Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

made

Arcane
But the character building and double classing was the best (and the only good) thing about TQ:(
Pretty much. It's also what makes PoE enjoyable in the first place. Strip that away and you're left with a test of will of how long you can hold down LMB before you fall asleep. Essentially D3.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Get about 45-75 FPS, not much more than before but it's mostly staying around 60 though ... pretty much less than half the FPS I got in TQ :(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wish they had a playable demo of this... even if it were just fifteen minutes. I need to FEELZ the combat.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wish they had a playable demo of this... even if it were just fifteen minutes. I need to FEELZ the combat.
It's a lot more 'punchy' than TQ, and there's a lot more reaction to your hits, i.e. it's actually possible to interrupt enemy attacks I think, and the animation is quite a bit better. It's still the same engine though, so ymmv.

Cynic

Arcane
It's good. After a few missteps between build 12 and this one, they've managed to fix a lot of stuff they broke and added new things that have made shit better.

DakaSha

Arcane
Having way more fun with this than i had with all the other current ARPG's. I cant comment on whether the skill system is great, but (most) everything up until now seems fun

DakaSha

Arcane
Just got two-shotted in depraved sanctuary on hardcore
Def rolling another character. I really don't see why people seem to not be to enthused about this. Maybe it becomes clear later

Martius

Liturgist
I like game so far but lack of content can be very off-putting. I am trying to do some quest and bam! There is npc telling me that is end of content so far. Pretty anticlimactic.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah I get half the performance I get in Path of Exile and about 1/3 of Titan Quest in Grim Dawn. 50 FPS compared to 125~ solid in PoE and 180+ in Titan Quest. Sucks donkey balls.

DakaSha

Arcane
Performance is ass. Gameplay is great. I'm not exaggerating when i say I haven't had this much fun with an ARPG since D2, and that despite the genre boring me more in general now

There seems to be a pretty damn large amount of content as well. I had to stop because this final area in act1 was just so god damn huge. Having said that it wouldnt hurt if it was more varied

DakaSha

Arcane
Not sure if it did anything.
Im getting to the point of saying that this is almost everything i want an arpg to be. Itemization is amazing

Also streaming again

Cynic

Arcane
I told you bros that this game was gon be good. Hopefully they finish it at some point.

DakaSha

Arcane
Du should change my tag to grim dawn fanboy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom