Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOG Winter Sale: Herve gives Bethesda one last middle finger, gives out Fallout Trilogy for free

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Edios.

Fuck those cunts, I hope they die in a fire and I'm not even a thief fan.

Athelas

Arcane
20130324143547!Herve_Caen.jpg
I still can't believe how anyone at Interplay ever thought it was a good idea to go in business with a guy who looks like this. He looks like he could molest your children by enticing them with candy and shitty console RPG's.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bethesda is shittiest dev of the year every year for raping Fallout. No shitty dragon age or mass effect game can top what Bethesda did to Fallout.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bethesda is shittiest dev of the year every year for raping Fallout. No shitty dragon age or mass effect game can top what Bethesda did to Fallout.

But they also approached Obsidian to do a turn based 2D Fallout Game, which evens out their karma a little bit.

I fix for you. (This has not happened... BUT if it did....)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It be a great rumor though. Instead of every gaming site salivating over Bethesda's upcoming 3D dump (Fallout 4), the media would have to spin a 2D turn-based game in a positive light, so as not to piss off everyone's favorite game company.

hexer

Hehe http://af.gog.com/news/free_games_fallout_fallout_2_and_fallout_tactics?as=1649904300

GOG.com said:
We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.

Modron

Arcane

But they also made New Vegas happen, which evens out their karma a little bit.

If you think Bethesda has any kind of karma, just go and look how Zenimax has been acquiring(/trying to) development studios. Offer money for a game then at x milestone withhold the money until said developer is in dire straights then when they are desperate buy them with a lowball offer. Done it to one studio and tried it on another. Pretty much worse than EA gobbling up studios least they had the decency to rape studios after they have paid for them instead of before and after.

Man, this is some quality fucking trolling. I registered on GOG to grab this (and I'll need an account anyway when those kickstarters start delivering),

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No wonder their servers broke down.

This story is even covered on spiegel.de, which is a very well known German magazine (equivalent to Times or Mirror). And definitely not a gaming site.
I'm not saying the servers break down because of some German site, but if they cover it, other non-gaming sites probably do so, too.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
GOG is awesome, the only thing i wish they had was an automated patching and downloading system for their games, merely as an option for who wanted it, something like steam (at a basic level) but without the DRM on top.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I actually prefer if games manage their own patching via their own launcher.
No game platform like GOG or Steam can offer a patching solution that fits all games, so devs would actually save some time by developing a solution that will work on all their distributions. Plus, a launcher can help with various other things.

skyst

Augur
Funny that this happened about a week after finally convincing a friend to give the original Fallout games a try since he paid I think $5 for the 3 games on Steam and was bitching about them being free now. But he just finished F2, dumping 40-45 hours into it and sent me a screen of his level 27 character sheet - even wiped out Vault City because "fuck Lynette". So there is hope. :salute:

A user named cat

Can't believe we don't have a Herve smiley, what a face. Time to rectify that.

roHKCCJ.png

belated

Augur
Arx Fatalis has been on GOG since long before Arkane was Zenimaxed, so maybe Arkane put something in the contract when that happened so Bethesda couldn't remove it from GOG? Anyway, I think I've only seen it on sale once on GOG, during the summer sale last year (when they had those duels).

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I just gifted them to myself. No problems doing that haha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom