Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Your order is empty

Anyone else getting this notification when trying to buy Phantom Doctrine?

Cart remains empty when I use Codex link from browser, but it seems to work through Galaxy.

edit.
Worked on 3rd attempt.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited by a moderator:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bethesda is not doing deep discounts on their games any more, at least not directly through Steam or GOG. You can still sometimes get them heavily discounted through third-party Steam key reseller stores, like GreenManGaming, Fanatical, Gamesplanet or Gamersgate.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
animated-chicken-image-0126.gif
GOG GOG.. GOG GOG GOOOOOOOOG... GOG GOG GOG.. GOG GOG GOOOOOOOOOOOG.. GOG GOG GOOOO GOG

Squid

Arbiter
ethesda is not doing deep discounts on their games any more, at least not directly through Steam or GOG.
I feel like their games also don't go on sale as often as they used to. Sucks because within the last year I've been trying to buy games I care about on GOG so I have a legal DRM free copy. NV Ultimate and Oblivion GOTY is 10 bucks on this sale as well? I remember getting Oblivion GOTY years ago for like 5 bucks on Steam.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
GOG launched FCK DRM, an initiative to raise awareness about DRM and its problems: http://af.gog.com/news/the_fck_drm_initiative?as=1649904300

The FCK DRM initiative

DRM-free approach in games has been at the heart of GOG.COM from day one. We strongly believe that if you buy a game, it should be yours, and you can play it the way it’s convenient for you, and not how others want you to use it.

The landscape has changed since 2008, and today many people don’t realize what DRM even means. And still the DRM issue in games remains – you’re never sure when and why you can be blocked from accessing them. And it’s not only games that are affected, but your favourite books, music, movies and apps as well.

To help understand what DRM means, how it influences your games and other digital media, and what benefits come with DRM-free approach, we’re launching the FCK DRM initiative. The goal is to educate people and ignite a discussion about DRM. To learn more visit https://fckdrm.com, and share your opinions and stories about DRM and how it affects you.

lightbane

Arcane
I'm surprised that GOG pretends they're against censorship, while the SJW cancer runs deep inside them. Remember that shitstorm with the new Postal 2 expansion, for example (speaking of, I'm surprised they haven't retired the two games yet for not being PC enough). Or how they didn't take Hatred due "muh controversy!", even though both Postal games had been in GOG for years without issues.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm surprised that GOG pretends they're against censorship, while the SJW cancer runs deep inside them. Remember that shitstorm with the new Postal 2 expansion, for example (speaking of, I'm surprised they haven't retired the two games yet for not being PC enough). Or how they didn't take Hatred due "muh controversy!", even though both Postal games had been in GOG for years without issues.
They are talking about DRM, not censorship.

Squid

Arbiter
Yeah DRM and censorship aren't really the same. I'd say it is silly that they won't take certain games similar to Postal when they have Postal but it's their storefront I guess.
I can't think of anything as big as Gog that has DRM free for nearly anything on their storefront (video game wise), so I'll keep using it for now.

Codex Year of the Donut
:keepmyjewgold:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
GOG launched FCK DRM, an initiative to raise awareness about DRM and its problems: http://af.gog.com/news/the_fck_drm_initiative?as=1649904300

The FCK DRM initiative

DRM-free approach in games has been at the heart of GOG.COM from day one. We strongly believe that if you buy a game, it should be yours, and you can play it the way it’s convenient for you, and not how others want you to use it.

The landscape has changed since 2008, and today many people don’t realize what DRM even means. And still the DRM issue in games remains – you’re never sure when and why you can be blocked from accessing them. And it’s not only games that are affected, but your favourite books, music, movies and apps as well.

To help understand what DRM means, how it influences your games and other digital media, and what benefits come with DRM-free approach, we’re launching the FCK DRM initiative. The goal is to educate people and ignite a discussion about DRM. To learn more visit https://fckdrm.com, and share your opinions and stories about DRM and how it affects you.

What's next? FCK NAZI !?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom