Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yes you can switch it in the settings menu under'controls' I think

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Would give this a try if it wasn't for Social Club.

C'mon bro.

community_image_1428972567.gif

LOL!

That GIF is hilarious! Reminds me quite alot of my life right now :D

Alright bros, let me live vicariously through you till the new screen comes in. Share any interesting stories you've had so far. Experienced any 'Trevor wakes up next to/on/wearing/near the burning wreckage of' moments yet?

Last edited:

cw8

Cipher
Don't seem to be able to use PrintScrn to take screenshots. Retail version, so I can't use steam's capture key either. So I just used Fraps to start taking screenshots.
4t3tdw.jpg

Astral Rag

Arcane
I finally managed to download the game.

I have an i7 920 (I bought this computer in 2008!) with a single 560ti and 6GB of ram and I used these settings:
settings5601upuwp.png

settings5602slupw.png

settings56039tu80.png

I drove around the island and visited some of the busier downtown areas and the framerate rarely dropped below 60 fps which really surprised me.

gta52015-04-1520-35-5fnucm.png

Edit: I played some more and I started noticing framerate drops/ stuttering in some areas so I lowered Shader Quality, Population Density and Distance Scaling to medium.

gta52015-04-1523-28-5mxu9b.png

gta52015-04-1600-02-2q1ul1.png

gta52015-04-1523-18-2o7upt.png

The first-person view is a great new feature, sadly the FoV is currently way too low but apparently someone already found a way to remove the "artificial slider limits"

http://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft...es-first-person-from-artificial-slider-limits

I'm going to play around with the graphic settings some more but the game is definitely well optimized and very much playable on older machines like mine.

Keyboard and mouse controls are fine.

:incline: of R*

Last edited:

I'm going to play around with the graphic settings some more but the game is definitely well optimized and very much playable on older machines like mine.

Sad thing thing I'm not sure GTA IV *now* would give as good a performance with that set up.

Branm

Learned
What a botch job....thank god i leeched this... They never tested the game with any GPU that piggy backs off a integrated card....Launcher will constantly crash....Get this...you have to disable your main GPU in order to even get their friggin launcher to start.

Gerrard

Arcane
What's this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005635&cm_re=UM95-_-24-005-635-_-Product

Well hello baby, where you been all my life? The problem with 4k is having to deal with scaling issues depending on whether you're playing a game, surfing the 'net or working on a project. And the UD590 just didn't have the colors of an IPS panel. This, while not being being true 4k, is close and *is* an IPS panel and huge and without scaling issues. A true win all around. But I'm not paying that price.

Why would you ever get a monitor this big that's not curved, I have a 23 inch and already the difference in angle at the sides is irritating.

Also that video
>running the Heaven Unigine demo
>not the DX11 version
kek

Multi-headed Cow

I have an i7 920 (bought in late 2008!) with a single 560ti and 6GB of ram and I used these settings:
Glad to hear it. I'm running a crusty 1 gig 560ti as well. It's nice that GTA5's actually functional as a PC game.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

I have an i7 920 (I bought this computer in 2008!) with a single 560ti and 6GB of ram and I used these settings:

I drove around the island and visited some of the busier downtown areas and the framerate rarely dropped below 60 fps which really surprised me.

gta52015-04-1520-35-5fnucm.png

The first-person view is a great new feature, sadly the FoV is currently way too low but apparently someone already found a way to remove the "artificial slider limits"

http://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft...es-first-person-from-artificial-slider-limits

Thanks a bunch. I've been trying to find some perspective on how well my PC would be able to run this game with i7 950, 560ti factory OC and 6GB of RAM, nearly identical to your PC.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Gotta say, Rockstar really did great job here. 12 hours in, no issues so far, 60fps is held, looks stunning, I love the atmosphere/sense of place and all the little details.
Not a fan of the nigga homie beginning, but Mike stuff has been great. Franklin is ok too when not interacting with that dumbfuck Lamar.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Edit: I played some more and I started noticing framerate drops/ stuttering in some areas so I lowered Shader Quality, Population Density and Distance Scaling to medium.
Unfortunately that FOV fix only works with the "main" FOV. There are decreases when using vehicles and, oddly enough, reloading weapons. I hope someone finds out how to make it all just the same FOV like the good old days.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Gotta say, Rockstar really did great job here. 12 hours in, no issues so far, 60fps is held, looks stunning, I love the atmosphere/sense of place and all the little details.
Not a fan of the nigga homie beginning, but Mike stuff has been great. Franklin is ok too when not interacting with that dumbfuck Lamar.

I like Franklin, but when he's hanging out with Lamar, the profanity to non-vulgar word choice ratio gets so high that my tender ears feel overwhelmed. D:

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
How are bikes in this GTA?

Bikes as in bicycles or bikes as in motorbikes? The llatter are agile, fast, and fun to drive. The former are kinda rare: I haven't ridden one yet.

I'm really enjoying GTAV. It's GTA in the vein of Vice City and San Andreas, not the boring and conventional GTA4. The missions are really inventive and fun, the gameworld is gorgeous, and the driving is fun! :D

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yes the ghetto speech is hilarious to listen to as a non native speaker. Especially Franklin and Lamars dialogues. 'Your ass' here, 'your ass' there etc :)

Sadly, Franklin stays a pretty one dimensional character throughout the whole game. He is not bad, but a bit on the boring side.

His 'what???' Often uttered is hilarious though

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom