Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Ash

Arcane
Yeah I see it.

It blows my mind that even in the modding scene quality is irrelevant, only marketing and corporate contracts. GMDX is more the modern update than Revision ever was. It addresses more aspects of design and does so without fucking everything up with amateurish game design.

What can one do...It's no wonder Invisible War, Bioshock et al. happened, and the wide-spread decline in quality from the game industry in general. When I enter indie game dev I will likely be taking the same sellout route, my passions and desires already having taken a considerable hit, yet not before I've ensured the legendary DX has been given the update it truly deserves.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah I see it.

It blows my mind that even in the modding scene quality is irrelevant, only marketing and corporate contracts. GMDX is more the modern update than Revision ever was. It addresses more aspects of design and does so without fucking everything up with amateurish game design.

What can one do...It's no wonder Invisible War, Bioshock et al. happened, and the wide-spread decline in quality from the game industry in general. When I enter indie game dev I will likely be taking the same sellout route, my passions and desires already having taken a considerable hit, yet not before I've ensured the legendary DX has been given the update it truly deserves.
Look at how butthurt you are just because it is not your favourite mod which gets the attention.

Maybe the Revision modders applied to GOG to make their mod more easily available, while the GMDX modders are just scrathing their balls. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure GMDX is great, but it is hardly GOG's or the Revisions guys' fault that that GMDX is not on GOG. I'm sure GMDX could be there to if the modders wanted to.

pippin

GOG has featured mod lists and credited their respective authors for a long time now (remember their cheeky "enhance your IE games" posts when BGEE1 was released), so that's true. But the thing is that Revision is being offered as a "product" when you get it as a DLC.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Earliest game on GOG that included mods as extras was Panzer Elite. If I remember correctly.
Besides current trend of including additional mods as extras (and game demo offers) are pure incline as far as I'm concerned.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
:rage:
Can't manually decide where new version of the Galaxy downloads backups and extras.

Whose fault is that and why he hasn't been chased down with hounds yet?

:flamesaw:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Armello is not the only game with missing content and/or stuff which won't come to GOG, sadly. But with Armello it was way worse apparently.

Archibald

Arcane
Can someone tldr; this thing? Is only problem that they didn't want to move DLC's to GoG?

pippin

Can someone tldr; this thing? Is only problem that they didn't want to move DLC's to GoG?

It was a kickstarted game and the gog version stopped receiving updates, the dev's response was more or less "we can't do it because it's too hard for us". And they practically dropped support for a fairly new game. GOG had to start offering no questions asked refunds for the game since the people who were purchasing it there were being left behind in a very drastic manner. Fake edit: apparently they wanted to apply a semi-microtransaction thingy and gog does not really suport that...

Check this out too

https://af.gog.com/mix/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Peste

Arcane
I've received an email saying all my D&D wishlisted games are on sale until April 17. But they are actually not.
So, I guess D&D sale on a few hours in celebration of Don PST:EE launch?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I've received an email saying all my D&D wishlisted games are on sale until April 17. But they are actually not.
So, I guess D&D sale on a few hours in celebration of Don PST:EE launch?
it is now
along with BeanDong EEh sale

Tom Selleck

Arcane
update: I forgot I how much I loved Eye of the Beholder and holy shit I wish I had a crt monitor and a beige-ass desktop to play this on.

axx

Savant
no mention of Bioware or Black Isle on GOG's description of "enhanced" infinity engine games. Beamdog taking all the credit.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Speaking about EotB - I hope that my saves from EotB 1->2 marathon are somewhere there not lost....
And wish there was map for 3rd game, either Grid Cartographer or bust (no chance for hand made one).

Naraya

Arcane
update: I forgot I how much I loved Eye of the Beholder and holy shit I wish I had a crt monitor and a beige-ass desktop to play this on.
Why not use DOSBox Daum with a nice Pixelshader? I know it's not the real thing but hey, it gets the job done :)
z402VHp.png

Naraya

Arcane
Why not use DOSBox Daum with a nice Pixelshader? I know it's not the real thing but hey, it gets the job done :)
Sexy stuff. What are your settings?
Nothing fancy actually. I believe everything's at default, NO Aspect correction enabled, 1080p fullscreen and just select Video->Direct3D Pixelshader->CRT-geom-curved.fx

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom