Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grey Goo - Now wobbling on your Hard Drive

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://greygoo.greybox.com/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-13-rts-veteran-petroglyph-reveals-new-game-grey-goo
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-13-rts-veteran-petroglyph-reveals-new-game-grey-goo

Preview:
http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/grey-goo-preview/

Yes yes yes yes.

Classical base-building RTS including a singleplayer campaign from the ex-C&C and Universe at War creators. It got's Aliens and "Betas" :) in it as well. Let's hope Petroglyph brings some fresh wind into this neglected genre were Blizzard clearly failed with StarTrash II.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Grey_Goo__Screenshot_12.jpg.jpg

Walls and gates! :love:

Definitely interested, although their only game I played was Empire at War, which was delicious. I feared they'd :decline: after that failed kickstarter pitch for something that looked like a moba of sorts, but fortunately that doesn't seem like the case.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
"Underneath its retro sensibilities, however, is a thoroughly modern take on a classic design, one that owes more to MOBAs than to the recent efforts of studios such as Relic or Blizzard."

This is a very questionable sentance. Not sure I want MOBA in my rts. That way lies Dawn of War 2.

Still: a new RTS. YAY!

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
SC2 had walls and gates with the openable/closable depots

But it was a shit game, so can we move on?
Sure, but that makes the "OMG Walls!" comments even more pointless.

Was gonna say the game looks promising but Jaedar's MOBA quote is pretty suspect, yes. Even if not being influenced recent turds by Relic and Blizzard is a good thing... M'fucking mobas? Be influenced by 15 years old RTS's not modern crap.

bert

Arcane
"Underneath its retro sensibilities, however, is a thoroughly modern take on a classic design, one that owes more to MOBAs than to the recent efforts of studios such as Relic or Blizzard."
![/quote]

:dead:

Really wish it was 2D. They won't attract many kids with 3D circa 2005 anyway, and more sophisticated gentlemen know it's inferior to decent 2D in every way. :obviously:

Will still keep an eye on it, though. UaW had potential and looked pretty good (apart from abysmal performance).

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
this actually sounds really good. the details are largely uninteresting as theyre a signature of the game, more important is the potential to strategize. and it seems like petroglyph is really trying to get all sorts of strategies and tactics into the game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
it’s mission

:x

All that really does sound good, particularly how the factions seem to require different mindsets to operate. I also kind of lol'd at the "extend conduits to buildings" concept, this is like building a road in Warcraft or something :thumbsup:

Only 5 missions per faction is depressing, though :( Oh well, here's hoping for multi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom