Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

:negative: God damn you Rockstar. Just....damn you.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Everything's coming up Feargus. :cool:

Rockstar not wanting to repeat GTA4 is also a good thing.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It will be pretty funny if it still ends up being a bugfest and in need of several patches before it's stable.
I wanted to post this. Chances are 99% that it will still be horribly unoptimised, buggy and prone to crashing, even if they delay it until 2017. Just like GTA 4 "PC" was.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
These frequent delays don't speak well for their planning ability, which means the finished game will probably be a mess no matter what. :(

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I was really, really hyped for this game when I saw the trailer... back in 2011.

Nowadays, Rockstar is seemingly doing everything they can to fuck with me. Every time I remember the existance of this game and the fact that it's only about a month away, they push it further and futher into the future. Is Cleve in charge of the PC port? :D

And as Multidirectional said...

It will be pretty funny if it still ends up being a bugfest and in need of several patches before it's stable.
I have zero faith in Rockstar's abilities to make a good PC port. It's gonna end up a mess, a comedy strengthened even more by the many delays. The video at the top of this page is a perfect depiction of Rockstar's "hard" work on the PC version.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Some gentleman posted that masterpiece on the Steam GTA 5 forum, thread was deleted almost instantly.

:butthurt:

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
New PC screens

2818788-gtav+pc+9.jpg

gtav02272015_1.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V-61.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Those first two screens looks like they're missing the post-processing effects that hide the bad parts. Meanwhile, the third is drowning in it.

What these screens are lacking is antialiasing, can't imagine why they would choose to post them like that. I assume this time game has actual AA support.

Astral Rag

Arcane
No AA, abysmal performance,... another total clusterfuck à la GTA 4 would be kind of amazing after all these absurd delays.

There is no way I'm giving R* more than 20€ 5€ for this game.

It's hard to believe there are morans out there who still haven't cancelled their GTA 5 pre-orders.

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
4 also have bunch of different drm, right? I wonder how it will look with 5.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What these screens are lacking is antialiasing, can't imagine why they would choose to post them like that. I assume this time game has actual AA support.
..?

I know what no-AA looks like, and that isn't it. It'd be far more jagged.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Could not possibly care less about GTA5 on PC. Already played it on PS4 and didn't like it even as much as Watch Dogs. Got to be the most overrated game ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom