Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

toroid

Arcane
2fav051.png

:lol:

And now it looks like this:
ULoankT.jpg

edit: Disregard. The user reviews are back now. Dunno what's going on over there. Panic, I guess.

Last edited:

Big No

Novice
Apparently Gunrunning introduced explosive ammo for the Heavy Sniper. The more updates they release the more unbalanced the game becomes.

Modron

Arcane
edit: Disregard. The user reviews are back now. Dunno what's going on over there. Panic, I guess.
Valve just had a momentary outage for around 10 minutes when you happened to glance at the store, so no games had reviews and you couldn't view community crap.

Explorerbc

Arcane
It is still a top seller though :negative:

Steam forums are full of corporate shills defending Take-Two for "protecting its property" from evil hackers.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Fvf1eCL.jpg

In short, Chinese gamers bombed FM2017 reviews and sent death threat to Sports Interactive boss and his family, because the game doesn't have Chinese language support that the developer "promised": http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-31-football-manager-trashed-on-steam-by-angry-chinese-fans

SEGA surrendered, and then actually promised Chinese support. Though it was delivered six months later, the overall review score recovered only about 10 percent. (At least it turned to Mixed from Mostly Negative.)

Moral of this story: It's better than nothing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With this and the Paradox price increasing thing (and the Chinese invasion of Football Manager last year), I guess big publishers really beginning to hate Steam's review system.

Like Paradox, they folded:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009494848

PC Single-Player Mods

Question: Are PC Single-Player Mods Allowed?

Answer: Rockstar Games believes in reasonable fan creativity, and, in particular, wants creators to showcase their passion for our games. After discussions with Take-Two, Take-Two has agreed that it generally will not take legal action against third-party projects involving Rockstar’s PC games that are single-player, non-commercial, and respect the intellectual property (IP) rights of third parties. This does not apply to (i) multiplayer or online services; (ii) tools, files, libraries, or functions that could be used to impact multiplayer or online services, or (iii) use or importation of other IP (including other Rockstar IP) in the project. This is not a license, and it does not constitute endorsement, approval, or authorization of any third-party project. Take-Two reserves the right to object to any third-party project, or to revise, revoke and/or withdraw this statement at any time in their own discretion. This statement does not constitute a waiver of any rights that Take-Two may have with respect to third-party projects.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Huh it looks like review bombing actually works,Take Two/Rockstar,Paradox and I see Sega last year,they all folded in the end

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They say GTA6 will be less brave but it looks like 5th game is getting new treatment.
eer5x9jo4jn71.jpg

The trailer was filled with glitches like NPCs sitting on each other in cars while clipping and every number plate being yellow.

Sentinel

Arcane
Take-Two announced back in November 2021 that GTA5 has sold over 155 million units.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom