Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOG Winter Sale: Herve gives Bethesda one last middle finger, gives out Fallout Trilogy for free

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I tried to gift the fallout pack and the site told me it that I can't gift free stuff.

Servo

Arcane
Well all my friends (IRL) have shit taste in games so it would have been wasted on one of them.

Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands
The gifting thing is sorted now. Managed to sort my bro out for the bourgeois affectation of the festival of crimbo for the price of zero potatoes. The best thing is that he won't pirate anything and sinks 100s of hours into any game he owns........

Eyeball

Arcane
Like Skyrim, FO3 is an extremely enjoyable shit game. Play it, love it, or go back to masturbating over 1998 RPGs.

FNV is just an enjoyable game. Writing and environments are solid, and the combat easy enough to more or less breeze through if you dislike it so violently as some here seem to do. For me, it was just grand. Nowhere near FO2's level of greatness, but good.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Nononono I recently had this conversation with Roguey who kinda defends Fallout 3,

This is a bit of a tangent, but I'd say that Tactics and BoS were far worse when it came to lore and writing than Fallout 3. Even fast-and-loose Bethesda consider BoS not-canon-in-the-slightest and Tactics only canon in vague broad strokes.

BoS is completely iredeemable, but Tactics is kinda/sorta okay despite the awful writing and canon breakage.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is a bit of a tangent, but I'd say that Tactics and BoS were far worse when it came to lore and writing than Fallout 3. Even fast-and-loose Bethesda consider BoS not-canon-in-the-slightest and Tactics only canon in vague broad strokes.

BoS is completely iredeemable, but Tactics is kinda/sorta okay despite the awful writing and canon breakage.

I've never heard your stance on F3. Would be interesting to hear you elaborate on it.

Coyote

Arcane
GOG Fallout versions are the shitty euro versions iirc. Remember to patch the kids in.

I started to post this yesterday, but then I looked it up and apparently they aren't? Except maybe they are? Nobody really seemed sure, but the impression I was left with in the end is that Fallout 1 is the Euro version and Fallout 2 isn't.

(I suppose I could always just install them and see if there are any kids around Shady Sands/the Den, but where's the fun in that?)

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't both unofficial patches copy the kids' sprites?

Okay, but saying Bethesda raped the Fallout franchise with Fallout 3 is like saying Richard Garriot raped Ultima with Ultima 9. It's not worse just because it's different.

Now we could have an objective discussion about why Fallout 3 sucks but nobody wants to do that so fuck it. Let's just say it raped the lore or whatever.
Fixed.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Okay, but saying Bethesda raped the Fallout franchise with Fallout 3 is like saying J. J. Abrams raped Star Trek with the 2009 film. It's not worse just because it's different.

Now we could have an objective discussion about why Fallout 3 sucks but nobody wants to do that so fuck it. Let's just say it raped the lore or whatever.

What would you consider lore rape then? Or is there no such thing, maybe, CUZ IT'S DIFFERENT?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah, right.

troll_fail.jpg

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Okay, but saying Bethesda raped the Fallout franchise with Fallout 3 is like saying J. J. Abrams raped Star Trek with the 2009 film. It's not worse just because it's different.

You really don't know the horror that is fallout 3.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...play-a-shitty-game-fallout-3-completed.34530/

Fair warning: Reading it might cause you to lose some part of your sanity. Not much as playing though.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

See it's funny because smarter people than you made that exact metaphor.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom