Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grimoire Beta Begins But So Fucking What

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I wanted to be the most evil being in existence, but then I found coloring books and managed to apply my angst in better ways.

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
Kamaz said:
I kinda start hate those newsposts "with opinion". Well, maybe it is feature, but it definetly sucks when SoleEx is bitching about game only because he dislikes its author for his very own and mysterious reasons. I would understand if you made fun of the game that has hilarious PR (like DungeonLords) or simply sucks (DL again), but putting your own un-argumented viewpoint with personal attitude not connected to the game in a newspost - well, that is "feature" I dont like.
Wait, are you saying you come to the codex for reasoned, non-biased information?

That's so cute.

Fez

Erudite
I found a post made in 1996 that said he had been working on his big comeback game for two years. So that's at least eleven years he's been working on it.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yes, Cleve is a wacky douchebag. And yeah, I'm not sure I'd want to even bother with Cleve's game because I'm not sure I'd want to give that wacky douchebag any of my money. Normally it wouldn't bother me what antics a developers pulls and I've even defended Derek Smart for some of the wacky things he's done, but Cleve is way beyond the wacky limit as far as I'm concerned.

mathboy

Liturgist
Sol Invictus said:
Anyone whose game has been in development since 1997 and has yet to show anything for it doesn't deserve a second glance anyhow, Volourn.

Sorry but I don't see how developing a game for 10 years makes it bad and not worth looking at, sure it was stupid to announce it back then, but, since I know nothing about this guy, I feel it'd be worth looking at. Hell, if I'd make a game now it'd probably take about 10 years, and I'll be sure to laugh at the tsunami a couple of times so you won't play it SExit.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Wait, are you saying you come to the codex for reasoned, non-biased information?
Dude, I know what mechanics and reasoning is behind the Codex. And I realise the concept of this site. But hey, no one can forbid me yelling at posters! If you dare to post your opinion in newspost, be ready someone disagrees. Why smile and nod head to everything that SolEx/Dork/VD post if I do not feel like doing so? Hack, I dont understand it wont change a goddamned thing but I am no sheep and I do not agree with everything codex says - they are fucking douchbags as well and their opinion is not the best one around anyways. So let them realise that because otherwise they grow arrogant and start thinking that their opinion allways is the right one.

Wrong.

But concerning that specific guy - well, I dont know him, nor I know his game, so I cannot share your dislike/passion for him. But I know how difficult it is to actually develop and finish game and that could take years if it is not your primary job and many other reasons. The thing is - that should not affect game's quality in any way. At least, game could get even better. And actually it is fucking great that he hasnt dropped the idea and still pushes forward his project, even more - nears its completion.

When it "hits the stores" then we will see how good/bad it is.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
mathboy said:
Sorry but I don't see how developing a game for 10 years makes it bad and not worth looking at, sure it was stupid to announce it back then, but, since I know nothing about this guy, I feel it'd be worth looking at. Hell, if I'd make a game now it'd probably take about 10 years, and I'll be sure to laugh at the tsunami a couple of times so you won't play it SExit.
Well now that you do know something about this guy, so you can't quite use the same excuse, do you still think it's worth looking at, you stupid cocksucker. Feel free to laugh at the tsunami at my 'expense' so everyone's opinion of you can drop a few more notches.

Fez

Erudite
He's been claiming the game was nearing completion and due out for years too.

bryce777

Erudite
Ellester said:
Nevertheless I would like to play an old school game, again, so I’m interested. Graphics do look bad, but that’s not a priority. But if this guys a psycho who’s taken 7+ years to work on a game, I have a feeling it will suck.

Games take a long time. Even working fulltime that is not a crazy amount of time to spend...if he is working 20 hours a week then He would have to spend many years to make a decent game.

bryce777

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
mathboy said:
Well now that you do know something about this guy, so you can't quite use the same excuse, do you still think it's worth looking at, you stupid cocksucker. Feel free to laugh at the tsunami at my 'expense' so everyone's opinion of you can drop a few more notches.

Most programmers are either pedophiles or closet nazis. If you take this attitude you better just sell your computer.

kris

Arcane
Ellester said:
Nevertheless I would like to play an old school game, again, so I’m interested. Graphics do look bad, but that’s not a priority. But if this guys a psycho who’s taken 7+ years to work on a game, I have a feeling it will suck.

I loved many "oldschool" games, but there is not many of those that I would replay now or even think much of as roleplaying games. they where in the end just long "killfeasts" with some limited story within them (and I hardly remember any of the stories). When I was a teen I liked those pure killing games, now they hardly interest me if they are not of premium quality.

conclusion. old school is not the same as a great RPG IMO.

fnordcircle said:
If Hitler made a good open ended RPG with lots of exploration, free-roaming, compelling story, random quests and lifelike NPCs, I'd buy it. Politics be damned.

I would DL it, I think that would be fair and just what he deserves anyway. :D

bryce777 said:
Most programmers are either pedophiles or closet nazis. If you take this attitude you better just sell your computer.

you seem to have some pretty wierd view programmers or do you talk about yourself?

bryce777

Erudite
kris said:
Ellester said:

I loved many "oldschool" games, but there is not many of those that I would replay now or even think much of as roleplaying games. they where in the end just long "killfeasts" with some limited story within them (and I hardly remember any of the stories). When I was a teen I liked those pure killing games, now they hardly interest me if they are not of premium quality.

conclusion. old school is not the same as a great RPG IMO.

fnordcircle said:
If Hitler made a good open ended RPG with lots of exploration, free-roaming, compelling story, random quests and lifelike NPCs, I'd buy it. Politics be damned.

I would DL it, I think that would be fair and just what he deserves anyway. :D

bryce777 said:

you seem to have some pretty wierd view programmers or do you talk about yourself?

It comes from having worked with hundreds of them. I'm the exception, of course.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
fnordcircle said:

Buy it? Damn, I'd be glad shit like bittorrent was around. :lol:

Percolator Fish

Liturgist
Kamaz said:
Anyways, dont have any particular interest in this game but one thing is sure - I kinda start hate those newsposts "with opinion". Well, maybe it is feature, but it definetly sucks when SoleEx is bitching about game only because he dislikes its author for his very own and mysterious reasons. I would understand if you made fun of the game that has hilarious PR (like DungeonLords) or simply sucks (DL again), but putting your own un-argumented viewpoint with personal attitude not connected to the game in a newspost - well, that is "feature" I dont like.

Holy Christ guy, that is what the RPGCodex is all about. Also I would just like to say that the 9-11 attack was planned and executed by jewish agents and I can prove it.

Hint: robotic aeroplanes were <u>not</u> involved.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Exitium is MR.SOCIOPATH DOESNT CARE ABOUT KILLING INFACT HE DREAMS ABOUT IT but the second Good Ol' Red White and Blue gets hit by arabs in planes and some office workers die, it's time to shed tears and wave a US flag in Malaysia.

dogwtc45we.jpg

Fez

Erudite
Vicky deleting things? Gosh, what a shock.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom