Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic I/II mods

Comfy pirate camp at dusk.

Never 5get.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jerk-and-derp was okay but it got a little tedious after awhile. And, as I mentioned, the transition is a bit jarring.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What shitty fucking controls. Just moving the camera makes me want to repeatedly punch Metro in the face.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What shitty fucking controls. Just moving the camera makes me want to repeatedly punch Metro in the face.
If it takes you more than five minutes to get acclimated to the controls then you might be missing your frontal lobe.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
If it takes you more than five minutes to get acclimated to the controls then you might be missing your frontal lobe.

If you're not instantly acclimated to the controls for a game this simple then the controls are shit. Play jedi outcast/academy to see what good 3rd person controls feel like you zero taste shitslurper.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Just give it a rest and go back to your XB1. Honestly, calling a game like Gothic 2 shit is like calling Gold Box games shit. You're trying way too hard, edgelord.

Tigranes

Arcane
If you were in a theatre with shitty seats and no popcorn and they were showing the Godfather, would you go to that other theatre with plush seats and free drinks where they're showing the Pokemon movie?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
If you were in a theatre with shitty seats and no popcorn and they were showing the Godfather, would you go to that other theatre with plush seats and free drinks where they're showing the Pokemon movie?

I wouldn't go to either. And a better comparison would be between watching the godfather from the front row while some guy is fucking you in the ass vs watching pokemon from middle center electric massage seats while being serviced blowjobs and steak/fine wine by cute blondes with big boobs.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Just give it a rest and go back to your XB1. Honestly, calling a game like Gothic 2 shit is like calling Gold Box games shit. You're trying way too hard, edgelord.

I called the controls shit. It may be the best game in the world otherwise but controls are a make or break thing. Anyway I paid 2 bucks so I won't stop playing again but fuck are the controls shit. Punch yourself in the face for me.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If I punched you in the face your inability to figure out simple controls would be the least of your worries -- you'd be using one of those sippy/blowy interfaces from here on out.

Doktor Best

Arcane

I called the controls shit. It may be the best game in the world otherwise but controls are a make or break thing. Anyway I paid 2 bucks so I won't stop playing again but fuck are the controls shit. Punch yourself in the face for me.

Did you install

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1340357-Release-Gothic-½-—-SystemPack-(ENG-DEU)

IIRC it also improves the controls. I replayed gothic2 last year and with this pack i didnt feel any difference in controls towards Risen1. Another tip would be to speed up the camera via .ini

Also i think youre exaggerating. Even if vanilla Gothic2 has this phase to get accustomed to the controls, after that the controls are very suitable.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
If I punched you in the face your inability to figure out simple controls would be the least of your worries -- you'd be using one of those sippy/blowy interfaces from here on out.

If you punched me in the face you'd bleed to death after my manly beard shaves off half your arm like a cheese grater.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard

Did you install

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1340357-Release-Gothic-½-—-SystemPack-(ENG-DEU)

IIRC it also improves the controls. I replayed gothic2 last year and with this pack i didnt feel any difference in controls towards Risen1. Another tip would be to speed up the camera via .ini

Also i think youre exaggerating. Even if vanilla Gothic2 has this phase to get accustomed to the controls, after that the controls are very suitable.

Yes, I installed that. My problem with the controls is that:

a) The camera is the shit kind with acceleration and momentum (instead of just following the mouse precisely), presumably because some retard thought it adds "realism" if it swings around like a hammer. It also got stuck in the last room in that first bandit cave so I had to guess where the exact exit was.
b) Movement is unresponsive

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-2-enhanced-edition/downloads/gothic-ii-requiem-public-beta

Gothic 2 - Requiem open public beta is up.
Previously known as "Enhanced Edition"
Gothic 2 - Requiem features a whole new weapon skill system, new forging system, new quests, new characters, new textures, new weapons and armor, improved AI, new & tweaked monsters and much much more!
Now you can run and combat is not that wooden. If you want - you can play it just like Twitcher or Dork Suls.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Dunno. Whatever tickles them.
Maybe they don't know how to play in the game with more freedom of movement and possibilities? That's might be answer why people don't play old games, even when they did that years back.
I don't mean cold shower like putting Twitchers behind the desk to play Die by the Sword but...

Some people like to play shit like FO4 or SkyRimJob.
Some people love putting modern weapons and uniforms in Fallout: New Vegas.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On a side note, this mod apparently has dual-wielding.

Already I get the :popamole: vibe.

So, about a week ago the German VA for the mod Dunkle Geheimnisse or Mroczne Tajemnice came out. Have any of you tried this thing? They claim it adds about a hundred hours' worth of new content to vanilla Gothic 1. A cyclopean monster of a mod if true.
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_526.htm
It supposedly features something akin to the LP changes of NotR, which might make things interesting ... I'm just hoping they haven't gone overboard like many modders do.
Will take a look as soon as this shit WoD download allows.

Edit: huh, looks like it was released in English ages ago.

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, about a week ago the German VA for the mod Dunkle Geheimnisse or Mroczne Tajemnice came out. Have any of you tried this thing? They claim it adds about a hundred hours' worth of new content to vanilla Gothic 1. A cyclopean monster of a mod if true.
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_526.htm
It supposedly features something akin to the LP changes of NotR, which might make things interesting ... I'm just hoping they haven't gone overboard like many modders do.
Will take a look as soon as this shit WoD download allows.

I'm potato and played potato version of it - goal of this mod is that to make expansion for G1 like Night of the Raven was part of G2. Did they succeed? Well... both - yes and no. On it's own some of plot elements don't connect to any part of Gothic, but those are soild things, solid quests and characters, AMAFUCKINGZING amount of new content, including arena fighting and betting, replaced smithing system and so on. Play it.

Ok, so there's no voice acting, only text-to-speech. I was in such a hurry to download it that I barely checked the release thread. :oops:

In any case, I didn't get very far in the mod on my first try. Got chased off by some pissed off guards, then ran straight into a mad digger who stabbed me in the stomach with a pickaxe. :lol:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I see there is some news in Dark Mysteries translation. ENG is still 1.06, while recent one is 2.02?

One thing about Dark Mysteries - you need to play it with guide. Some things might be blocked, locked or vanish.
Oh, and mod creators of DM get nice butthurt when you point this issue.

BTW. I heard that Returning 2.0 is actually ready. Translation on the other hand...take some time.
And it's worth it - 37 locations!

Murk

Arcane
The Requiem beta's download link was taken down from moddb.

Was figuring it may be worth fucking around with, but guess not.

edit: they're back, guess i'll give it a swing

edit 2: the installation .txt has links to 4 files you have to install before the mod (which then has a patch) and some of those links are dead

yeah fuck this

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I tried to run it on my potato version, somehow run but with no sounds. Even grab fishy version from the seven seas and did not even installed. Whatever.
And it was taken down but return with "demo" label.

And yes, too much hassle for tests. I'll wait for full version.
Would really watch videos from it but nobody recorder anything yet, only 1-2year and more old stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom