Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire canceled !

Mortmal

Arcane
The cold harsh truth...

http://www.austdomains.com.au/login/cp_ ... r=grimoire

No one was really believing in it, but after all duke nukem forever was released, so why not grimoire may i ask ?
Sadly the site not being updated , and the domain not being registered, and we know how strict cleve is about copyright, it only mean one thing : grimoire is canceled (or cleve dead).

mwnn

Novice
I thought he posted the "Superman has died" picture months ago - stating as such?

kris

Arcane
Mortmal said:
The cold harsh truth...

No one was really believing in it, but after all duke nukem forever was released, so why not grimoire may i ask ?
Sadly the site not being updated , and the domain not being registered, and we know how strict cleve is about copyright, it only mean one thing : grimoire is canceled (or cleve dead).

The cold harsh truth is that this site you link too was a joke/troll made by someone pretending to be Cleve. Seeing the "updates" on that site should have been proof enough.

Exmit

Scholar
Grimoire shall never die, because it is a symbol of RPG that is in us.A symbol that represents ongoing fight in the human psyche of broism vs popamolism.Popamole might have won this battle, but alas hear me, there shall come a new day, a new era when Grimoire and everything it stands for shall be reborn and will win the war.This will be the era of prosperity for mankind.
Till last dexian takes breath till Grimoire shall live in us.

Stabwound

Arcane
kris said:
Mortmal said:
The cold harsh truth...

The cold harsh truth is that this site you link too was a joke/troll made by someone pretending to be Cleve. Seeing the "updates" on that site should have been proof enough.
That is more or less what I've been saying, too. I was assuming that it was the actual guy fabricating all of the details and updates, though.

Alex

Arcane
@Mortmal
The last update was something like 2 months ago, if I am not mistaken. It was some time ago, but still hardly enough time to say that it wasn't being updated anymore, I think. However, the fact the site is gone is a little worrying. Hopefully he just forgot to pay the renewing bill or something.

@kris

Why do you think it is not Cleve? I mean, I don't really know Cleve very well, but I talked with mondblut, who worked as a play-tester for Grimoire. He thought it was probably the real Cleve and explained why he thought so. So, I was interested in hearing your reasoning.

Jigawatt

Arcane
kris said:
Mortmal said:
The cold harsh truth...

There's pretty solid evidence that grimoiresystems.com.au (which redirects to grimoiresystems.com) was owned by the 'real Cleve'. Specifically, the whois information provides an address and ACN which matches that which can be found on the ABR/ASIC records for Grimoire Systems Pty. Ltd., which would be pretty easy to fudge with just a .com but would require significant effort for .com.au.

Additionally, if you head to vault-os.com, which is linked to from Cleve's daily-updated Vault-Co blog, you'll get redirected to the same crazydomains page.

Stabwound said:
I was assuming that it was the actual guy fabricating all of the details and updates, though.

This would be my guess as well. I really can't fathom the motivation of someone making fake updates for a game that will never come out, by this stage he would only be trolling himself. I guess in Cleve's ĂĽbermensch mind he probably believes that one day he can just sit down for 5 minutes and crank the game out and earn his vindication through superior Neanderthal programming powers.

Phelot

Arcane
Jigawatt said:
This would be my guess as well. I really can't fathom the motivation of someone making fake updates for a game that will never come out, by this stage he would only be trolling himself. I guess in Cleve's ĂĽbermensch mind he probably believes that one day he can just sit down for 5 minutes and crank the game out and earn his vindication through superior Neanderthal programming powers.

From what I understand, the game has been completed a million times over, but Cleve has some weird OCD that makes him can the thing and redo it. Or something.

I have to admit, the game looked pretty slick. I wish he had simply released that shit, from the looks of it, I would have paid money for it.

Pope Amole

Educated
I think he should sell his alpha or beta or whatever the greek letter it was version of the game to gearbox - I'm sure they'll be just happy to shell out some cash for such promising project and then, after a couple of years, we all will be able to play the game the way it meant to be played.

Or maybe he was just hacked. I mean, every serious developer company seems to be hacked novadays, so what's surprising if same thing happened with his prestigious forgot-how-the-heck-it-was-named-company?

MisterStone

Arcane
With all the news about the Maunder Minimum in the press this week, Cleve is probably too busy spazzing out and/or gloating to notice his website domain reg expired.

Now would be a good time to reserve it OC. :)

Mortmal

Arcane
Crispy said:
This thread is unholy! What is dead should stay dead, what is Retardo'd should stay Retardo'd!

BLASPHEMY!
Unholy ? quite the opposite! my thread suffered martyrdom in retardo land and now is back amongst the living in its full glory , pretty much like jesus!

Exmit

Scholar
Mortmal said:
Crispy said:
This thread is unholy! What is dead should stay dead, what is Retardo'd should stay Retardo'd!

BLASPHEMY!
Unholy ? quite the opposite! my thread suffered martyrdom in retardo land and now is back amongst the living in its full glory , pretty much like jesus!

More like zombie

npc37.gif

Mortmal

Arcane
You get it wrong exmit... go play ultima 6 and 7 , little brat.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The sheer fact Exmit doesn't even know who a character from the Ultima series is, shows he is a complete faggot.

Mortmal

Arcane
I think hes just too young like many here, their first rpg was oblivion, i mean it.
People have no business talking about decline if they havent played the 90's mythic titles like ultimas .

Now dear unwashed masses , our dear teen codexers i suggest you to stop spamming every thread about bioware or bethesda with one liner and how shitty you think their games are, just to look cool.You dont even have the slightest idea what means a good game.

Avoid the DA2 thread, the skyrim threads, go read elzair's ultima LP instead:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40046

Who knows you may actually want to play them , and maybe even start to enjoy a good game!

MMXI

Arcane
Mortmal said:
I think hes just too young like many here, their first rpg was oblivion, i mean it.
People have no business talking about decline if they havent played the 90's mythic titles like ultimas .

Now dear unwashed masses , our dear teen codexers i suggest you to stop spamming every thread about bioware or bethesda with one liner and how shitty you think their games are, just to look cool.You dont even have the slightest idea what means a good game.

Avoid the DA2 thread, the skyrim threads, go read elzair's ultima LP instead:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40046

Who knows you may actually want to play them , and maybe even start to enjoy a good game!
I agree with the sentiment, but in before mondblut.

SkeleTony

Augur
I would almost wager my house that Cleve will end up committing suicide. I totally keep expecting to find a news post at some site telling us that police in Australia, acting on worried calls from Cleve's friend/only relative who still spoke to him journeyed to his home and, after a couple of ranch hands disabled his security, entered his bunker to find him dead from a gunshot wound to the head, still clutching a WWII era pistol.

At least we don't have to hear about this crap game anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom