Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V FIVE Thread

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Didn't vice city have that too?
Only severing heads. Somehow, cutting limbs where cut(eh) from the game. There is a specific mission where a friend of Tommy get his limb cut in a xplosion, but you can't do that to normal citizens.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Niko: KILLING PEOPLE EES HORRIBLE!
*drives car over walkway, killing fifteen pedestrians*

When did he said that? I'm just after first Dimitry problems. However his mussing about what he did in war were horrible.

However, the psycho black with lot of smokes is memorable. And the radio is kickass. Cabaret is great. And these videos are nicelly capturing liberal ideals, I seen it in parliament every working day.
there is a mission in wish if you trow a dude out of a building he will complain that he breaks his oath to not kill people. However If you kill the same dude with a knife, he will trhow a funny line"u shoudn't play with sharped objects dude".

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well I had impression he didn't want to kill people so soon after his arrival to a new country, and it kinda in oh fuck moment happened.

Whiner

Savant
The "story" in this one felt really unfinished.
Before we had 100 story missions for 1 protagonist,now we have 70 for 3.
The strangers and freaks stories are more fun than the main story,beside the 3 really fun heist missions (yes,you have only 3 real heist missions,and 2 half-heist missions) and 2/3 of the game you are just FBI bitch. I expected to play as 2 big time robbers and 1 psycho helping them,not 3 errand bitches.So the same GТА formula again,but even worse.
And the sandbox was shit for me,because you really can't fight cops after 3 stars for a long time,you can only run forever until you loose them or die.So you get punished for messing around in the sandbox.
The fun cheat codes (important feature in a good sandbox game) are hit and miss -some are even worse than GTA 4( invincibility cheat with timer,no cheat to remove all police stars,ammo cheat only for basic weapons) but you have some fun ones again(moon gravity,explosive bullets).
You can't use cheats on missions.No big problem,but I don't like how they tell you how to play the game.
The humor is like South park,simplistic,but I liked it.
The game is nightmare for Kwans,male and female nudity,but no gore.
You can empty machine gun(the only new fun weapon) into a dead guy face and he will not have even a scratch.
Like a doll made from some alien indestructible plastic. AAA gaming realism and attention to detail,yo.
The game have some fun moments,but pretty forgettable unfortunately.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin
There is a specific mission where a friend of Tommy get his limb cut in a xplosion, but you can't do that to normal citizens.

It's because he was a character in GTA 3, that had lost his limb. Vice City shows how that guy (forgot his name) lost his arm.

http://kotaku.com/grand-theft-auto-online-bug-changing-characters-race-a-1472501199

GTA Online Bug Changing Characters' Race and Gender in Japan
ku-xlarge.jpg

Daniel craig? is that you?

avt-large.png

Maxleresistant
Expand

PS4 -> Xbox One.

avt-large.jpg

MrMiyamoto
Expand

Wow, so it changes your character into a smoker?

avt-large.jpg

truthtellah
Expand

And they're complaining? This is awesome!

avt-large.png

Ricardo
Expand

I've always wanted a game where I could play as Gary Busey.

avt-large.jpg

Menome
Expand

But in Japan, this is a dude to begin with!

avt-large.gif

Aeron Michaelangelo
Expand

Meth: not even once

avt-large.jpg

cityzun
Expand
...7 ...7

Today, Rockstar released the Beach Bum update in Japan for Grand Theft Auto V. It's made players' characters appear... different.P

On 2ch, Japan's largest forum, and Twitter, GTA V owners showed how the update was changing their GTA Online characters' looks. P

White characters are turning black, young characters are turning old, and female characters and turning male (and vice versa). There are many players complaining online in Japan, but it's still somewhat hard to tell how widespread this glitch is, and it looks to be affecting both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 versions. P

Here are some before/after update images:P

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

"White people," he thinks.

avt-large.jpg

Jonn
Expand

ku-xlarge.jpg

Jesse McCartney, is that you?

avt-large.jpg

Ellen J Miller
Expand

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

What the hell, boobs didnt dissapea...oh it's an ugly woma... I mean... my mistake.

avt-large.jpg

Super Arppis
Expand

Whatever happened to Charlie Jane?

avt-large.jpg

Seriously Mike
Expand

Nice moobs, Glenn Danzig.

avt-large.jpg

Alexander J. Luthor
Expand

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

By far the worst spray-tan fiasco I've ever witnessed.

avt-large.png

Cake Tank!
Expand

ku-xlarge.jpg

This needs to be used for this week's 'Shop contest!

avt-large.png

TommyENG
Expand

ku-xlarge.jpg

Hey, it's what's-her-face from Homeland!

avt-large.png

Mike Fahey
Expand

Meth. Not even once.

avt-large.jpg

craigthejollyfatman
Expand

And here are some characters who appear to get the same manly face after the update:P

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Rose Tyler?

avt-large.png

Intric
Expand

Sure Rockstar will get this ironed out. In the meantime, enjoy the buggy faces.P

ku-xlarge.jpg

"Bug", sure.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I got a PS3 as a new bluray player and got this game for it. I played it for about 5 hours and then stopped, extremely bored.

Oh well.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Still no GTA V version for PC??

Well go fuck yourself in the ass with a rusty nail then, Rockstar..

Piece of bitchtrash money grabbin' fags. :)

DeepOcean

Arcane

It is gonna be released with the next gen versions , there are rumours of Microsoft and Sony paying alot of money for Rockstar to delay the pc version that is why it gonna be released with the Xbone and Playshit 4 versions.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

It is gonna be released with the next gen versions , there are rumours of Microsoft and Sony paying alot of money for Rockstar to delay the pc version that is why it gonna be released with the Xbone and Playshit 4 versions.

But the next-gen consoles are already out, why delay any further? Unless the game is actually being substantially reworked to take advantage of better hardware, in which case they should take all the time they need.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The next-gen version thing is still largely based on... well, nothing at all. Just assumptions. It could happen but is nowhere near a sure thing.

PC version will be 6 months after, as it always is. That means March or so.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
So here I am, nearing the end of the game. And I am faced with a dilemma. To do 100% or not doing 100% ?

Checked Gamefaqs on the sidequests I have left to do. It looks like the only ones that are left to be done are absolutely impossible without following a guide, and that is insanely stupid. I'm talking about the letter scraps, the radioactive thing, and the "go under bridges" one. Jesus, who can complete that without a guide? Are there ingame hints about the location of the letters that I have missed ?

'Social Club' shows the locations of Scraps, UFO parts etc. IF you have found at least one. Its also like a list of things to do to get 100%.

At least it's not a shitty walkthrough/guide.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
I played this game for an hour or two on my friends house two days ago.

I think it's fair to say my first impressions of it is not that great. My problems with this game can be summed up like this:

• Too many cutscenes. I said i played 2 hours of this but i only actually played half of it at most.
  • Too many characters. They seem mostly horrible too but to be fair, most of the main characters in the serie sucked to various degree too. Their games are generally saved by funny and whacky side characters you see through the game.
  • Acting in cutscenes were horrible. And filling the game with them really didn't help in this department.
  • Plot seems kinda boring. We stard as relatively succesful people instead of usual out of prison/out of town guy coming back to crime life. Kinda reminds me of Saint's Row plots instead of a GTA plot.
  • Controls felt clunky But i haven't played an action game in a long time so i think i'm a little biased at this.
  • Modern Times. I hate modern times in these series. 70-80-90's were the best for this game. Especially atmosphere wise 90's(San Andreas) were the best.

I will probably wait 2-3 years for it to get cheaper until i finish the game but my first impressions aren't great. Probably not even gonna even buy this game when it becomes really cheap.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
That is the true. The game starts with Trevor. The rest is just a big introduction.
Also, I loved the first heist.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I bought it too recently. Nice game overall, fantastic visuals and lots of stuff to do.
But still I'm not that impressed atm. First of all I'm beyond bored with Rockstars fixation on rehashing the same over the top satire about American culture in every iteration of this series. It's getting old, it's losing its bite. But I like Trevor and Michael (Franklin is boring) so I kinda like the story so far.
I miss interesting, less heavy scripted mechanics like the turf war in San Andreas. The heists seemed cool at first but these are overly scripted too.
The game keeps me on a short leash, so I can't play more than a couple of hours without feeling bored.
I guess I'll play through it but if it keeps that way then I doubt I'll touch it again afterwards. Same old same old, they played it safe and so it feels like nothing but a shiny update of GTA: San Andreas to me (so it's still far better than GTA IV).

edit: Oh and I gave up trying to play with free mode aiming after getting drive-by shot by some armed bikers multiple times after I picked up that briefcase at that tribute scene to "No Country for Old Men" (random event). Console controllers suck ass.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom