Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Nael

Arcane
Yeah I'm so fucking butthurt, having backed at lowest tier, can't they give early access to everyone seeing how fuking long it takes to actual release and how long game is in early access
:butthurt:
Ehm, they gave early access to all KS backers like 6+ months ago or more.
WTF Where do I get that now.. must find out.. heh.. thanks dude..

Email the contact in KS if you can't find a link. Other than that I have no idea.

ArchAngel

Arcane
FYI My mistake, looks like back in 2013 they emailed the alpha keys (released through humble bundle but I chose to wait for final release and later on forgot all about it.

Thread to retrieve key if lost, if anyone needs: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=135344
You should send a bear to the main guy at Crate as a sorry token for badmouthing him.
Lol I just noticed what I wrote. I meant to send him a beer :D

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What I mean is, I expect more than fucking 60 FPS. In Titan Quest I get between ~180-400 FPS. Dunno what the fuck they did to their code.

120 FPS+ pls (to at least match my monitor refresh rate)

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah performance kind of sucks compared to other recent games, but I do like the atmosphere and the "feel" of the game, PoE felt a bit like without a soul in comparison - I'll leave the beta alone for a while now and it for a more final release.

kazgar

Arcane
What's the latest eta on this being done? Wednesday?

I've yet to succumb to temptation on my kickstarted copy so far.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
One more Act? Give them another year and a half. Keep in mind that they also want to revisit all the old classes because they seem outdated compared to the Arcanist, and they're right.

Cnaiur

Augur
I'll let the game be for now, but was quite impressed with how solid it already felt during a hardcore run about a year ago. Played for 30 hours, got cocky in that big temporary 'end game' dungeon and got my ass handed over to me. Combat felt great and I love the combination of two classes when it comes to choosing skills, even though the choices will be limited compared to TQ.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
One more Act? Give them another year and a half. Keep in mind that they also want to revisit all the old classes because they seem outdated compared to the Arcanist, and they're right.
Game will be 75% off before release.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Game will be 75% off before release.

Hasn't it already been -75%? Anyway, yeah, this new business model is kinda wierd. Take too long to make your game and it's ready for the bargain bin when it's finally released.

Last edited:

Cnaiur

Augur
Didn't they suffer from a lot of real life shit which caused multiple delays? Former Iron Lore devs who worked on Grim Dawn initially couldn't stay on due to financials, animation designers working on day jobs with insufficient time to spend on GD, lead dev became a father, suffered from lead poisoning and had to move out of his house in the middle of development..

So it's probably not the business model they opted for when they started on GD.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's called life and it happens to every single dev team. Crate aren't some special snowflakes who are the only ones to have some shit happen to them. Yeah, it sucks and slows down the development which is understandable, but they are also really slow as well. We're talking about "this game was intended to be fully released 2-3 years ago" slow. Given the current state of the game I really must question the crazy person who thought that they'd have the game done by then lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom