Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

buzz

Arcane
0:43
Naruto: you wanna get slapped bitch?

eJEOXCM.gif

The voice acting in San Andreas was motherfucking genius, especially CJ

hope V doesn't fuck up on that front

TheDidact

Literate
Anyone should be skeptical of GTA V's PC release. This is Rockstar after all. They don't have a very good track record with PC releases, and the PC port will likely be sub-par. The fact that they're releasing it for next-gen consoles before PC should be a warning bell. With that said, I didn't care much for the game anyway. Its story mode was so bore-inducing that I quit before it even ended.

buzz

Arcane
Max Payne 3 was pretty solid, though it was released only 2 weeks after the console version so your theory still applies.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
My love of GTA stopped after SA, and has been overtaken by Saint's Row. I won't buy GTA V, unless it's $9.99 or something, and am on pins and needles for Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell.

For some reason, I wanted my GTA games to continue to be fun, while Rockstar wanted the games to be... I don't know what: dreary life sims? Big cities with nothing to do but drive fast?

They showed most of the 'wacky' moments in the trailer, someone expecting a SR romp (even to the relatively conservative level of SR2) is going to be in for a disappointment. It does take itself much less seriously than IV though.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
They showed most of the 'wacky' moments in the trailer, someone expecting a SR romp (even to the relatively conservative level of SR2) is going to be in for a disappointment. It does take itself much less seriously than IV though.
Since the game isn't out, how do you know about the level of 'wackiness'? You some kind of insider? Also, take itself less seriously than IV?! In SR IV:
* You fought a soda can the size of a 40 story building, then had to fly through his mouth with a ship and blast off polyps in his intestines
* You had superpowers and all quests and fights made fun of boss battles and fights
* You became a player in the video game Double Dragon
* You had a gun that you stick up peoples asses, then blast them into space
* I doubt any game made more fun of games themselves than GTA 4, with a close runner up being GTA 4
* Players meeting themselves from the past and from the future (Shaundi), as well as having cringe worthy fan-fiction-writing based alter egos (Knightblade)

Sure, the game got bogged down with the serious things like the romance system, the quest to defeat Zinyak, and the Earth blowing up. Eh, maybe you are right. That series could use a boost of mirth to get them off their high horse. Maybe some in-game silly outfits would take the hot-air out of those starched shirts designing that game.

Since the game isn't out, how do you know about the level of 'wackiness'? You some kind of insider? Also, take itself less seriously than IV?! In SR IV:
* You fought a soda can the size of a 40 story building, then had to fly through his mouth with a ship and blast off polyps in his intestines
* You had superpowers and all quests and fights made fun of boss battles and fights
* You became a player in the video game Double Dragon
* You had a gun that you stick up peoples asses, then blast them into space
* I doubt any game made more fun of games themselves than GTA 4, with a close runner up being GTA 4
* Players meeting themselves from the past and from the future (Shaundi), as well as having cringe worthy fan-fiction-writing based alter egos (Knightblade)

Sure, the game got bogged down with the serious things like the romance system, the quest to defeat Zinyak, and the Earth blowing up. Eh, maybe you are right. That series could use a boost of mirth to get them off their high horse. Maybe some in-game silly outfits would take the hot-air out of those starched shirts designing that game.

You're an awful big smart ass for someone missing the obvious. How do I know the level of wackiness? I played it when it got released the first fucking time. Go track down the previous GTAV thread, it's enormous. Aside from the events leading up to Trevor's Rampage missions, and the odd thing here or there what you see in the trailer is the majority of the game's wacky moments. Hallucinations from drugs make up about a quarter of that.

And GTAV takes itself less seriously than GTAIV. Calling SR2 'conservative' implies the following games in the series aren't. And since we're primarily talking about GTA...Sorry if you couldn't pick up on that, or maybe you inherently like making lists. It's cool, Larry King had the same hobby.

What?

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Since the game isn't out, how do you know about the level of 'wackiness'? You some kind of insider?
the game has been out for a year, dood.
Also, take itself less seriously than IV?! In SR IV:
it takes itself less seriously than gta4, though its actual composition overall is inferior to sr2's, imo... also, there are different flavors of humor. sr4 is pure slapstick, sr2 and gta are essentially action flicks with some black comedy, though gta 5 is pretty subtle in that regard, unlike sr2.
Sure, the game got bogged down with the serious things like the romance system
right. the bioware double-joke in the form of "press button to instantly romance crew" sure bogged sr4 down....

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
They showed most of the 'wacky' moments in the trailer to GTA V, someone expecting a SR romp in GTA V (even to the relatively conservative level of SR2) is going to be in for a disappointment. It does take itself much less seriously than (I don't know Saint's Row or GTA) IV though.
You do realize someone reading your post as a follow up to mine, may make a mistake and not know what you are talking about, right? Above is what I believe to be a clarified version of your post based on your response. However, read in the context of your post before mine, I read:
They showed most of the 'wacky' moments in the trailer to SRIV: Gat out of Hell, someone expecting a SR romp in Gat out of HEll (even to the relatively conservative level of SR2) is going to be in for a disappointment. It does take itself much less seriously than Saint's Row IV though.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well man, it's like, that latter option is really very unlikely, so contextually the brain might pick the former to be the case.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
:oops:
no, wait, actually
They showed most of the 'wacky' moments in the trailer to GTA V, someone expecting a SR romp in GTA V (even to the relatively conservative level of SR2) is going to be in for a disappointment. It does take itself much less seriously than (I don't know Saint's Row or GTA) IV though.
You do realize someone reading your post as a follow up to mine, may make a mistake and not know what you are talking about, right? Above is what I believe to be a clarified version of your post based on your response. However, read in the context of your post before mine, I read:
They showed most of the 'wacky' moments in the trailer to SRIV: Gat out of Hell, someone expecting a SR romp in Gat out of HEll (even to the relatively conservative level of SR2) is going to be in for a disappointment. It does take itself much less seriously than Saint's Row IV though.
that makes zero sense and in his response he is clearly talking about gta5.

If I want to respond to someone, I'll typically quote them. Gat out of Hell involves the Boss getting kidnapped to marry the Devil's daughter; I'm not even going to begin to guess how strange things will get.

I'm more interested in Rockstar trying to portray GTAV as something it really isn't.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
If I want to respond to someone, I'll typically quote them. Gat out of Hell involves the Boss getting kidnapped to marry the Devil's daughter; I'm not even going to begin to guess how strange things will get.

I'm more interested in Rockstar trying to portray GTAV as something it really isn't.
On that, I agree.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am kinda glad that it comes out for consoles first.

I will just buy a PS4 copy in November, and a PC copy next year.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd be almost willing to bet that this will run poorly even on high-end systems, it's Rockstar after all.

Probably.

And after some long thinking I'm pretty sure my new PC is going to be a moderately powered gaming laptop, so I'll be surprised if I can play the fucking thing at all.

Disgruntled

Savant
Will it come with any bloatware?

My GTA IV copy came with some social club app and GFWL. Also had to get a quad core before it was playable.
Gave up on the 3rd time I had to type in my username just to play.

I might get V on sale or from a friend if all that crap is removed.

Would explain the working speedometer and better looking interior in one of the recent trailers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom