Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

So, my rig:

-i7 2600k, at 4.5 (a couple years from now I still see this being an amazing part, CPUs just aren't advancing all that quickly)
-Two MSI 970 OC cards in SLI (doubled my frame rate in Far Cry 4 at 4k)
-16 gigs GSkill 1600mhz memory
-ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Motherboard
-120 gb Silicon Power SSD
-The rest is standard with a large drive for storage, dvd/cd burner etc

Settings are as follows

OewVbdd.jpg

B9jVNVh.jpg

bYKd6TW.jpg

Res is 4k

Obviously motion blur and depth of field get turned right the fuck off. Hate that stuff. Pop variety and density at max, as is distance.

Doing the benchmark and intro I'm managing anywhere from 40-52 fps. Pretty obvious I'm going to have to adjust a few things once I'm in the city proper.

bonescraper

Hahaha, just as i expected. The game runs fucking smooth as butter at max settings (very high wherever possible) at my native resolution (1680x1050) with FXAA on (haven't tried MSAA, but it would be an overkill i guess) and all sliders maxed out. For some unknown reason Nvidia TXAA is greyed out though. Constant 60 indoors, never drops below ~50 outside. Fucking ace.
And your specs?
i5 3570K (OC'd to 3,8GHz)
GTX 760 2GB
8GB RAM
running from a SSD

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
So I updated the drivers and got a 10fps gain across the board, now it doesn't run like shit

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
WOW LLULLL DIS GAEM IS NOT TOPMIMZIEDDDD FUG U ROCKSTAARHR

Ow wait.

The game IS actually fucking optimized. Which I told you fagniggers 20 times over... ! Rejoice, brothers :D

GTA motherfucking 5 is here!

GO PLAY

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
6aNBNai.jpg

cptbdW2.jpg

waNJPrT.jpg

Shitty snapmatic shots for now, gotta take proper screens later. P. cool game you guys. :thumbsup:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I also downloaded the AMD beta drivers, and it runs even more smoothly than previously tonight. Really a nice port. It's astonishing how shitty/nonexistent Rockstar's PC advertisement campaign has been, considering this is one of the few ports they've actually pulled off really well.

The game is fun too.

Some screnshos:

2Mn95iK.jpg

YZb3bY6.jpg

YnNDu2g.jpg

nzNrHoS.jpg

1HwbvyM.jpg

eDzi3eh.jpg

16k6ptS.jpg

ef14bbE.jpg

XgHwGPY.jpg

jNOh3G0.jpg

hMuRgfq.jpg

LootmHI.jpg
Check out them tesselatez

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
So are any of you getting the issue where the performance slowly degrades and the game stutters more the longer you play it?

Modron

Arcane
So are any of you getting the issue where the performance slowly degrades and the game stutters more the longer you play it?

You mean a memory leak? When has a major AAA game not launched with a few of those, granted some of these monster rig people might take longer to notice then you on your toaster...

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
That hasn't happened to me so far. I've played it for a few hours. Granted, I usually end up exiting for some reason or another, but it hasn't hurt me in a measurable way.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Also, you can use the context action key to say random crap to people on the streets. As I was playing as Franklin the black character, I interacted with an old Jewish man, and my character said, "And I thought I was a disgrace to society."

Last edited:

bonescraper

Ugh, the car handling is awful, it feels like i'm driving a shoe box. I want my GTA IV driving physics back.

Also, yeah looks like there's a memory leak. The game runs butter smooth for an hour+ but then it starts to stutter.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Does the game control well with KB and mouse?

Also that download speed:

dlepuww.png

and I don't even have a potato internet connection:
ste1hauen.png

rockstargta5installathruqv.jpg

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Grand Theft Downloading V

It's taking forever to download this game. Actually I got it downloaded yesterday, but when I tried to play it the files was corrupted. Re-download at 20kb/h
:rage:

Black

Arcane
Hahaha, just as i expected. The game runs fucking smooth as butter at max settings (very high wherever possible) at my native resolution (1680x1050) with FXAA on (haven't tried MSAA, but it would be an overkill i guess) and all sliders maxed out. For some unknown reason Nvidia TXAA is greyed out though. Constant 60 indoors, never drops below ~50 outside. Fucking ace.
And your specs?
i5 3570K (OC'd to 3,8GHz)
GTX 760 2GB
8GB RAM
running from a SSD
No, I meant YOUR specs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom