Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sleeping Dogs was damn good too. Better than GTA4.
Man, Sleeping Dogs started :yeah: with the whole Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan action and ended :negative: and breaking my heart by uninspired shooting galleries after shooting galleries, the story never gone somewhere too but at least it tried, what I can't say about GTA IV.
I don't know what game did you play but Sleeping Dogs had barely any shooting. Especially not "uninspired shooting galleries after shooting galleries,". It had maybe 30 minutes of shooting, and even then it was optional. It was Kung fu all the way.
Wot?30 min of shooting? I replayed the game recently to the end after abandoning it early on a previous playthrough and there was shooting and more shooting on a hospital, shooting and more shooting on a cemetery, shooting and more shooting on a skyscrapper under construction, shooting and more shooting on a warehouse, shooting and more shooting on a wedding, shooting and more shooting on a club, shooting and more shooting on some port chasing some gangster that did the shooting on the wedding and there was shooting and more shooting on a restaurant leading to the final "fight". There was tons of shooting after the warehouse level, more than enough to make me annoyed. I won't even count the chases and some optional content.

The variety of enemies on shooting sections was non-existant and as I mentioned, the shooting happened on a bunch of different places but the shooting itself with you only carrying one weapon, the enemies don't having grenades, the level design linear and enemies mostly behaving predictably made it very unsinspired. The slow time mechanic was somewhat fun but didn't overcome the by the numbers shooting. The parts where you did some punching gone from 100% at the start to very rare as the game story line missions progressed.
This is the wedding mission:
The shooting segments last from the 4 minute mark until the 8 minutes. And usually the shooting segments are just that, a few minutes long. If you add up the the shooting time on the levels you listed, you get n no more than 30-40 minutes. I agree that the shooting was shit, maybe that's why you remember it being longer than it was actually.

DeepOcean

Arcane
This is the wedding mission:
The shooting segments last from the 4 minute mark until the 8 minutes. And usually the shooting segments are just that, a few minutes long. If you add up the the shooting time on the levels you listed, you get n no more than 30-40 minutes. I agree that the shooting was shit, maybe that's why you remember it being longer than it was actually.

After a bunch of cutscenes, you hit five enemies on some corridor then five more enemies bellow, this takes 2 mins then you grab a gun and go all the way through shooting dudes. The question is that most of the gameplay is banal shooting and interesting punching is just a very small part of the later missions.

The video you showed up is how some of the late missions play out, cutscenes, one minute or two of very, very easy punching, tons of banal shooting on car or foot and more cutscenes, some don't even let you do punching and are straight banal shooting from start to finish and the very few that don't follow that template are chases, repetitive, braindead mini games. Man, you are doing melee fights by the ending game that are exactly the same as when you started, there is no progression on this game. Now:

I wished the game remained that way and just added more enemy types or whatever and had progressed without shooting.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, you are doing melee fights by the ending game that are exactly the same as when you started, there is no progression on this game.
Maybe you played that way. I fully utilised the dozen or so new moves I could learn and fighted in a varied way.

JyNJm11.jpg
Not sure if real....or Photoshop.

(11 more can be found in this link) http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-pc-screenshots-show-los-santos-at-its-best/

Bt56SzW8RZKc.jpg

f6u5_5p1RLOl.jpg

BmrmbyPDTvGy.jpg

8W12tncWTuaT.jpg

rzfNsa6URM-z.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm agreeing that Sleeping Dogs got WAY too shooty in the second half that the novel martial arts combat (which wasn't that well implemented, but at least original) was ignored 90% of the time.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/30/why-i-love-and-hate-gta-v/#more-279119

Here, some SJW'ism for you guys to rage about.

The amount of times black characters written by other white men like me say the ‘N’ word

“You the one all pumped up on doing this lick, nigga. I’m getting my money in the hood. I’m straight, fool.”

Did the game’s credited writers actually come up with this line? The Rockstar creative team is an overwhelmingly white group led by Dan Houser, an English man in his 40s. The problem this gives me is that instead of playing the game I can’t stop thinking about the process. When writing the script, did they type out all the times the characters say the ‘N’ word and own it, forthrightly? Or did they feed a nude line with no vernacular to the actors with a look of earnest encouragement. “Just say what you normally say because, you know, we can’t – that would be grotesque appropriation – but it’s OK for us to record you doing it and put it in our game, probably.”

Guess David Simon had no right to write "The Wire" scripts either.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Rockstar should have hired DJ Pooh again to script doctor. :smug:

What, no 1440p or 4k viewing options? LinusTechTips has both, for crying out loud! Sell it to me that you spent this time well Rockstar.

1080p at 60? Might as well be on the consoles....oh wait.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
What a mediocre looking game. Thought it was supposed to look amazing since so many people claim it does. Don't want to know how horrible it looks on consoles..

Hopefully it at least runs at an almost steady 60FPS, but considering they can't even show off proper gameplay 2 weeks before release, chances are it won't.

Disgruntled

Savant
Ive got a gpu that is no faster than an xbone or ps4. For once in my life I wouldnt mind another 2 month delay, hell maybe it'll be on sale by then.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is the RDR PC-port even confirmed? All I read are rumors... so? Scour the internet!

I just bought a core i7 4790k, though.. so.. ya I'm kinda set on the CPU front and i got a gtx 760.. meh.. :D

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I should not buy this, but first person driving from cops looks freaking fun. Like the old Need for speed games for playstation :)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
haha was it not on playstation? I could remember wrong. I have only owned 3 consoles in my life. Nintenda 8 bit, Sega 16 bit and Playstation 1. Was it Sega?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fuck consoles.

NFS was played ONLY on PC, you faggit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom