Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I'm curious about the Devotion system. They have been talking about it for a quite some time already, without giving much info. It could be something big.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nice that they added something specific for two handed weapons as well.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yeah, at last. There were really a few skills for 2 handers in soldier line and they were somewhat lacking.
IMA going Highlander route when Shaman patch gets aired. There is shit loads of shaman stuff in my safe right now(set is nearly completed), thank you RNG gods...

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm curious about the Devotion system. They have been talking about it for a quite some time already, without giving much info. It could be something big.
Well, they gave a little bit of info on it, buried in one of the updates--
How Devoted are you?
Yup, we finally spilled. Devotion really exists. After months of teasers and hints, we are ready to talk about the final layer of Grim Dawn’s character customization.

While the system is still being actively developed by our programmers, the core design is in place. Devotion will feature a brand new UI filled with constellations depicting various Grim Dawn deities and symbols. To unlock these constellations, you will need to travel throughout Cairn and restore shrines dedicated to these celestial symbols. Sometimes, a shrine will require repair using various rare materials. Other times, you will have to cleanse a shrine of corruption by defeating whatever dark spawn inhabits it.

Whenever you claim a shrine, you will earn a Devotion point, which you can then spend in the Devotion Window. This earns you additional attributes and bonuses. However, some constellations feature what we are calling secondary skills. These skills are not applied to your skill bar in the usual sense. Instead, you will apply them to your mastery skills and they will trigger additional effects whenever you use the assigned skill.

As an example, imagine that whenever you trigger Cadence, you will also have a chance to auto-cast a meteor to fall upon your enemies. Or whenever you block with Overguard active you will also gain a short buff that increases your damage. We are working on all sorts of awesome secondary effects, but how you use them will be entirely up to you.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am hoping to make a dedicated summoner with occultist/shaman. Hope Shaman has at least one long duration summon.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yeah, at last. There were really a few skills for 2 handers in soldier line and they were somewhat lacking.
IMA going Highlander route when Shaman patch gets aired. There is shit loads of shaman stuff in my safe right now(set is nearly completed), thank you RNG gods...

Two handed weapons felt like they were just another checkmark in a list of kickstarter stretch goals to be honest. Sure you could make a decent build with them but felt like an afterthought without any way to specialize into.

I bought this game and loving it since. I have never seen such cool ideas in an ARPG. You can miss attacks, deflect and even break attacks with ranged weapons. Also the C&C really is there more in act 3 then any other. This is much better then D3 in every way. The reputation system is also new to me and the game is a lot of fun with very interesting boss fights. The mobs are really very cool looking and if you want a pistol just shoot the guy with the pistol, you can trigger the game to only show you rare items and above and normal items won't show at all( you can't pick them up by mistake). No more identify and repair. Amazing what a team of 8 managed to do here.

Deleted member 7219

I bought this game and loving it since. I have never seen such cool ideas in an ARPG. You can miss attacks, deflect and even break attacks with ranged weapons. Also the C&C really is there more in act 3 then any other. This is much better then D3 in every way. The reputation system is also new to me and the game is a lot of fun with very interesting boss fights. The mobs are really very cool looking and if you want a pistol just shoot the guy with the pistol, you can trigger the game to only show you rare items and above and normal items won't show at all( you can't pick them up by mistake). No more identify and repair. Amazing what a team of 8 managed to do here.

I am looking forward to the full release.

Inspectah

Savant
I always wondered why diablo 2 was the only ARPG that had an actual summoner class(As in, conjure an army of 20 undead to kill everything)
Was really hoping the shaman class would be like it, but I guess not

ArchAngel

Arcane
I always wondered why diablo 2 was the only ARPG that had an actual summoner class(As in, conjure an army of 20 undead to kill everything)
Was really hoping the shaman class would be like it, but I guess not
Well GD you combine classes and that is as legal as staying in one class. So you can say Shaman+another class does not have it.
BTW, you can be a mass summoner in Path of Exile.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, Path of Exile allows playing as a mass summoner necro type character. even without special gear you can wander with 8 zombies, 2 spectres and a golem (you can choose it element) Also there are back up summons like skeletons and animated objects. And then there is "Army of Darkness"

Inspectah

Savant
That's really nice to know, about POE.
I never really played much, because the always-online thing really fucks up the game for me, since it gives me a pretty big delay.
And Grim Dawn is really great too, definitely a step up from Titan Quest

Saduj

Arcane
Finished Act 3 over the weekend. Overall, I'm still having a lot of fun with the game. But I've never been a fan of the poisoned ground gimmick. Hoping it won't be as prevalent in the final act as it was in Act 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom