Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What we need is more good old strategy games.

Where is my damn Cave Wars or atleast Star General.

Old One

Arcane
RACE DRIVER: GRID is leaving the store on 31st of December, so it will only be available for a couple more days (currently 80% off).
What is this like? I've been looking for a good racing game for a long time, but all the ones I've tried are way too arcady for my taste. For example, I hated Flatout.

I don't need a harcore sim, but I'd like plausible physics, at least.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Carmageddon have plausible physics

About Grid - yet another Codemaster game out, still waiting for return of Severance (yeah I know licenses and whatever but still)

Old One

Arcane
and by racing you mean the ability to kill everything and everyone
No, not really. I'd just like something that feels like it has decent physics. It doesn't have to be hyper-realistic, it just has to feel like objects have weight and force and are breakable in plausible ways.

Killing everything is a bonus.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
RACE DRIVER: GRID is leaving the store on 31st of December, so it will only be available for a couple more days (currently 80% off).
What is this like? I've been looking for a good racing game for a long time, but all the ones I've tried are way too arcady for my taste. For example, I hated Flatout.

I don't need a harcore sim, but I'd like plausible physics, at least.
Not sure what games you've played to give a frame of reference, but it's more arcade-y than Gran Turismo or Forza, but close to on par with them.

You unfortunately just missed it being free from humblebundle.

If you have Windows 10 and a DX12 capable card, Forza Apex is available for free from the Windows Store too.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
and by racing you mean the ability to kill everything and everyone
No, not really. I'd just like something that feels like it has decent physics. It doesn't have to be hyper-realistic, it just has to feel like objects have weight and force and are breakable in plausible ways.

Killing everything is a bonus.
Grid you'll like it. It also has good car deformation, and I love the replay cameras as well. Great fun overall.

Old One

Arcane
Okay, thanks for the suggestions guys. I think since RACE DRIVER: GRID is discounted so much I'll give it a try. Then I can decide for myself whether it's too arcady or not. I'll report back at some point.

Old One

Arcane
I've had a chance to play GRID for a couple of hours, and so far I give it a solid B grade in terms of what I was looking for.

In order to control the cars I had to turn on all the driving assists, but that's not too surprising considering I'm just using a keyboard.

Graphics are pretty good - after I turned off the awful bloom and motion blur in one of the .xml files.

Physics are not great but good enough. There are a few oddities I've noticed, like running into a single tire on the track making my car shoot up into the air like it was fired out of a cannon. That's the kind of thing I hate, but it doesn't seem to be prevalent.

The UI is console hell. That's just how it is.

The tracks and the actual gameplay are fun though, and that's the meat of it. There's a lot more aggressive, car-on-car violence than I expected, which is a positive. It's not Carmageddon, but it has it's moments. Unfortunately I don't think you can kill anyone, which is a shame.

Overall, I like. Glad I got it on gog.com before it went away.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
GRID is awesome. Great tracks, very fun simcade physics, great car deformation, still good visuals, and controls perfect with analog controller. One of my favorite Codemasters games.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't even know there was a Pizza Tycoon 2. Any good like the first one?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I had quite a bit of fun with Pizza Tycoon when I was younger. There was a slight issue with not having the manual, so I had no idea what any of the pre-made pizzas were supposed to involve, or how to please the people who wanted them, but I evened the odds by heavily investing in the "ice-cream" market. That is to say, I had shitty pizzas, but my competitors got blown up.

pippin

Apparently, their sales schedule has been changed - first it was weekend sales only, then they added "staff picks" from monday to wednesday (more or less), but now it's going to be a week-long sale only, like those Steam has. For now you can get the Larry series among others.

Old One

Arcane
rubberbanding AI

That's weak. I wondered whether the AI cars were cheating, but I hadn't seen anything definitive in my short time playing.

I wish you had to pay to fix damage to your car after the race, too. I managed to get second place by smashing my opponents into the walls at the start and then not crashing the rest of the way. :)

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Got and played immediately through Wadjet Eye's Technobabylon (approx. 9 hours played). Although rough around the narrative's edges and the puzzles were pretty basic, it gave me my point'n'click fix. Highly recommended, get it yourselves. Get it now.

pippin

Hey everyone!

A bit of a sad heads up today: unfortunately, we are going to be removing UFO: Afterlight from our catalogue tomorrow at 3PM CET due to a recent change in rights holder. We will try our absolute best to bring the game back as soon as possible, but we can't make any promises as of yet. Really sorry about this!

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I see Konung 1+2 is on sale. Judging by the screenshots it looks good enough, but the reviewers give average ratings.
So what's wrong with it?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I see Konung 1+2 is on sale. Judging by the screenshots it looks good enough, but the reviewers give average ratings.
So what's wrong with it?
Because "average" is the best description on them?
They're better than average russian RPG, but they're not something special, hence - you don't see any group of fans or forum for Konung fans.
I mean - even ultraniche game like 3D JA2 clone named 7,62 High Calibre have small community that spewed few big mods. Konung? No community at all...
If you're hungry for RPGs thrn you can give it a pass. You might beg bored at worst.

Hey everyone!

A bit of a sad heads up today: unfortunately, we are going to be removing UFO: Afterlight from our catalogue tomorrow at 3PM CET due to a recent change in rights holder. We will try our absolute best to bring the game back as soon as possible, but we can't make any promises as of yet. Really sorry about this!
Nah, not a big deal. It would be a problem if they removed Aftershock (ACM ftw).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom