Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why does high texture settings take so much vRAM?

Fuck this gay earth !

What place other than Imgur do you guys upload images to? I did a couple pics but when I uploaded them with Imgur they lost a lot of their crispness.

I'll upload and post the stuff after I get back from errands this afternoon. Cursed bills.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This rockstar downloader is a crime against humanity.

For some reason it goes really quickly just after starting, then slows to a crawl. Seems like the best way to download in a reasonable time is to restart it every 3 minutes.

I tried to set it to download while I was at work, but when I came home it only said "lost connection to server" :(

Lord GabeN save us from this heresy.
:rpgcodex:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Anyone downloading with the Rockstar piece of crap:

Don't bother. It's an awfully written program (if someone really wants the details, I could dig up the post someone made on another board - really shoddy coding overall), just torrent the files from Grand Theft Auto V (2015) + DLC's - FULL UNLOCKED - RETAIL or some such. It is identical to what the downloader would grab, and can even continue from its partial files if you've downloaded some already (just point the torrent dl directly to the game folder).

It's what I did and it worked out perfectly.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
A small autohotkey script to pause and restart the download every 90 seconds seems to have done wonders for my DL speed. Why the fuck is that necessary? Why does it even work?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wtf gta IVs car handling was awful. As if you'd steer a boat through the streets.

Also, you fan freely change the FoV with a slider even on fucking xbone, up to very high amounts. Would be surprised if pc somehow lacks this.

The no car deformation is a bug they introduced with I believe last weeks patch and they are working on a hotfix. There is also some occlusion effect missing on the cars that is related to the same bug.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Holy fuck are the "normal" textures bad. Just bump it up to high, even if you don't have the memory. Better than looking at 8bit textures.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Wtf gta IVs car handling was awful. As if you'd steer a boat through the streets.

Also, you fan freely change the FoV with a slider even on fucking xbone, up to very high amounts. Would be surprised if pc somehow lacks this.

The no car deformation is a bug they introduced with I believe last weeks patch and they are working on a hotfix. There is also some occlusion effect missing on the cars that is related to the same bug.
I did the "turn around 360" test and it seemed to be an 80 degree horizontal FOV at the highest setting on the slider.

IMHO the vehicle handling is alright, and the motorcycles are very responsive.

Ivan

Arcane
Damn this game is a fucking blast. When night dawned and the lights bloomed and the reflections shone on the ground :bravo:

Just got to Lester. Game runs great (there is some stutter during story missions, very uncommon and dialogue doesn't hitch). The only thing I can't get "running" is ultra quality textures.

Also, any way I can take screenies without using the Film mode?

Also, holy shit Michael has no stamina. And the tennis game was pretty damn fun.

Astral Rag

Arcane
God, what a POS that Social Club. At least we don't have to use GFWL anymore.
takingthepf4u20.jpg

:roll:

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
A small autohotkey script to pause and restart the download every 90 seconds seems to have done wonders for my DL speed. Why the fuck is that necessary? Why does it even work?

The way I understood it, the downloader creates 10 or so separate connections to download the files, all connecting to the same server (which is already p. smrt in itself). The slowdown is due to the connections waiting for 4 minutes if the server overloads and cuts them off, on top of which the retarded downloader won't even restart the connections afterwards. That's why you get max speed after pause/resume for a while, new connections that inevitably get cut off again after a while. Oh and the launcher can also corrupt a file and then it keeps loading the same one over and over until you restart the client - it only realises the error at that point and deletes the extra copies, causing your downloaded amount to drop.

Just torrent it.

Muscle cars are real fun to ride with, Buffalo Sabre for example:

zRZVr3n.png

None of that ricer crap, shoot those on sight.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone here playing online and want to hook up? Do some missions? Playing public online is a massacre, hard to get anywhere since everyone wants to kill you :)

Ivan

Arcane
Just tried the only, it's awesome. Go to the point where you're more or less free.

Name's Pimpollo818. Any way to make Kodex Krew?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game has sold over 1 million copies on Steam according to Steamspy.

bonescraper

Is there anyway to save customized cars? I bought a garage with Franklin, but the 2 cars i parked there are gone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom