Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

DakaSha

Arcane
Turned off depth of field. Now running with everything else maxed out just fine

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just got two-shotted in depraved sanctuary on hardcore
Def rolling another character. I really don't see why people seem to not be to enthused about this. Maybe it becomes clear later

Last I tried it the skill tree was boring as fuck. I don't understand how they screwed it up so much since they were pretty good in TQ.

DakaSha

Arcane
Im loving the skill tree (so far).
Having said that, there is room for improvement which as far as i heard is coming next patch (ability to modify skills).

But even now, the fact that your skills also come form items and item enhancements makes it really interesting to me.

DakaSha

Arcane
its more than the skill trees (plus dualclassing).

There are both items that grant extra skills + items that you can attach to gear that add skills. There is fucktonnes of customization

Watch my stream faggits :smug:

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What the fuck, 50 skill points to max one mastery? Is the level cap higher?

DakaSha

Arcane
you get 3 points per level and the level cap is planned to be something ludicrous like 200, although its only 35 right now

DakaSha

Arcane
So i completed the general story arc content. Now have the endgame shit to do. Took 14 hours. I'd say thats pretty good for 2 acts

Last edited:

DakaSha

Arcane
Do NOT underestimate the rogulike dungeon endgame content.

I had a character that ran through the game, almost effortlessly. Died immediately in the roguelike dungeon. Oh well off to try a new one

DakaSha

Arcane
Had a dev on my stream listening to suggestions. Thought that was pretty cool

Last edited:

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
you get 3 points per level and the level cap is planned to be something ludicrous like 200, although its only 35 right now

that's the engine limit. vanilla grim dawn will be capped at something between 60-75. it's also planned that in later levels the points to spend will drop down to 2-1.

DakaSha

Arcane
I'm not talking about vanilla, but planned down the line (according to what ive read)

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter

This guy gets it. Especially towards the end where he speaks of AOE spells and characters build. Games like PoE get it wrong because they end up being a soul crushing grindfest where you spam the exact same skill (1 or 2 at best) over and over again hours on end.
That's the only thing Diablo 3 had right. Seems like Grim Dawn will be the best of both world with more proper RPG elements thrown in.

subotaiy

Cipher
Don't know nothing bout this, but yes, PoE is ironically gimped by the gem linking system. One or max 2 items with 6 sockets means you will focus on enhancing that particular spamming skill. Also, with Codt, summons and totems, the combat becomes even more passive and boring.
These games should take cues from moba genre combat, but that means more interesting encounter design.

this game is way less sperglord than PoE, and infinitely more playable - aka there are many different interesting skills and there's actually some atmosphere as far as these diablolike games go. I'm way past the point where I give a shit about min/maxing in these things anymore, so it's a welcome change of pace.

btw Kripparian is an insufferable fucking moron.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Ahh, Path of Exile not Pillars of Eternity.

...that's gonna be annoying ongoing.

I know. That can be horribly confusing outside of their respective threads. And the O in both of them stands for ''of'' so it stays minuscule.

PoE...

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
So what's the news on this- wasn't it supposed to be done by now? I tried looking at their forums to find the answer a while back, but I couldn't piece it together by what other people are saying.

I love the game, but I'm waiting for Act 3 before I play again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom