Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Gothic turns 15 years

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
also, just chiming in to mention how much it enrages me that r1sen added all that mediterranean pirate bullshit to pb games! :x

w7pJAE.jpg

kangaroodev

Educated
I don't know about you guys but I really liked the pirate/bandit island in gothic 2, really cool landscapes in there, and the places are just very comfy

I can't wait to play Risen, just gotta finish Gothic 3 first.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
So I mentioned a while ago how I was going to give these games a proper playthrough. I put up with The Witcher and I'm having a blast now, all after I despised the controls in the Prologue, so I suppose the same will happen to Gothic 1.

The general consensus is that I should play:

- Gothic
- Gothic II
- Gothic 3 (just for the sake of completing the trilogy)
- Risen 1 (and no other Risen games)

Right?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't afford them. Besides, you're a potato, just steal someone's car or something.

janior

Arcane
Patron

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Risen (1) is okish. Many people shat on release on the ending dungeon rush and the boss, but frankly it's not much different from G1 and G2. In fact, G1 boss is a even shittier pattern game imo.

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
I love how some people all true Codex grogs in this thread are saltier than the damn in-game pirates themselves. How DARE they put flintlocks and tricorn hats into a SWORD & SPELLSINGING game, that's unheard of! Oh, hang on... back in 1980? Laser guns!?

Joke aside, criticise the game mechanics or the adventure design all you wish, but OMG IT'S NOT MADIVEAL IT SUCKS is just pathetic.

Murk

Arcane
Risen 1 is dope. Go G1->G2->R1, then return to G3 if you want a hiking and/or deer hunting simulator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom