Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Grey Warden video @ Bioware

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Dragon Age

<a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/gallery.html">There's a video up on the Dragon Age site about the Grey Wardens</a> and how they like to take it up the butt. I may have made that last bit up but until you click the link, step through the age verification (I went for Jan 12 1922), ignore the login box and scroll down a bit to watch the video, you'll never know. Here's an interesting bit:
<br>
<blockquote>They're commoners thrown into the situtation. They're not idealistic heros with strong jaws and hansom physiques. It's about real world people and putting them into these difficult situtations.
<br>
<br>
The Wardens are remnants of what they used to be. A small handful of stragglers of what was once a hugely united force.</blockquote>
<br>
The secret is finally revealed, they're Jedi's!
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</a>

Avu

Liturgist
Neah they're Biowarish Night Watch (from A song of Ice and fire). I just like it how they coppied the organization. They defend against the great evil check, they were once great and no more check, commoners instead of respected nobleborn check. And of course they'll get all heroic and stuff because Bioware is cluelless.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
MM15-p14.jpg

Vibalist

Arcane
"I would even have named one of my children after you! The grumpy one."

Yay. Joker is back.

Rhalle

Magister
Vibalist said:

Yay. Joker is back.

That line is embarassingly weak.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
I wanted to make a gay joke but it was already done.
Btw, they say that the Wardens don't have classic morals and hint at a town-destroying quest. Fuckout anyone?

Saxon1974

Prophet
Pastel said:
Gray Wardens? More like Gray WarGAYns, am I right?

As stupid as that was, it made me laugh :lol:

Im sort of interested in this game, but nothing I have seen looks all that great so Im not expecting much. Seems to focus mostly on cool cut scenes and graphics. I still dont have much of an idea on how its going to play.

Saxon1974 said:
I still dont have much of an idea on how its going to play.
From the looks of it, somewhere along the lines of NWN2 OC, most likely.
With the exception that this time, you are saving the universe... And being ordinary about it...
You know, epic innovation, BioWare-style. ;) Old-school as a mammoth's dropping.

Vibalist said:

Yay. Joker is back.

Don't be silly - Bioware wouldn't reuse one of their few GOOD npcs! Why do you think he was stuck in the ship rather than being a selectable character. They all lined up at the NPC try-outs, and Joker failed the 'annoy-the-player-to-suicide-within-3-minutes' test, and so he got relegated to piloting duties as punishment.

That and Bioware probably couldn't afford to pay Seth Green to do any more dialogue than that. I'm almost doubting that Joker will even be in ME2, now that Green is actually employed again (Family Guy, Robot Chicken)

Saxon1974

Prophet
Sagus said:
Saxon1974 said:
I still dont have much of an idea on how its going to play.
From the looks of it, somewhere along the lines of NWN2 OC, most likely.
With the exception that this time, you are saving the universe... And being ordinary about it...
You know, epic innovation, BioWare-style. ;) Old-school as a mammoth's dropping.

God I hope not, I hated the NWN2 OC, linear as hell.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I went for Dec. 31, 2008 and got a message saying "Sorry, you are too young." What do I do, Codex?

NiM82

Prophet
Jaime Lannister said:
I went for Dec. 31, 2008 and got a message saying "Sorry, you are too young." What do I do, Codex?

Wait a few years obviously.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Pastel said:

I suppose it would be too much to ask from you to simply put it:

Gay Warden

He's a codex member btw, isn't he?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The Feral Kid said:
Pastel said:

I suppose it would be too much to ask from you to simply put it:

Gay Warden
I think you'll find that was the point. IE: The obviousness of the gay reference and thus putting it in the "Warden" part rather than simply dropping the 'r'. I also mentioned how they like taking it up the butt in the news post, thus fulfilling our gay reference requirements.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm impressed. Even with a setting that is somehow different from the usual stuff, they still manage to include the most basic cliches.

I know, I know, the best heroes journey starts with those that are least likely to make it, but... :/

Vibalist

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
Vibalist said:

Yay. Joker is back.

Don't be silly - Bioware wouldn't reuse one of their few GOOD npcs! Why do you think he was stuck in the ship rather than being a selectable character. They all lined up at the NPC try-outs, and Joker failed the 'annoy-the-player-to-suicide-within-3-minutes' test, and so he got relegated to piloting duties as punishment.

That and Bioware probably couldn't afford to pay Seth Green to do any more dialogue than that. I'm almost doubting that Joker will even be in ME2, now that Green is actually employed again (Family Guy, Robot Chicken)

Not trying to start an argument, but what exactly made Joker so great? Wasn't he a pretty generic funnydude?

made

Arcane
He's not only a funnydude, but also THE BEST GODDAMN PILOT in the entire human alliance AND a cripple. That's pretty deep if you ask me.

Arcanoix

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
<a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/gallery.html">There's a video up on the Dragon Age site about the Grey Wardens</a> and how they like to take it up the butt. I may have made that last bit up but until you click the link, step through the age verification (I went for Jan 12 1922), ignore the login box and scroll down a bit to watch the video, you'll never know. Here's an interesting bit:
<blockquote>They're commoners thrown into the situtation. They're not idealistic heros with strong jaws and hansom physiques. It's about real world people and putting them into these difficult situtations.

The Wardens are remnants of what they used to be. A small handful of stragglers of what was once a hugely united force.</blockquote>
The secret is finally revealed, they're Jedi's!

Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com">RPGWatch</a>

O LAWDY - PETER RENNEDAY (sp?) is the voice of DUNCAN! That's almost as amazing as PATRICK STEWART AS TEH KEENG OF TAMRIEL!

:roll: Fuck EA-Bioware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom