Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Martius

Liturgist
I dont think its that surprising. There are already some game which required around 50 GB of free space. These numbers will probably go way up in future.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
I had the 27th marked on my fucking calendar. March? That's when I was planning on killing myself. Ah well, that's gotta wait.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
filesizes are artificially inflated as a way to impose a sort of soft DRM on countries with worse internet speeds and higher piracy rates - your average Russian is going to look at a 65GB download and shrug in defeat

Martius

Liturgist
GTA V is a 2013 game. There's a lot of content, but what could possibly warrant five times more disk space than your average 2014 AAA title?
I have no idea. I think on ps4 it takes around 50 gb. I also think its stupid, specially since I have pretty slow connection. Some rumours mentioned that retail version will have 7 dvds, just like in old times!

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
filesizes are artificially inflated as a way to impose a sort of soft DRM on countries with worse internet speeds and higher piracy rates - your average Russian is going to look at a 65GB download and shrug in defeat
Nearly every russian town has its own LAN DC-hub. You can have no internet and still download every recent soft, movie or game with the speed of the light.
:russia:

dunno lah

Arcane
I have no idea. I think on ps4 it takes around 50 gb. I also think its stupid, specially since I have pretty slow connection. Some rumours mentioned that retail version will have 7 dvds, just like in old times!

Dayumm...I know GTA5 for the PS3 is only about 17GB in size. Why the hell does the PS4 GTA5 take up 50GB?

bonescraper

They will be when SSD price/size relation comes down from about ten times higher than the equivalent HDD. Have fun allocating over 1/4 of your standard 256 SSD to GTA V alone. Normal people will chill with their cheap and reliable 4TB HDDs.
I own a 500 GB SSD and it's big enough for all my gaming needs.
Funny cause it's actually the opposite. Eastern Europe has better internetz.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Who cares if it's 65gb? It's not like storage space is expensive.

BG II was huge as hell too, didn't care back then either.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
65GB?

Sheeeeet.
Hooray. Finally proper textures.

Also they should keep it without any copy protection including steam, or at least make it legal to torrent it on private trackers. Think about all these poor pirates that are trying to maintain proper UL/DL ratio.

But at least they can't accuse anyone that west games are much worse than Japanese games. It beaten up FF XIII, it's much bigger. (62,282,344,936 bytes) Well only 7 GB, and FF XIII-2 is (30,062,906,833 bytes) but it's thought that counts.

Does this include uncompressed audio files and cut scenes in every single language or what? If thats the case there might be a nice repack yarr har fiddle di dee version with all that extra bullshit cut out. Oh and there it this at the bottom of the page as well "internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification". Tell me rpgcodex have you checked your privilege verified your entitlement today? All in all it would seem pirates win again, and get a better release than paying customers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No doubt there will be a remastered version released two years later.

Come home five minutes ago and see an article online talking about the first 4k screenshots of it. Awesome. Wait, what does this say?

"Along with the unfortunate delay and system specs, Rockstar also released-"

What?

March 24

MOTHERFUCKER!!!

wlenmcvdwcbjstlkq9bv.gif

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
All in all it would seem pirates win again, and get a better release than paying customers.
Why should people with a brain be punished because they have no money?

You smart, you pirate.
You breeder, you pay then download.
You are smart, but have money and want to use them for paying for game, you pay, then pirate. Best of both worlds.

Meanwhile I seen SC2 stream through aero. 3000:1 contrast monitor is better than cheap Plasma. I tried GTA IV on 27'' and I had a rush from high speed. I should try to create game mode to try if it can create some on monitor soft AA, it can sharpen, and it can do the other way as well. No ghosting 180 degree viewing angles. Perfect for Anime and GTA V.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Morgoth said:
65GB?

Sheeeeet.

Hooray. Finally proper textures.

Wolfenstein: The New Order was 50 GB and didn't exactly come with "proper textures".

As for the release delay...why do I get the feeling that it has more to do with sales figures than anything else? That the game is still so well on the consoles, and they want to squeeze that market *just* a little longer.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
Wolfenstein: The New Order was 50 GB and didn't exactly come with "proper textures".

As for the release delay...why do I get the feeling that it has more to do with sales figures than anything else? That the game is still so well on the consoles, and they want to squeeze that market *just* a little longer.
The longer they delay it the less PC sales they'll end up getting because people who really want to play the game will do so on a console. I'm pissed off because I don't want to have to wait 1 year, 6 months and 7 days for the proper version of the game to release. Rockstar, I've already bought your game once and I plan on buying it again but I refuse to buy a PS4/Xbone for an upgraded version of the game (Which still runs at 30fps)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom