Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Playstation Vita titles

Perkel

Arcane
Yep Vanillaware games are legit. I am yet to play Muramasa but Odin was fucking beautiful and had some actual meat to gameplay.

Kind of old but everyone shouuld get Rayman:Origins and Legends. I am not fan of platformers but those two are fucking amazing.

Also news. Apperently Stardew Valley dew after release of PS4 and xbox version he will probably release it on vita (also switch)

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really doubt Stardew Valley on Vita is going to be a thing if he's making a Switch version, but fingers crossed.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Lost Dimension.

Holy shit!

3 of 6 teammates appeared traitors before the final boss battle! Gonna grind a lot to finish the game.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Any suggestions for a combatfag that's also loaded with content?

Buying one around next month mainly for Dungeon Travelers 2 and since CFWs now have playable game dumps.

Here's my current full list of things to buy and play:

* Dungeon Travelers 2
* Soul Sacrifice Delta
* Tales of Hearts R
* Shiren the Wanderer
* Oreshika
* Rainbow Moon
* Legend of Heroes: ToCS
* Freedom Wars

Siveon

Bot
You're missing every Vanillaware game, Persona 4 Golden (worth a try if you gonna pirate), Lost Dimension, Natural Doctrine, one of the Disgaea games, and Stranger of Sword City.

Rainbow Moon is pretty crap, don't know why you'd bother.

Perkel

Arcane
I really doubt Stardew Valley on Vita is going to be a thing if he's making a Switch version, but fingers crossed.

I am pretty sure it will happen. Dude is bombarded with Vita begging on his blog. I mean like 9/10 posts there are about vita plz !

duanth123

Arcane
Any suggestions for a combatfag that's also loaded with content?

Buying one around next month mainly for Dungeon Travelers 2 and since CFWs now have playable game dumps.

Here's my current full list of things to buy and play:

* Dungeon Travelers 2
* Soul Sacrifice Delta
* Tales of Hearts R
* Shiren the Wanderer
* Oreshika
* Rainbow Moon
* Legend of Heroes: ToCS
* Freedom Wars

That's a good list.

I'd also recommend Summon Night 5

Emmanuel2

Savant
You're missing every Vanillaware game, Persona 4 Golden (worth a try if you gonna pirate), Lost Dimension, Natural Doctrine, one of the Disgaea games, and Stranger of Sword City.

Rainbow Moon is pretty crap, don't know why you'd bother.

I forgot to mention the Vanillaware games are also on my list. Is there a hard mode for the Odin Sphere remake? I never played the original but from what I'm hearing, they're easy.

Natural Doctrine sounds great especially when it's been criticized for punishing difficulty.

Rainbow Moon just piqued my interest, didn't really know that it was crap might aswell get the dump instead.

Is Lost Dimension that good? I'm not really a fan of unneededly long animations and, judging from gameplay videos, the game has unneededly long animations.

That's a good list.

I'd also recommend Summon Night 5

Thanks!

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I forgot to mention the Vanillaware games are also on my list. Is there a hard mode for the Odin Sphere remake? I never played the original but from what I'm hearing, they're easy.
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir includes both difficulty settings (hard, normal, easy) and a "classic" mode for those who want the gameplay to be the same as the original PS2 version. I completed it mostly on hard mode, as on normal mode the fights against lesser enemies are generally far too easy as are many of the boss fights, though on hard mode there are difficulty spikes with certain bosses.

Emmanuel2

Savant
I caved in and bought a new Vita 2000 (3.61, couldn't be arsed to buy a 2nd hand vita in a 3rd world country, it's also where asking for a 3.60 gets an auto perma-ban in trade forums).

Been playing DT2 for 32 hours and finally finished 1/3 of the endgame story mode dungeon. Holy shit aweigh, they weren't joking when people said that Dungeon Travelers is really good with the fanservice aside. It doesn't reach the difficulty of Elminage Gothic in terms of very dangerous encounter design in story mode but holy hell the gameplay is really tight and addicting.

I have my eyes set on Hearts R, SAO:HR or HF but I don't which is better and has no bullshit heavy animation-based combat, Shiren, Disgaea and SS: Delta since they look like the ones who could offer a potential 150+ hour content.

duanth123

Arcane
I have my eyes set on Hearts R, SAO:HR or HF but I don't which is better and has no bullshit heavy animation-based combat, Shiren, Disgaea and SS: Delta since they look like the ones who could offer a potential 150+ hour content.

SAO:HR is really framerate choppy on the Vita and more of an ARPG, though tech issues aside the moment to moment gameplay is arguably better. HF runs much smoother and is more complicated (in terms of variety of skills/builds etc.) but the actual animations are clunky and definitely psp-era.

SSDelta is a great choice, both animation and frame rate are very smooth, with hands down the best story content of an MH Clone.

Emmanuel2

Savant
SAO:HR is really framerate choppy on the Vita and more of an ARPG, though tech issues aside the moment to moment gameplay is arguably better. HF runs much smoother and is more complicated (in terms of variety of skills/builds etc.) but the actual animations are clunky and definitely psp-era.

SSDelta is a great choice, both animation and frame rate are very smooth, with hands down the best story content of an MH Clone.

Thanks a whole bunch for the small technical insights.

I don't actually mind if the animations are choppy, smooth animations are always a plus though as long as the combat resolves fast enough or goes fast even if the encounter design is meant for attrition. Only managed to complete and thoroughly enjoy the Bravely series with the 4x speed on at all times which is probably the only standard JRPG that I liked.

There are better uses of your time. Soul Sacrifice: Delta, Disgaea and Shiren are perfect enough if you want decent time sinks. Bandai Action RPGs are very stale imo.

Any kind of timesink is honestly better for me than stomaching through slow/long combat with a fixed victory screen added on top and has little to no content outside of the story.

I do realize that I'm going for overkill in terms of how much time I'm going to invest in the games if I'm aiming to complete each of their postgame notwithstanding their early platinums.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
thanks for a second opinoin regarding DT2, espcially one coming from a fellow elminage lover. guess i'll just have to buy a used vita sometime soon! all i've been playnig for weeks and weeks is street fighter.

Rpgsaurus Rex

Utawarerumono 3 is turning out my 2016 GoTY so far. Combat system is the best I've seen in years and the story is as good as in 1. 8/10 from me (9+/10 is reserved for Muramasa only as far as VNs go).

Thinking of getting into the Silverio series next. Art looks like shit but the reviews are good, so the story must be decent. I hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom