.

I like how he still thinks that Cleve has some intention of actually shipping anything. :lol:

People who never read the codex , may be fooled into it, that doesnt make them retards , they just got abused by a scam. Thats like blaming some elderlies for getting beat up and robbed . Thats pretty much what cleve did according the age demopgraphic interested by the game...

set

Cipher
I work with a software developer who will always say, when I ask him, "Well, how close are you?"

"We're 90% complete." He'll say, every time.

"Wow, nice!" I'll respond, sometimes sarcastically.

Finally, I asked him seriously one time, and he explained, that any projects he leads, they are always 90% complete. This is to motivate them. "We're 90% complete, until we find a bug, then we're 80% complete, but that's okay because once the bug is fixed... or that new feature is added... we're right back up to 90% again!" It's a funny technique that's probably really effective if you're good at fooling yourself.

But you can't say, "We're 99% complete" as a serious little quip, because debugging anything is 90% of the work, when it comes to software. It is trivial to put together something in comparisont to getting it clean of bugs. You may have to rewrite swaths of code just to get something clean. It's definitely disingenuous to advertise your product as 99% complete, when not even half the "real work" is done yet.

mastroego

Arcane
Never even heard of this before.
Looks like a scam.
If it wasn't, it has become one anyway.
Shame on this guy.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I have nothing vested in this game and couldn't give a single shit about it. I have no axe to grind with Cleve, the game, or the endless delays. They are fodder for the Codex laff machine.

Having said that, anyone who actually expected to see this game released this month is a 100% complete utter total fucking dope. Of course it is delayed again. Jesus H. Christ almighty on a pogo stick in yoga pants. Of course it is delayed again. It will always be delayed. The game will never be released. Never.

Never.

Never.

Pantalones

Prospernaut
I have nothing vested in this game and couldn't give a single shit about it. I have no axe to grind with Cleve, the game, or the endless delays. They are fodder for the Codex laff machine.

Having said that, anyone who actually expected to see this game released this month is a 100% complete utter total fucking dope. Of course it is delayed again. Jesus H. Christ almighty on a pogo stick in yoga pants. Of course it is delayed again. It will always be delayed. The game will never be released. Never.

Never.

Never.

Never? Hardly ever!

Because no one is greater than The Cleaver.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I work with a software developer who will always say, when I ask him, "Well, how close are you?"

"We're 90% complete." He'll say, every time.

"Wow, nice!" I'll respond, sometimes sarcastically.

Finally, I asked him seriously one time, and he explained, that any projects he leads, they are always 90% complete. This is to motivate them. "We're 90% complete, until we find a bug, then we're 80% complete, but that's okay because once the bug is fixed... or that new feature is added... we're right back up to 90% again!" It's a funny technique that's probably really effective if you're good at fooling yourself.

But you can't say, "We're 99% complete" as a serious little quip, because debugging anything is 90% of the work, when it comes to software. It is trivial to put together something in comparisont to getting it clean of bugs. You may have to rewrite swaths of code just to get something clean. It's definitely disingenuous to advertise your product as 99% complete, when not even half the "real work" is done yet.
Oldest trick in the book actually.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
People who never read the codex , may be fooled into it, that doesnt make them retards , they just got abused by a scam. Thats like blaming some elderlies for getting beat up and robbed . Thats pretty much what cleve did according the age demopgraphic interested by the game...

But Cleve has been trolling all the way through! The clues are everywhere on the Grimoire campaign page!:

The style of play is very similar to that of CRPGS during the golden age of computer roleplaying before 1992 like Eye of the Beholder, Bane of the Cosmic Forge, Crusaders of the Dark Savant, Might & Magic, The Bard's Tale, Stonekeep and other classic games.

Everyone knows that Stonekeep is NOT a classic game, nor was it made before 1992! Anyone with an interest in this type of game would have spotted that discrepancy and ran a mile immediately!

Torrik

Michael Abbott
23 hours ago

Now whatever gave you the theory I figured he would EVER ship anything?!? :) I asked for a refund and given his desire to start up another fund drive, what's one refund to silence a dissenter in order to give the third funding drive a try.

Like I mentioned before in my other two posts in the Grimoire thread, as amazing as it sounds I was unaware of the Cleve saga and RPG Codex wasn't a site I followed closely until after the first IndieGoGo campaign closed (e.g. only reason I am here now is that it's the only place to find updates, no matter how laughable, on Grimoire).

I had no dreams of a finished beauty, but had seen comments from and emailed a question to Jay Barnson (a.k.a. RampantCoyote) about a beta he tried years ago and confirmed its existence before pledging. Being gullible I figured that the fact that money was changing hands and very clearly stated deliverables (e.g. Beta access in Nov 2012, with monthly updates, and full release regardless of state in May 31st, 2013) I figured that would at least gain access to a buggy prototype failing a final release. Laugh's on me though... I lost faith in Jan 2013 and had several private comments and interactions through IndieGoGo, but given the complete lack of communication in the past six months with the incredulous stated desire to start a third IndieGoGo campaign after failing to meet ANY deliverable I made my latest comment public. Lets hope that anyone considering the third campaign will at least look at comments from the first two, since I would have liked advanced warning myself.

Torrik

But Cleve has been trolling all the way through! The clues are everywhere on the Grimoire campaign page!:

The style of play is very similar to that of CRPGS during the golden age of computer roleplaying before 1992 like Eye of the Beholder, Bane of the Cosmic Forge, Crusaders of the Dark Savant, Might & Magic, The Bard's Tale, Stonekeep and other classic games.

Everyone knows that Stonekeep is NOT a classic game, nor was it made before 1992! Anyone with an interest in this type of game would have spotted that discrepancy and ran a mile immediately!

You are correct I didn't search the campaign description looking for small discrepancies in the flavor text to determine its legitimacy. Basically I pledged on what looked to be a competent clone to the gameplay I used to enjoy back when I was still in school and actually had free time to play games. Fool me once....

Even if Grimoire had shipped on schedule, it is questionable if I would have played very far into it as my backlog of games I intend to play seems to get longer each year. The unsettling thing is this case is not a missed deadline or two, but what appears to be a concerted effort to misrepresent state of development. I'm pretty convinced that the first two campaigns went to Cleve's relocation and likely the third will go to doomsday supplies like others mentioned beforehand.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Combining the Neanderthal titanium bones with Melonhead cunning, while masquerading as a Sapien manboon with his fat man suit, Cleve is truly the master race. :salute:

Turjan

Arcane
Combining the Neanderthal titanium bones with Melonhead cunning, while masquerading as a Sapien manboon with his fat man suit, Cleve is truly the master race. :salute:
Well, somehow, that's still his version of the story. I guess we now know why the 'thals disappeared. At some point, the 'saps had enough of the 'thals' treachery and decided to deliver justice.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

You are correct I didn't search the campaign description looking for small discrepancies in the flavor text to determine its legitimacy. Basically I pledged on what looked to be a competent clone to the gameplay I used to enjoy back when I was still in school and actually had free time to play games. Fool me once....

Even if Grimoire had shipped on schedule, it is questionable if I would have played very far into it as my backlog of games I intend to play seems to get longer each year. The unsettling thing is this case is not a missed deadline or two, but what appears to be a concerted effort to misrepresent state of development. I'm pretty convinced that the first two campaigns went to Cleve's relocation and likely the third will go to doomsday supplies like others mentioned beforehand.

Well all I can say is I'm sorry that you're out of pocket. I know in the grand scheme of things it's little for you, but coversely, Cleve has run off with the two campaigns with over 10k in ill gotten loot(after whatever Indiegogo fees) and that's just disgusting(why didn't I think of that?). That 'superdemo' of his is the same shit he's been peddling here for years, he just adds a picture here or there every year to troll the site. Shit, I have the damn thing from when it was up here long ago! Since he learned of IndieGogo, he realised that he could make money and troll at the same time. He didn't go on Kickstarter as he knew that he wouldn't make as much and there was a danger that if he didn't reach the funding goal he wouldn't get any money.

Fucking Neanderthals. No wonder Sapiens wiped them out.

Weasel
I prefer this one. I totally would've bumped it 10 years after the OP if it hadn't been retardoed due to andhaira [?].

:lol: I love the way in all ancient Grimoire threads, like this one from 2003, there is someone mocking the length of time it has been in development for. And a couple of people who seem to think it will be finished soon. Could have been posted in 2014.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I'm reading another Grimoire thread and apparently to some people using public transit for creative work/reading/whatever instead of getting stuck in traffic a deathbox is a sign of poverty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom