Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Siobhan

Arbiter
That's not what I mean. The dots show you that a game got an update since the last time you checked, but once you click that update, the dot is gone and that's it. I always download the most recent installer, but I do not necessarily install that over my current config. So in my case I had a few games that I knew I installed in 2014 and no way to tell from the library whether an update had come out since then. Checking the date of the downloaded installer on the hard drive isn't always insightful since sometimes an installer turns out to be corrupted and has to be redownloaded. So instead I had to go to magog to find the last date the installer was updated and then figure out from the megathread what that update was for.

tl;dr: I want a permanent changelog that is always accessible, not just when a game updates relative to the last time I checked.

Siobhan

Arbiter
Is this a Galaxy-only thing? Because I honestly can't find what you guys are talking about. When I click a game in the online library, say Anvil of Dawn, I see Game Downloads, Game Goodies (Manual, Wallpaper, Reference Card, Soundtrack, Avatar), OS, Lang. I also have a More button with Assign Tags, Store Page & Reviews, Support, GOG Downloader links, Forum, and Hide Game. And that's it. Except for the big blue Try Galaxy button.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is this a Galaxy-only thing? Because I honestly can't find what you guys are talking about. When I click a game in the online library, say Anvil of Dawn, I see Game Downloads, Game Goodies (Manual, Wallpaper, Reference Card, Soundtrack, Avatar), OS, Lang. I also have a More button with Assign Tags, Store Page & Reviews, Support, GOG Downloader links, Forum, and Hide Game. And that's it. Except for the big blue Try Galaxy button.
Click on More.

Edit: it should be right below assign tags. Try another game maybe.

Double Edit: Anvil of Dawn probably has no change log. Dark Sun doesn't in my library, but games that have been updated do.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey JudasIscariot, have you guys considered adding the option to filter your game library by developer/publisher/etc? (Actually, why not have the same consistent interface for both your personal library and GOG's general catalog? Or you could make it customizable or something.)
or bring back the old, nice shelf :negative:
Or add the option to download the game you own directly from the store page.

Siobhan

Arbiter
Double Edit: Anvil of Dawn probably has no change log. Dark Sun doesn't in my library, but games that have been updated do.
Seems you're right, based on a random sampling only a small number of games in my (DOS-heavy) library have a changelog. Eye of the Beholder has an entry for August 2015, and RoA3 for May 2015. Syndicate, on the other hand, had its last update in June 2015 according to Magog yet doesn't have a changelog. Overall, for what I wanted to do there wouldn't have been enough changelogs to simplify the task. But hopefully I won't have the problem again.

Thanks for the help everone. Would one of you be so kind to scroll up and rate my first post retadred?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

See the attached pic, please, this is taken from the website version of the library so it's definitely NOT a Galaxy-only feature:

WKj8Ewx.png

If a game had a significant enough change, it will get a changelog. Some changes are either very, very insignificant (a file was replaced, that kind of thing) or, as annoying as this sounds, we ourselves did not get a changelog...

Melcar

Arcane
Sheesh, I really wanted to get Shadow Tactics from GoG and not have that game tied to Steam DRM, but those Potato Jews are selling it for twice the price. On Steam it's what, like $15USD? I guess it's the FREEDOM tax.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Sheesh, I really wanted to get Shadow Tactics from GoG and not have that game tied to Steam DRM, but those Potato Jews are selling it for twice the price. On Steam it's what, like $15USD? I guess it's the FREEDOM tax.
It's 36 euro in Poland on Steam and 25.29 euro on GOG. I would love to have your price.

Melcar

Arcane
It's 36 euro in Poland on Steam and 25.29 euro on GOG. I would love to have your price.
Move to Mexico. You get a complementary whore when you arrive at the airport.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Hey JudasIscariot, have you guys considered adding the option to filter your game library by developer/publisher/etc? (Actually, why not have the same consistent interface for both your personal library and GOG's general catalog? Or you could make it customizable or something.)

I don't know, not a web/UI guy and I don't know what that department does since it's rather far removed from my own duties :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
GOG has started another sale, called Goodbuy 2016.

Only selected games are discounted, though.

But one of them is Arx Fatalis, so I know what I am buying today.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What do you know, their seasion pass for twitcher3 finally get cheaper and you can get both add-ons for the price of 1.
Whoopie-doo.

But one of them is Arx Fatalis, so I know what I am buying today.

Don't forget to apply Arx Libertatis, make magic casting work like a charm on 1080p displays (or any bigger than 800x600 for that matter).

I see Bethesda's games on GOG are one sale too.
What's the verdict on Battlespire and Redguard?
Battlespire have one large dungeon instead of open world, get some nice ideas that you can do once and forget.
And combat more servicable than Morrowind and above....

Old One

Arcane
I'm a TRON fan from the time of the original movie, so I might give that a try.

I used to love the old TRON arcade game, and also Discs of TRON.

I didn't care for the art style of the recent sequel movie. It was trying way too hard to be cool when TRON is essentially nerdy.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some new releases:

AIRSHIPS: CONQUER THE SKIES (in development)
OF LIGHT AND DARKNESS: THE PROPHECY (1998 1st person adventure, never heard of it)

Also, RACE DRIVER: GRID is leaving the store on 31st of December, so it will only be available for a couple more days (currently 80% off).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom