Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 3 Mods Guide 2018

Morkar Left

Hey guys, just found this youtube vid which explains in detail how to install the latest mods/tweaks fpr Gothic 3:
I'm actually surprised, that even the Questpaket is available in English by now. I recommend installing all mods he's showing here. It really improves the game. And makes it imho one og the best openworld action rpgs out there and worthy to be a Gothic game.

deama

Prophet
Haha, combat still looks shit. The only way to fix it would be to redo it from the ground up, including animations!

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I don't think any amount of mods can help Gothic 3. It's even worse case than Skyrim's, there you could at least make entire new content.
Here you still have to work with vanilla retardness.
And makes it imho one og the best openworld action rpgs out there and worthy to be a Gothic game.
:retarded:

Morkar Left

Sure whatever guys. It's here for the people who can enjoy G3 despite its obvious flaws and with the mods most of these flaws get fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The last time this Russian dude recommended mods, they were complete gibberish. How's the English in the quest packs and content mod? I might actually do this if they weren't google translated from Russian to Korean to Portuguese to Xhosa to whale sounds to English.

Morkar Left

The last time this Russian dude recommended mods, they were complete gibberish. How's the English in the quest packs and content mod? I might actually do this if they weren't google translated from Russian to Korean to Portuguese to Xhosa to whale sounds to English.

I don't know. I always played the German version and was surprised that Questpack is available in English. But I don't think it's google translated. He posted another video where he started playing and you can get a good opinion from watching the dialogs with the friends in the first town.

Jinn

Arcane
If it is Quest Pack 4.2 we are talking about, there are dialogues for the additional quests that are poorly translated. I found that despite the jarring nature of this, the quests still flesh out the world in a hugely positive way and you can still easily understand what is being said. I usually just quickly rearrange the sentence in my head so it flows nicely.

It's a bit of a compromise, but the quest pack and content mod bring so much to the game world and provide such a fleshed out continuity spanning from the prior games that I have to highly recommend using them. They really are game changers for me.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
English translations for the Quest Pack have been there for years. Unless it got updated, there's no English voiceacting, only German. The German voices are really amateurish, as if the dude who made the mod asked his parents and his little sister to do them.

And makes it imho one og the best openworld action rpgs out there and worthy to be a Gothic game.
You kind of lost me there. Gothic 3 is an excellent hiking sim with great world design and a beautiful music score, but it is not 'one of the best arpg's' out there.

Last edited:

Abhay

Augur
Okay, so how long do I have to wait for the RPG Codex review of this masterpiece called KCD?

I think it's taking too long now.

Oops, . sorry for posting in the wrong thread. Apologies.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

English translations for the Quest Pack have been there for years. Unless it got updated, there's no English voiceacting, only German. The German voices are really amateurish, as if the dude who made the mod asked his parents and his little sister to do them.

It was that awful that there is a second version with machine speak as an alternative. Personally I play without the voices (enough in my head already).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom