Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wolfenstein: The New Order was 50 GB and didn't exactly come with "proper textures".

As for the release delay...why do I get the feeling that it has more to do with sales figures than anything else? That the game is still so well on the consoles, and they want to squeeze that market *just* a little longer.
Only 44GB, stop the liez.

Bioshit: Infinite is also 36GB with expansions I have noticed. I guess they can't fit all those AWESUME cinematic emotional experiences into sane sizes anymore.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Only 44GB, stop the liez.
But, but this means we will not have these awesome textures, and they also are worse than Japanese.

The longer they delay it the less PC sales they'll end up getting because people who really want to play the game will do so on a console. I'm pissed off because I don't want to have to wait 1 year, 6 months and 7 days for the proper version of the game to release.
That's actually quite sensible behavior. They would get money in first three months, and then some additional from PC sales. And they could not give a damn about massive piracy, because they earned theirs jew gold already, PC sales are only a nice bonus.
Perhaps some players would pay even twice. See? It's not a problem for Rockstar.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Some PC screens

01-next-gen.jpg

pctree_full.jpg

trevor-scre-gta5.jpg

pcmichael_full.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I wonder what was their reasoning by making it on ps3 first....... probably sales only.

Much, much larger install base, and people too impatient to wait for the inevitable Next-Gen and PC announcement (guilty as charged).

Then swooping down with the enhanced version for Next-Gen, while delaying the PC version 'cause reasons' to milk any last second opportunity.

Then comes the shat out afterbirth for us lowly PC chuckleheads.

toroid

Arcane
Speaking of the ps3 version, I tried to play online mode for a few minutes last night and was quickly reminded how shitty it is and how inadequate Rockstar tends to be. As I was spawning into online I could hear tens to hundreds of explosions coming from all over the map. The instant I appeared in my apartment I was killed and thrown outside the apartment. (Please keep in mind that you're supposedly safe inside your apartment.) Then every time I respawned afterwards I was instantly killed, and my ragdoll was thrown high into the air. The cycle happened so rapidly that I was unable to get into any menus and be placed into another server. This bullshit went on for fifteen minutes before I NOPE'd and quit. Of course I lost all the cash I had on my character. You should have heard voice chat though.. Death threats can be funny sometimes.

If this can happen on the fucking console version then PC online is doomed. Fuck you Rockstar.

edit:
Oh yeah, soon after I was spawned and subsequently instantly killed I received a message that my personal vehicle had been destroyed - it was in my goddamned garage. I think I can safely assume that the other 6 or 7 cars in my garage were destroyed as well. Really disappointing.

Last edited:
I'm a bit worried about GTA5 PC multiplayer as well. Two of their previous games, GTAIV and Max Payne 3 I find to be extremely fun multiplayer experiences when they work, but both are really prone to bugging out, especially MP3 (Rockstar Social Club is an utter shite that makes GFWL look good in comparison, no kidding). I think I'll just "demo" it for single player at first and wait for reports on MP. GTAIV also suffers from hacker douchebags who occasionally fuck up entire match for everyone in various ways. This was yesterday in Team Mafiya Work match:
BB0C54F924848069D86BBA0627522D5CB944875E

Last edited:

toroid

Arcane
The griefing in GTA 5 multiplayer is totally off the charts. Nobody wants to use the competitive gunplay-centric events that are placed literally all over the map. Instead the majority of people just want to chase you down and kill you while you're on a mission or upgrading your car. They don't even loot you. The game is utterly infested with 10 year olds that just want to ram their car into yours and shoot you through your windshield. They will kill you then shoot out all of your tires and nearly destroy your car just to cost you as much time and money as is possible without breaking the rules. Just to be assholes. It's really not fun at all unless you have a close group you can play with privately. There are way too many idiots and children in online gaming these days.

It will be pretty funny if it still ends up being a bugfest and in need of several patches before it's stable.

GrainWetski

Arcane
What a horrible company. They must be incredibly incompetent if they actually need all these delays and aren't just doing it for shits and giggles.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Developer documentary. I like those. Great insight into the process of making a game

:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom