Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, didn't bother to read 100 pages of comments. What's the Kodex Konsensus on this game? Is it a funnish little grind worth a few hard earned shekels or a repetitive act of tedium that stays unchanged from start to finnish?

Also, a mild curiosity... What's up with this?

2831613-gd_key_art_vertical_01.jpg

thumb-29883-1.jpg

VH_FinalCut_Image2_zps9zrgkfrk.jpg

Dawn_of_war_ii_retribution_0boxart_160w.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, didn't bother to read 100 pages of comments. What's the Kodex Konsensus on this game? Is it a funnish little grind worth a few hard earned shekels or a repetitive act of tedium that stays unchanged from start to finnish?

Also, a mild curiosity... What's up with this?

2831613-gd_key_art_vertical_01.jpg

thumb-29883-1.jpg

VH_FinalCut_Image2_zps9zrgkfrk.jpg

Dawn_of_war_ii_retribution_0boxart_160w.jpg
a)It's a good game, apparently. Good atmosphere satisfying combat + exploration.
b) Those hats are cool, second only to commissar hats.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
For TQ to be really improved they'd have to cut at least half of the game because it is waayy too long and slow.

It's kinda hilarious, but it's 100% true. The game would've been far more popular if it wasn't so damn long. Cut the content by half and cut the XP needed to progress by 60-70% and you'd have pretty good game. People need to learn to not be such gluttons for empty content.

Mustawd

TQ would have been 100x better with a better XP/leveling/skill acquisition curve, as well as half or even a third of the content; like what has already been mentioned. Strange to think the devs thought that TQ in its vanilla state was going to be a game changer.

DeepOcean

Arcane
For TQ to be really improved they'd have to cut at least half of the game because it is waayy too long and slow.

It's kinda hilarious, but it's 100% true. The game would've been far more popular if it wasn't so damn long. Cut the content by half and cut the XP needed to progress by 60-70% and you'd have pretty good game. People need to learn to not be such gluttons for empty content.
Same thing apply to Grim Dawn, I would be pretty happy if they cut most of act 3 and 4.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
The build choices in GD are also really good, second only to PoEx.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Act 3 is kinda fine, but act 2 is boring beyond belief (lots of bandit and animal killing within very uninspired locales) and act 4 is just unfinished (apart from having boring locales, though I haven't played in a while so they might have added content), especially when you get to Necropolis.

Aothan

Magister
Sounds like a horribly stupid idea given that its character system is better than Grim Dawn's by a mile.

that depends on whether the changes make for improvements and refinements of the original system, which if so would be a welcome area of development, just as games are improved in the contemporary stage, or, in this case sometime much later after release. From the early feedback given most would appear to be finding the changes welcome, although some of the beta fixes are not, at least initially, altogether compatible with popular mods

Hobo Elf

Arcane
When I played it replicating missile was awesome.

It's a garbage spell. Completely inferior to DEE and Firestrike + Brimstone. You won't reach even half the DPS with a maxed out PRM that you could get with a maxed out DEE. And that's not even taking into account the beastly Poison damage that DEE does.

I'm liking PRM alot. It's getting buffed next patch also, I hear.

I'd wait and see how they buff it first, then. I've made several high level Arcanists decked in good gear who use PRM and I have never been impressed with the results.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I am using it quite sucessfully in elite right now. PRM + devastation. Works pretty good.

I like quirky builds instead of the fotm cookie cutters, and like I said, it's bound to be buffed at some point I guess. So far I'm enjoying myself, playing battlemage :P

It's a decent ARPG, better than Path of Exile, and abit worse than D3 in terms of production values. D3 is still better, but I'm tired of that game long ago.

Nael

Arcane
Is this bitch worth getting ? Keep in mind that I'm not into h'n's in general.

Probably not unless you are really into character building. There's a lot of options in creating a build to suit your playstyle as long as you're not expecting to go through Ultimate Hardcore in which case there's only a handful of builds that excel at that unless you play a lot of Multiplayer.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am using it quite sucessfully in elite right now. PRM + devastation. Works pretty good.

I like quirky builds instead of the fotm cookie cutters, and like I said, it's bound to be buffed at some point I guess. So far I'm enjoying myself, playing battlemage :P

It's a decent ARPG, better than Path of Exile, and abit worse than D3 in terms of production values. D3 is still better, but I'm tired of that game long ago.
I hope your kid is a demon with high heels because of that statement :P

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Yeah I know. I really don't like D3, but objectively, it's still somewhat better.

In its current state, if I picked it up, I would probably like it more than Grim Dawn. THat said, there are definitely some cool things that D3 doesn't have. Overall, though. The polish and production quality is just that much higher because.. well

It's fucking Blizzard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom