Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Gothic 3 no-so-GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Gothic III

The <A href="http://www.gothic3.com">official Gothic 3 site</a> has a new news item that apparently the gold master build was a little flakey, so they went back to work on it. Here's the details:
<br>
<blockquote>On September 12th we have shipped a Goldmaster version of Gothic 3 for replication. However, due to several problems that got known only afterwards no production has taken place, instead we decided to create another, new goldmaster.
<br>
<br>
This new master is currently (Sep 21st) still being worked on!
<br>
<br>
Therefore, no one has had any access to the version that will start selling on October 13th in various European territories.
<br>
<br>
No testing (by external persons) of this version can have been done. All test results that have been published up to now are based on the scrapped goldmaster or in many cases on even older preview versions.</blockquote>
<br>
Damn. I guess if you guys are going to play with realistic arrow flight, you'll have to go buy a real bow for now.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Krokar

Scholar
Oh no :( Well i just hope they will fix this shit.

Im kinda confused about relese date now. Is it still october 13th or did they set some new date?

tetsuo

Scholar
Doesnt look to good for Gothic 3 at the moment. Apearently Jowood tryes to force the game out of the door because of their recent financial troubles,theyr last release "The Guild 2" had the same problems.Such an unusual act as recalling the gold master is indicative of a rush job. Especially when there seems to be no corresponding production delay.The German Magazine PC PowerPlay even rejected theyr Test of Gothic 3 because of the very bad state the Goldmaster they got was in and other previews seem to confirm that.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
The Walkin' Dude said:
Yay, both NWN 2 and G3(most likely) delayed! Wheee!
Well, they're damned if they do (delay it) and damned if they don't.
I think most Codexers would be able to see the sense in delaying it if it meant getting a more stable game. It would make a nice change, in fact.
(BTW not necessarily attaching anything to your statement)

Ladonna

Arcane
Give me a delay over a turd in a box any day.

Its about time games started to appear 'finished' rather than rushed out for the chocolate milkie bar kids.

Nedrah

Erudite
www.gothic3.com

"Server vorübergehend nicht erreichbar.
Hoster arbeitet an der Behebung des Problems."

(translation: The Server is temporarily not available. The hoster is working on resolving the problem)

Going good, G3.

crap.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Ladonna said:

Its about time games started to appear 'finished' rather than rushed out for the chocolate milkie bar kids.

Yeah, but there is no delay (yet), so the turd may still be in the box...

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
The sky is falling!

I'll still wait for a demo. I won't treat this any differently than any other PC game.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Wow, the game must be REALLY buggy. This is JoWood were are talking about. Stopping those guys from releasing takes something. I assume the game crashes even before the title screen shows up - otherwise JoWood would have shipped it (I am not exagerating at all - see The Guild 2 release).

I hate those damn fanboys who accept this behaviour, they are to blame for the "let's just rush and release buggy crap - those fools buy it anyway!" attitude of game publishers. I enjoyed The Guild 1 a lot, but so far I have not bought The Guild 2. I am waiting until the game is actually in a releasable state. In fact, I will probably wait for the Gold Edition, maybe at that point the game will be worth its price.

Texas Red

Whiner
Ladonna said:

Yes, yes... but who could have expected problems to arise *after* it went gold? And its double annoying because NWN 2 got delayed as well. I know its only 2 weeks, but damn, its the 3rd delay.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
copx said:
This is JoWood were are talking about. Stopping those guys from releasing takes something.
It's nearly unbelievable. I suppose the withdrawal was demanded by PB and they did threaten JoWood with their deadly mediaeval larp-fanbase. After all PB still has a reputation to lose.

suibhne

Erudite
This says to me that JoWood pushed hard for an early RC to become the Gold Master without any confirmation that it was even remotely ready. (This also probably means the later QA process blew, tho who knows whether that's on PB's or JoWood's end.) In any case, this sucks.

elkston

Novice
Trash said:
Oh well, by the time an english version will appear there should be numerous patches and even an expansion out. ;)

No, both English and German are going to be released at the same time. October 13th is still the date.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
elkston said:
Trash said:
Oh well, by the time an english version will appear there should be numerous patches and even an expansion out. ;)

No, both English and German are going to be released at the same time. October 13th is still the date.

You are mighty misinformed Mr. Sir. Here in Krautland The Guild 2 has been out for some time now.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
The Guild 2 was released? Is it as shitty as it looks?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom