Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
iCEnhancer is Coming Soon to GTA V

iCEnhancer is easily the most famous mod available for GTA IV, boosting the visuals for this older title to something which surpassed many the most graphically intensive games that we have ever played.

Even before the launch of GTA V on PC the guys behind the iCEnhancer mod made their intentions clear, stating that they will be making the mod for the game's latest iteration and now they have said that they have started to work on the mod and have already made some small, yet impressive changes to the games visuals.

You can view a these changes in the pictures below.

08053624509l.jpg

08053624998l.jpg

08053624239l.jpg

08053624186l.jpg

08054106581l.jpg

08054106831l.jpg

Here is what the developers behind iCEnhancer had to say on their official Facebook page.

"The first timecycle mod for GTA V
I did that quickly though and blindly but it's already pretty cool for the future.

I removed the DOF weird noise shit during player transition and weapon changing, reduced the fog amount, i hated it, removed the blurry background, changed the sun color to something more neutral, less brown. changed the water, and removed the post effects for each character (as you may know, each character in V has their own post-processing).

Of course we can do more but it's a start and mostly was a test with zzcool to see what we could change using unreleased OpenIV.

GTA V TC has a lot of controls, you can change so much and it's cool, everyone can do their own tastes easily with it. Except to see weird stuff though from some people that I know haha. tongue emoticon

But yeah, might be time I start to play the PC version a little more then.

Thanks."

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/icenhancer_is_coming_soon_to_gta_v/1

Looks good, but hard to say how much better it'll be compared to vanilla without comparison shots.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Is there a higher traffic density mod yet? I think I've got density and variety settings maxed out, but usually car parks and main roads are pretty barren, which makes it a chore to find a ride sometimes.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Is there a higher traffic density mod yet? I think I've got density and variety settings maxed out, but usually car parks and main roads are pretty barren, which makes it a chore to find a ride sometimes.

And also necessary for the true Los Angeles driving experience, where if you time it wrong, you could spend two hours driving just 25 miles (~40km)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
50 missions into the game, 19 left, getting kind of repetitve now.

Angthoron

Arcane

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/more-pedestrians-and-traffic

This mod adds 2x the traffic and up to 3x the pedestrians depending on which file you use. The city feels so much more alive with this mod on!
Thanks for this. I used the 4x vehicles and 4x pedestrians solution and it is a lot better without any noticeable performance loss, except for one moment where I looked at a freeway in the distance. It isn't quite realistic traffic for a big city yet, but at least more stuff is happening, so the environment seems significantly more alive.

I've discovered my passion for dirtbiking up the mountains in first person. It's great Christian fun to run over or perform drive-bys on the woodland critters drinking from streams flowing from the summit.

Drakron

Arcane
You can kill children in PoE

FO2 is notable in this case because removing them for the EU release ended up breaking associated quests.

Rockstar knows what would happen if they made that, the game would be put with a AO and refused distribution on most outlets and dont think "its GTA and so it will sell" because there would be a huge pressure about it, plus why would they do it since they know quite well what players would immediate do? its complex enough to be a serious use of resources that ultimate would only exist so people could go around killing them, it would never no other real purpose.

There is evidence that they did intended to implement it in GTA3 as they were apparently in the beta and also might been in VC, SA and IV, IV apparently have teenagers.

Besides how long your SWJ infested PoE will keep its kill-able children?

Deleted member 7219

Ok, all issues sorted.

The LONNNNNNG load time (5 minutes plus) was due to the shortcut I put in the Rockstar Games\User Music folder. I linked it to my music library which is about 50GB in size. Turns out GTA V was trying to load all that in every time it loaded a game. As soon as I deleted the shortcut and set the auto scan to off, my load time went to under a minute. I didn't count, but I think it was less than 30 seconds. I have the game installed on a Samsung 840 Evo SSD.

My other issue was due to textures not loading properly. Browsing around the internet, people say this is related to user music but I'm not getting the issue any more anyway. I upgraded my GPU from a 750 TI 2GB to a 960 4GB with an overclock. I can run every single setting on max, at 1920x1080, with 2xMSAA, TXAA off, MSAA reflections off and motion blur / DOF off. I've got everything in 'Advanced Settings' off too.

With all the other details on Very High or Ultra (depending on the menu setting, it seems you can put Grass on Ultra but things like Texture Quality can only go to Very High), my FPS was fluctuating between 30 and 45 FPS. After turning Vsync to Half, my FPS locked at a smooth 30.

I've done a few missions and I've done a lot of motorbiking around in the countryside, including in some high tesselation / grassy areas including Mt. Chiliad, and the FPS stays at 30, so I think it is safe to say I've got the game spot on where it needs to be. Maybe in a few years time with a GeForce 1180 or whatever, I'll be able to have the 'Advanced Settings' turned on too.

If anyone cares, my CPU is ancient - a Core 2 Quad 9650 @ 3 Ghz, it isn't an i7. I have 8GB of RAM but it is DDR2 and I don't think the latency is very high.

Conclusions: GTA V doesn't seem to care about RAM or CPU. My RAM and CPU were good for 2008 / 2009 but they are far from top range now. The game might have been ok on my 750TI but not with all the bells and whistles. This game with normal textures, without tesselation and without ambient occlusion looks like shit. Get a nice GPU and you'll be fine.

SoupNazi

It cares about RAM a lot in prolonged gaming sessions. Stuttering starts to appear at 8 GB in a few hours of playing.

Also, if you have the RAM speed at at least 1600 MHz that reduces a lot of problems for some reason. It doesn't improve much beyond that, but below 1600 MHz causes massive FPS dips.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Rockstar files suit against BBC over upcoming drama

Rockstar Games' parent company, Take-Two, is taking legal action against the BBC over the broadcaster's upcoming drama, Game Changer. The 90-minute film, announced in March, focuses on the making of GTA, and the controversy and moral panic that erupted around the series. In a statement to IGN, Rockstar said that it wants to protect its intellectual property, and ensure that trademarks aren't misused.

"Our goal is to ensure that our trademarks are not misused in the BBC's pursuit of an unofficial depiction of purported events related to Rockstar Games," said Rockstar. "We have attempted multiple times to resolve this matter with the BBC without any meaningful resolution. It is our obligation to protect our intellectual property and unfortunately in this case litigation was necessary."

Game Changer is based on the "narrative non-fiction" book Jacked: The Outlaw Story of Grand Theft Auto. The book has been criticised due to author David Kushner's lack of access to key members of the story. The show is planned for broadcast later this year, and stars Daniel Radcliffe as Sam Houser and Bill Paxton as wild-eyed irritant Jack Thompson.

:lol:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I'm having an issue where the game runs smoothly during even crowded scenes and fast driving, but then when I go to the map/settings screen the framerate turns to dogshit and controls become very unresponsive. Anyone experienced this and found a fix?

Astral Rag

Arcane
Which mods are you guys using?

ATM I'm using:

This mod manager does a good job of keeping GTA Online and modded SP files separate, be sure to watch the video tutorial if you're new to GTA modding.
Scripthook V
Enhanced native trainer

FOV mod
FOV files go in your main mod folder if you use the mod manager, I use these settings:
; If you only want to change certain fields of view,
; comment out the others by placing a ; at the start of their lines.
[FirstPerson]
Walking = 68
Car = 59
Aiming = 51
Crouching = 68
ADS = 60

[ThirdPerson]
; Some people have reported issues with changing the third-person FoV,
; so it is disabled by default.
;General = 68

[General]
; If you want to use another mod based on dsound.dll, you can rename it,
; uncomment the line below (remove the ;) and change other_dsound.dll to the name you gave it
;ProxyLibrary = other_dsound.dll
First-Person Glasses and Helmet Visor Tint Remover
Mobile radio I use the LUA version.
Crime and Police Rebalance & Enhancement
Ped converstation
Open all interiors
Working restaurants
Travel to North Yankton
Trucking Missions 1.3

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom