Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good Playstation Vita titles

BrickManslab

Educated
Soul Sacrifice is similar to Monster Hunter if you've ever played them. It has a really good demo that has a good chunk of the early game, and then if you like it the full game can import your demo character

Blackguard

Learned
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is really good adventure game, with very interesting story, and plenty of c&c.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hm, the atmosphere is Dark Souls, the gameplay is somewhat similar to Sacrifice. Not in terms of controlling summoned units, but the emphasis on different schools of magic. It has a pretty neat story too. It is kinda sad.
Hmm, okay, I'll surely try it some day.

I have started Muramasa Rebirth yesterday, so beautiful.

Blackguard

Learned
Danganronpa has been getting some really good review scores. RPGfan eg. gave it 90/100. Also if this Danganronpa does well, they will most likely localize the sequel too. Definitely planning on picking it up once it hits the EU PS store.

deuxhero

Arcane
The port of 3? Doubt it, 3 is the worst in the series.

Try the PSP port of 2, it's a large step up from the first game and exploiting an early level where enemy levels keep growing can remove the grind.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
it grinds my gears that sony actually didn't fuck up their cryptographic key deployment this time. You'll never have emulators of this one (or the next ones).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
The port of 3? Doubt it, 3 is the worst in the series.

Try the PSP port of 2, it's a large step up from the first game and exploiting an early level where enemy levels keep growing can remove the grind.
there's no disgaea title that doesn't have that.... anyhoo if you have a vita, waiting for the port of disgaea 4 that's supposed to come out later this year is the best option, imo.

Blackguard

Learned
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention anyone?

It's a good game. Some people don't like mainly for the poor story, but story isn't even close to the main focus in these games. Mechanics wise it's the best Disgaea game on Vita, and that's what really matters.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Bros, anyone tried Rainbow Moon? What is it similar with?
i got it on ps3 and it's kinda like metal max, but without the vehicles and instead of action gauge early final fantasy combat you get simplistic square grid combat where positioning is kinda important. it's not bad and an actually good idea, but the implementation is kinda lackluster and i stopped playing after getting the third char and unlocking the boat/raft/whatever. still, pretty good value for the money, from what i recall.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Bros, anyone tried Rainbow Moon? What is it similar with?
i got it on ps3 and it's kinda like metal max, but without the vehicles and instead of action gauge early final fantasy combat you get simplistic square grid combat where positioning is kinda important. it's not bad and an actually good idea, but the implementation is kinda lackluster and i stopped playing after getting the third char and unlocking the boat/raft/whatever. still, pretty good value for the money, from what i recall.
Okay, thx bro! It was free last month for PS+ owners and I had no idea what kind of game it is, I only knew it's turn-based.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I stopped playing it after getting the 4th character. Game is a grindfest.

I have Tales of Hearts R incoming and then Oreshika 2: Tainted Bloodlines next year. I hope the new Ys game gets localized, too.

Perkel

Arcane
Had vita.

Only reason to get vita is portability on that amazing OLED of some PSP games.
Playing Tactics Ogre on that OLED is really good stuff.

Other than PSP games there is literally nothing to play. Few indie faggotry, few shitty "AAA".
Only really good Vita game is Wipeout with DLC as it is combined 2048 and HD though 30fps framerate is shit.

If you have PC get PPSSPP

and no Persona 4 is not a good game faggots. Finished both 3 and 4 and 3 is mediacore, 4 is downright shit after few first events

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I liked Muramasa Rebirth, Dragon's Crown and Little King's Story, but the console shouldn't be bought if one expects lots of rpgs. It also works surprisngly good when the TV is used by someone else and I have to use remote play. (Also, crapton of PSP and PS1 classics to play.) Plus some hacking can be done.

Blackguard

Learned
I got PS3, PS4, Vita, 3ds, and Wii U and Vita is the system I use the most. The 4 Disgaea games alone have wasted probably hundred of hours of my time.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Tales of Hearts R anyone?
Still waiting for my freaking copy to be shipped from the online shop I usually order from. Localization takes a lot of liberties, but most people think it's a solid jrpg that reminds them of old time rpgs.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Tales of Hearts R anyone?
Still waiting for my freaking copy to be shipped from the online shop I usually order from. Localization takes a lot of liberties, but most people think it's a solid jrpg that reminds them of old time rpgs.
Pre-ordered it too, also waiting for my copy to arrive. Just saw the user score and reviews on metacritic, decided to buy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom