Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Old One

Arcane
I keep waiting for Paradox to get off their Swedish asses and package up a Victoria 2 complete version. That's the only one I'm still hankering for, but I'm not going to buy it piecemeal at this point.

Krivol

Magister
Also, is Europa Universalis For the Glory any good? Is there any point at all getting into the older Paradox titles?

FtG is shit - well, it seems much better than EU2 and has nice mod support but... they messed up with rebells - those guys allways have tech level equal to best tech level of the world so... it's a bit annoying when you are facing rebellion, but imagine rebellion in China or India - it's a great strategy now just to conquer 1 province in one of those countries and wait until you get half of their country without a war - provinces controlled by rebells tend to join neighbour country if not handled for a long time. And, as you can imagine, China with thech level (e.g.) 15 is no match for tech 30 rebels.

EU3 is much better IMO (I hated this game when first played, but now I really like EU3) and rebells are handled in much better way.

Older P-dox titles? Well, CK 1 is good but much worse than CK2. EU3 is still great and when you buy it with all DLC's you don't have to worry that those dumbfucks will sell a new DLC changing everything. Viki 1 is extremly charming and a bit more accessable than V2 (even if a bit ugly, removing one map-file makes main map a bit better looking). Never tried sengoku and other small games. I've heard only bad things about them.

Comte

Suprised nobody mentiond HOI2 Darkest Hour also another good old Pdox game.

Krivol

Magister
True - I heard DH is great, I even have this on steam but never tried - well, tried once and couldn't get used to it, as a long time HoI2 player. Also I've heard they messed up with battle durations, but never checked it out.

From the other side - HoI2 (especially with few mods) is still awesome game and extremly easy to learn (and hard to master), without a mess with commanders from HoI3 (well, it was fun in HoI3 but not when you had to change whole your frontline in the middle of the game - I conquered Turkey with Italy and had to split my armiest to Russia and Iraq and... well, I quit the game and never tried it again).

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe Judas Iscariot can clarify this for me but are the gog versions of the IE games based on the inferiorly compressed 2 cd rereleased versions of those games? I read somewhere those had problems with crashed and lower quality videos

ushas

Savant
hey Cayne is on GoG

https://af.gog.com/news/release_cayne_deluxe_content?as=1649904300
Release: CAYNE + Deluxe Content
0951adca9c1c3a21a7e184bcdb9d856add79be6185677c135200d153dcae0eb2.jpg

The birthplace of true horror. CAYNE, a dark isometric story set in the twisted sci-fi universe of STASIS, is now available for FREE on GOG.com!

The baby is on its way. Hadley never wanted it, but now someone else does - very badly. Banging on the blood-caked walls of this ghastly facility won't help her escape. No, she must manipulate strange machinery and endure horrific trials to end this nightmare.

Delve deeper into the disturbing world of CAYNE with the Deluxe Content pack, which includes exclusive 4K wallpapers, the Screenplay, and the soundtrack, both in mp3 and FLAC format.

The Deluxe Content pack is 25% off until February 8, 2:00 PM UTC and STASIS is 60% off during that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

ushas

Savant
Deluxe content includes:
-- The CAYNE soundtrack in mp3 and flac format (~17 tracks)
-- An Exclusive 4k Wallpaper set (3 wallpapers)
-- The Screenplay (CAYNE - A Stasis Story By Christopher Bischoff & Nicolas Bischoff, 46 pages)

As whether it's good for you or not I don't know, depends what you are after (I guess in this case one can first try the game). Personally I never need those bonus goodies, so for me it's just more or less an additional option to support developers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh yes, they're finally digging out the more obscure Sierra games.

They should release Sierra's edutainment games, Eco Quest 1 & 2 and the highly underrated Pepper's Adventures in Time.

Also Dynamix's adventure games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://af.gog.com/news/preorder_torment_tides_of_numenera_get_a_gogexclusive_bonus?as=1649904300

PRE-ORDER: TORMENT: TIDES OF NUMENERA + GET LORDS OF XULIMA FREE

What can change the nature of role-playing?

Torment: Tides of Numenera, the wildly anticipated spiritual successor to RPG legend Planescape: Torment, is now available for pre-order, DRM-free on GOG.com! Get it now with a GOG-exclusive pre-order bonus: a FREE copy of Lords of Xulima!

Welcome to the Ninth World. Built upon eight previous instances of civilization, it is littered with remnants of powerful technology, whispers of ancient knowledge, and echoes of amazing feats of magic. These Numenera shape the lives of the current generation, giving birth to epic stories, deep, interconnected narratives, and fierce turn-based battles. Cast right in the middle of this overwhelming chaos, you're faced with the ultimate question: what does one life matter?

Delve deeper into the world of Numenera with the extra goodies offered in the Legacy Edition or the Immortal Edition.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is scheduled for release on February 28th.

GOG-EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER BONUS

main_art_torment_tides_of_numenera_xulima.jpg

Need some old-school RPG goodness to keep you busy until the game's release? Pre-order Torment: Tides of Numenera on GOG.com and get a FREE copy of Lords of Xulima, available to play right away!

For a limited time, you can also upgrade to Deluxe Edition at 60% off.

Combining isometric exploration with first-person turn-based combat, Lords of Xulima is a rare gem, whose old-school sensibilities are bound to strike a chord with all fans of party-based role-playing. Called a "beautiful homage to the oldest of PC RPGs" by GOG.com users and a game that's "great for serious RPGers", it's the perfect way to make the anticipation for Tides of Numenera all the more bearable.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://af.gog.com/forum/general/pr..._gogexclusive_bonus_4b5ef/page1?as=1649904300
sear
inXile dev

Rep: 193
From Canada
Posted 3 hours ago

cal74: 2 questions for any GOG / Inxile insiders here:

- For people who backed the game on Kickstarter (in my case, the "True Believer" tier), which version will we receive a key for on GOG?

- I assume that backing the project and asking for a GOG key will not be considered as a pre-order and grant a free copy of Lords of Xulima but it's always worth asking ;)

Anyway, I can't wait to put my fingers on the game. The digital goodies will be available via our web site for backers, not sure if we'll have specific "edition" keys for GOG and Steam though. We did this for Wasteland 2, but for Torment our backer and store versions don't quite line up in terms of price/contents the same way. Will need to look into that more and see what our options are.

And yes, if you have already claimed your Steam key for Early Access, we're looking into offering an exchange option.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://af.gog.com/news/the_grand_citybuilders_sale?as=1649904300
The Grand City-Builders Sale

SimCity 2000, Banished, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, Tropico series, Lethis - Path of Progress, and more up to 80% off! We love city builders - who doesn't? And since we just welcomed three big ones in our midst, we decided it was time for a proper celebration: a Grand City-Builders Sale with over 15 proud representatives of this beloved genre going for up to 80% off!There's just something highly emotional about getting entrusted a tiny hovel, building a city around it, watching it prosper and eventually having it run into all sorts of problems. Then rage-quitting for bed and staying awake for a couple of hours thinking what you should do differently the next day.The principles remain largely the same: build, maintain, and expand your city with clever planning, profitable trading, and sometimes even armed conflict. But the historical, technological, or even social context varies, making the different settings all the more intriguing and challenging. So pick your building playground from the Grand City-Builders Sale for up to 80% off and raise yourself a metropolis that will outlast all catastrophes. It's full of acclaimed pieces of gaming real-estate like: Children of the Nile, Afterlife, Zeus + Poseidon, Space Colony HD, and many more!The City-Builders Sale will last until February 13, 2PM GMT

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Yes! The God damned Emperor is no more the rarest pepe around and I can finally put my fingers on it.

Ceasar I and II will have to wait for a sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom