Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 2 "Returns" Complete overhaul mod

_V_

Scholar
So there seems to be a complete "remaster" of Gothic 2. Personally, I'm not interested but the video sounded good enough that some people on the codex might be:

Haven't seen it mentioned here. Just delete the thread if I missed it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Why people suddenly make news about Returning 2 after that video went online?
Ret2 is avaliable for long time (2years) and it's still far from finished, nobody mention that English version is just google translated gibberish and this tiny group of modders are still patching it. They also developing addon for Ret2 (Goetia) AND Returning for Gothic1.

Too late for "what comes first, Grimoire or..." joke, dangit.

Maybe there is another explanation? Maybe newsmen are looking for news everywhere after NeoGAF went to shit and less threads are made in this vile forum?

Has anyone played it? I need a review by a codexer plox.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...gothic-1-expansion.112942/page-3#post-5280889

Last edited:

Incantatar

Cipher
Has anyone played it? I need a review by a codexer plox.

Edit: So, buggy mess and HP-Bloat: the mod. Well fuck it, I'll give it a try.

Edit2: Well nvm. After installing a dozen exe files from russian sources (what could go wrong?), the setup didn't create the mod launcher application. Starting Gothic2.exe results in a crash after New Game is selected.
I expected buggy but not that buggy.
:russiastronk:

Last edited:
please ask the staff to delete this topic because you will be fooling many more people and I feel their despair already

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Does REGoth fit here?
For those who are not aware, REGoth is a reimplementation (source port) of the engine for Gothic 1 and 2.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I knew that Russian modders are absolute madmen that mostly don't care about anything but making the game as hardcore as possible, but trying out Returning and running into a Snapper on steroids instead of the usual sheep + goblin combo in front of Xardas' tower really gave a new dimension to the whole thing.

It is on "Legendary" and I realize that you're supposed to be creative to overcome the challenges of the game, but I had to be an asshole and just glitch my ass up a cliff and kill it with spell scrolls. Working as intended?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I'd reply but he ignores me and is also too retarded to read video descriptions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom