Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 5 is coming?!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I disagree with that. Risen 3 and its islands were actually pretty open ended, and you could move and navigate the map using the parrot flight scroll basically where your heart desired.

Yes, especially through all the invisible walls like the broken bridge on the volcano island :lol:

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
True, that pissed me off, but that aside from that there wasn't that much invisible walling.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
there are invisible walls in any place related in any way to the plot

i remember another one in the mage city

apart from that of course there isnt much invisible walling because the maps are fucking terrible and railroaded

ADL

Prophet
I hope this isn't true. ELEX is such an interesting IP I hope they stick with it for the planned sequels because I think they're really onto something.

Maybe a decade or so from now it'd be interesting what a future Gothic game would look like as a passion project but ELEX has a lot of opportunity for them and I'd like them to succeed. I just see it being much less likely to happen if they're doing another medieval fantasy game. ELEX is unmistakably theirs and there's nothing else really like it.

Deleted Member 16721

I'd gladly, gladly take Gothic 5. ELEX is excellent but I wouldn't mind them putting that on hold while they craft Gothic 5. Another medieval/swords & sorcery RPG from them would be amazing, and it's a perfect time to delve into a world like that again. As long as they keep most of the old Gothic formula (ELEX has most of it, missing a few bits here and there), and even add or revert to some of the old Gothic formula they haven't used in awhile, then Gothic 5 will be a true masterpiece, another one from one of the best developers going for action CRPGs. :brodex:

Skdursh

Savant
Gothic 1 is one of my most beloved games. It caught lightning in a bottle. I can't be bothered to care for a Gothic 5, seeing how everything after 2 was garbage...
Nah, you're wrong. Gothic 3 was good after some patches and fan fixes, Risen was great, Risen 2 and 3 are better than people give them credit for and ELEX was GOTY.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
You had me until "It was Oblivion without the good questlines."

You could argue that Oblivion has one single good questline. That's it.

But yes, Gothic 3 even with community patches is still severely lacking.

Oblivion had only 1 good questline, the Dark Brotherhood. Everything else in that game was nothing special, and to be honest, even Dark Brotherhood wasn't really that special, but most nerds were like 10 year old at that time and were impressed so they don't stop fangirling about it.

But yeah, Gothic 3 managed to be even worse shit than Oblivion, and that is an achievement.

Skdursh

Savant
You had me until "It was Oblivion without the good questlines."

You could argue that Oblivion has one single good questline. That's it.

But yes, Gothic 3 even with community patches is still severely lacking.

Oblivion had only 1 good questline, the Dark Brotherhood. Everything else in that game was nothing special, and to be honest, even Dark Brotherhood wasn't really that special, but most nerds were like 10 year old at that time and were impressed so they don't stop fangirling about it.

But yeah, Gothic 3 managed to be even worse shit than Oblivion, and that is an achievement.
Nah, you're just retarded and have shit taste. Gothic 3 is definitely better than Oblivion. Maybe you're just severely confused and think that "Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods" is the same thing as Gothic 3, but it's not. Forsaken Gods is complete fucking ass-slop, but Gothic 3 itself is a good game.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
No Gothic 3 is still shit. The combat is hilariously broken, the story is absolute garbage, the world is totally empty with zero detail and nothing but pretty views and the quests are MMORPG tier.
At least the music was good, albeit a bit too "epic" for my taste. I would have much preferred something more reserved like Gothic 2.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
No Gothic 3 is still shit. The combat is hilariously broken, the story is absolute garbage, the world is totally empty with zero detail and nothing but pretty views and the quests are MMORPG tier.
At least the music was good, albeit a bit too "epic" for my taste. I would have much preferred something more reserved like Gothic 2.

I find it amazing that people exist in the world who could endure the slog that was Gothic 3. They are gluttons for punishment...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why do you have such a shitty taste for games?

Vityaz

Augur
I could barely play Gothic 3 back then on my budget potato computer in 2006. Is it worth revisiting if I loved the first two?

Also what's that shit about Nameless One becoming a villain in Arcania??

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I could barely even play Gothic 3 back on my budget potato computer in 2006. Is it worth revisiting if I loved the first two?

Eh, just do it for the shits and giggles. 12 years later, I think it might be kinda interesting to see what went wrong back then. That is, if you never played it.

Also what's that shit about Nameless One becoming a villain in Arcania??

Facts.

Vityaz

Augur
Shit, I realized I called him Nameless One instead of Hero. Ah well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom