Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You won't believe these games are not available on Steam/GOG

Mustawd

Nethergate: Ressurection

Never mind. This is on steam.

NGateWickerMan.jpg

Blades of Avernum

Never mind. This is on GOG.

BoAfight.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Blades of Avernum is on gog too. Part of the old Avernum bundle. Oddly enough Nethergate Resurrection isn't, but you can buy a drm free copy directly from Spiderweb's site.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Good thread, guys. Now if you'd all add a line or two about what makes the game good (since there are so many I don't know) instead of just posting screens it would even be great!

The perhaps most grating omission on GoG no one has mentioned so far is Wizardry 1-5.

Cynicus

Augur
Surprised Siege of Avalon was mentioned before Prince of Qin, it was one of the few diablo-likes, besides SoA and Divine Divinity, to really elevate the genre.

Forgot about that one. It has a prequel called Seal of Evil that should get a mention as well. I wish our Asian brothers would into subtitles and quit using shit English voice actors, though.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
PPl, i propse trying to include only the ones that are worth playing. how about it?

EDIT:
or including at least 1 sentence and not just a random pic.

valcik

Arcane
Another War, Mirage Interactive 2002. In two words - Polish gaem.

1. Perspective:
rq2vbLG.jpg

2. Stats
VTN1d3x.jpg

3. Inventory
3Ql5cim.jpg

4. On an unrelated note, Brother "Slap Dat Gypsy" None wears this:
QpzEuCR.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is The Fall: Last Days of Gaia only German?

That one looks really interesting. Was checking boxed copies on Ebay, but all sellers are from Germany.

Don Peste

Arcane
Very nice, thank you! I'll update the main post with more info and your contributions.

Is The Fall: Last Days of Gaia only German?

That one looks really interesting. Was checking boxed copies on Ebay, but all sellers are from Germany.
Like MotherMachinae said, the latest version was not released in English. But there's a topic on NMA made by an SS Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler reenactor that links to a fan translation (2nd page): http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/the-fall-english-language-mod.175513/

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I'd still like to know why A farewell to dragons was kicked off Steam

img_1583_img.jpg

prolly because of the gamebreaking bug that made it impossible to finish non-Russian version

Mustawd

Ahhh sheeet!! Totally true. Blizzard apparently hates money. Would buy with all expansions in a second.

Using a VM is annoying as hell.

Mustawd

I have the non-premium version of Windows 7, which does not have xp mode.

I looked into it heavily a few years back, downloaded a vm, got Diablo runnng, and quit when I couldn't figure out a way to not make it run in windowed mode.

Dunno if the functionality of my OS has changed since then, but I'll probably end up just buying a windows xp machine eventually. Just so I can play some of the older games.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Armies of Exigo is p. fun, but it's more of a Warcraft 3 clone than a crpg.
It's a better WC3 than WC3, actually. It has multilayered maps, kind of like that DND game Dragonshard. I remember it as a very fun and beautiful game.

Forgot about this!I actually have the game on CD somewhere back home.Totally forgot as barely touched it when I found it in some bargain bin back when I was burned out on RTS. Have the itch again now. Reminds me that the LOTR RTS's are nowhere to be found either, not even on Origin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom