Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Greatest RPG that never got released?

Klarion

Arcane
what's the most promising canceled/unreleased RPG title?
It has to be something that was started but got canceled. I'd make a poll, but I can't remember but few of them now from top of my head: F3 Van Buren, BG3, Mad Max from Interplay...

Tytus

Arcane
That's simple the game that I was thinking of making but never did because it's hard and requires money.

Last edited:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
From the big guns: Van Buren, Torn, The Black Hound, that unknown MCA's Obsidian game, Arcanum 2

MOTHERFUCKING CHAOS CHRONICLES

Lesser known stuff: Chapters 2&3 of Aethra Chronicles, Broken Hourglass

Mortmal

Arcane
Its true , the real ultima 9 should have been something completely different, there's still some old screenshots around:
ultima-9-beta-pc-edge-41-3.jpg

It should have been something similar to U7, rather than the botched abomination of action rpg it becomes.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Still like to see the Lost Vale, pity it's gone way of Dodo.

Edit: Mind you probably be a bit shit like U8 itsen.

Last edited:
Weasel
Wed to the Dead will be a post apocalyptic turn-based isometric game in the tradition of FALLOUT, X-COM and RESIDENT EVIL.

Imagine FALLOUT meets Richard Matheson's I AM LEGEND meets NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. After passing through the wake of the dark comet Nemesis, the planet has been overrun with the undead spawned by the mysterious xeno virus H-TPX ("Hell's Trumpet") ... and civilization has been annihilated in the resulting chaos.

Former veterinarian/survivalist Theodore Belt journeys through the ruins of a post-apocalyptic world trying to keep his wife's brain alive and avoid the clutches of the hordes of zombies, mutant alien lifeforms and the ruthless survivors of the biological holocaust.

Rake

Arcane
BG3:The Black Hound
Fallout 3
Torn
Troika's PA game

In that order

Deleted member 7219

Anything cancelled by Obsidian.

Non-RPG bonus round:

Space Marine 2
Red Dead Redemption PC version

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom