Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So which one did you buy?

pippin

Several games added to gog connect. This time some good ones too, but I still don't seem able to redeem Limbo, or Etherlords 1 and 2, which are present on my Steam account.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Several games added to gog connect. This time some good ones too, but I still don't seem able to redeem Limbo, or Etherlords 1 and 2, which are present on my Steam account.

Just send their support an email,I had similar problems with others games and they fixed it eventually

pippin

I guess they went for the fast an easy way instead of adding them one by one, like it happened with Dragonsphere's ost, the flac version. The tracks were uploaded one by one and we got notificacions because of it for like two weeks.

pippin

Explanation for the Broken Sword soundtracks:

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, as per the developer’s request, we will be removing the OSTs from a few Broken Sword games from GOG in the next couple days. The OSTs for Broken Sword: Director’s Cut and Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death have so far been a part of bonus content with the respective games, but will now (most likely) be sold separately. If you’ve bought either/both of the games, the OSTs will automatically be removed as bonus content from your library and replaced by separate products.

We’re really sorry for the inconvenience!

UPDATE: We are currently working out a way of having the OSTs available on GOG as separate products.

sullynathan

Arcane
Got shadow warrior redux without buying anything

You have to actually install and play a game on your steam account before it can be added through GOG .

Turjan

Arcane
It didn't let me redeem limbo until I installed and played it.
This would be a different treatment from all other games. Although I can't really say whether there is anything to it, because I played it at some point. It wasn't installed though when I got it added to my gog.com account.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Bought Quake: The Offering on GOG. The CD images they supply with the installation package are total dogshit. They just ripped the CDs with your average CD ripper, so the pregaps are all wrong, the tracks are all cut-off, both at the beginning and the end.

Jesus, why even bother spending money, just go to a private tracker and download redump.org certified Quake dumps, those are 100% accurate. Too bad you can't buy them, eh.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey JudasIscariot, have you guys considered adding the option to filter your game library by developer/publisher/etc? (Actually, why not have the same consistent interface for both your personal library and GOG's general catalog? Or you could make it customizable or something.)

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hey JudasIscariot, have you guys considered adding the option to filter your game library by developer/publisher/etc? (Actually, why not have the same consistent interface for both your personal library and GOG's general catalog? Or you could make it customizable or something.)
or bring back the old, nice shelf :negative:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
or bring back the old, nice shelf :negative:

Including manual sorting. Having games out of alphabetical/numerical order on the new shelf is just :argh:.

Siobhan

Arbiter
And finally add changelogs for Pete's sake. I went through my DOS game collection yesterday and wanted to check if anything has been updated since the time I installed and configured them (e.g. the rather borked music setup for RoA2). I had to use magog to figure out the last time a file has changed and then go through the 1000-page megathread to find what was actually updated. Is it really so hard to add a changelog tab to the library entries for each game? Would be even nicer if there's an API hook so lgogdownloader can query it directly, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Naraya

Arcane
And finally add changelogs for Pete's sake. I went through my DOS game collection yesterday and wanted to check if anything has been updated since the time I installed and configured them (e.g. the rather borked music setup for RoA2). I had to use magog to figure out the last time a file has changed and then go through the 1000-page megathread to find what was actually updated. Is it really so hard to add a changelog tab to the library entries for each game? Would be even nicer if there's an API hook so lgogdownloader can query it directly, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Huh? I always thought there was a blue dot after the game title if a said game was updated - there you could see the changelog. Was this feature removed or what?

pippin

There are changelogs, yes. It's a rather big button actually :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom