Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
GOG Connect is back!It's the third edition of GOG Connect – back with 20 new games to grow your DRM-free library for free. These include favorites like Metro 2033 Redux, HuniePop, Broken Sword Director's Cut & Broken Sword 2 Remastered, Starbound, The Witcher 2 and way more.

Hmmmm,there seems to be a problem this time,I have Sins of s Solar Empire Ultimate on Steam but GOG says it's not found in my Steam library

:outrage::outrage::outrage:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Hmmmm,there seems to be a problem this time,I have Sins of s Solar Empire Ultimate on Steam but GOG says it's not found in my Steam library

Set your steam profile from private to public if you haven't already.

It's public and I got the other games I had on Steam,it's just this one that GOG doesn't see,weird

Potato mathemagics:

EnTJgWQ.jpg
What is this screenshot? Multi-platform Dragon Commander and Age of Wonders 3?

Siobhan

Arbiter
Worth mentioning: one of the free games, Dex, is surprisingly good, so give it a shot if you're in the mood for a 15h Deus Ex-lite. I left a more detailed post in the News thread.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It can still feel like a Gothic game, if you let it
Fan of the Gothic series? Splendid. You should be. Want a more immersive experience playing what many feel to be a sub-par RPG? Why wouldn't you? Do yourself a favor: turn off Quest Markers, Health Bars, Overhead Feedback, Enemy Captions, and Feedback Bar. This will improve the experience and make the journey feel pretty close to past Gothic games. Thank you, Spellbound, for giving us the option to turn off these hand-holding aberrations. Oh yeah, play the game on Hard difficulty, at least.

Now, a few good points: - A meaty feel to combat (I went two-handed + bow & arrow), including excellent sound design reflecting type of weapon impacting "flesh" type of enemy. Hitting a golem with a sword or warhammer will produce distinct sounds, hitting a wolf with a sword or axe will produce distinct sounds - Great soundtrack, as has always been the case with the Gothic Series - Lots of armor sets, a ton of weapons, an absurd amount of items to craft of each type (foodstuffs, potions, weapons, armor, amulets, etc.) - UI-friendly inventory - Meaningless interactibles: you can take short naps, saw tree trunks, watch Nameless play goblin drums, pray, rotate rotisseries, take bong hits, and more - Good story... at times odd, quirky dialogue, decent voice acting, and, of course...seeing old friends

A few bad points: - Clones, clones, yeah....clones - Fetch quests, lots of them - The "world" can feel empty at times - Crafting can be done anytime/anywhere. You're no longer required to be at an Alchemy Table to brew potions, no longer need to be at a stove or campfire to cook, no longer need to do any blacksmithing - Skill tree is underwhelming - The last few hours of the game is a tedious and total slaughter-fest

In closing, ArcaniA can still feel like Gothic, if you let it. I did, and I enjoyed the 39 hours I put into this game. Recommended.

:prosper:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I remember playing Killing Time and being quite creeped out by some of the visuals back then. I wonder how well the horror aspect has aged.

A horse of course

Quoting Unkillable Cat's signature - game is not worth your time even if they deliver it with free booze and hookers.

Killing Time released. More like trivia?
https://af.gog.com/game/killing_time?as=1649904300

Been waiting for this for ages. Noticed it had been exclusively released on a competing site and hoped it would eventually make its way to maGoG.

JudasIscariot is this basically the original game tinkered to run on modern OS or is the HD 'remaster' version?

Last edited by a moderator:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Quoting Unkillable Cat's signature - game is not worth your time even if they deliver it with free booze and hookers.

Killing Time released. More like trivia?
https://af.gog.com/game/killing_time?as=1649904300

Been waiting for this for ages. Noticed it had been exclusively released on a competing site and hoped it would eventually make its way to maGoG.

JudasIscariot is this basically the original game tinkered to run on modern OS or is the HD 'remaster' version?

AFAIK, it's the original game tinkered to run on modern OSes. Definitely doesn't look all that HD and al the last time I played it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Vampire the Masquarade Bloodlines has bigger discount though (-75% compared to -67%), maybe other titles as well?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I was waiting for VtM: Bloodlines in GOG Connect but maybe grab this now.
I got it on Steam but sometimes it work (with patches included, mind you), sometimes doesn't, sometimes does but it shit down his code out of nowhere in the middle of the game.
Still some titles don't have enough discount though

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
NWN2 Complete is the only thing in my wishlist and it has a massive 17% off discount
:negative:
EDIT: Actually it's not even discounted, it's the price of complete series since I already own NWN1 Diamond. :|

Last edited:
NWN2 Complete is the only thing in my wishlist and it has a massive 17% off discount
EDIT: Actually it's not even discounted, it's the price of complete series since I already own NWN1 Diamond. :|

Really ?! Damn ! I don't have NWN2, and just confirmed the Black Friday sale on GOG. I am going to lose some money on there over the next few days

pippin

Wait for the inevitable DND bundle.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Regardless of the actual quality of the GOG releases, that strategy bundle currently on sale has so much incline one can spontaneously come just by looking at it.

Beowulf

Arcane
Regardless of the actual quality of the GOG releases, that strategy bundle currently on sale has so much incline one can spontaneously come just by looking at it.

If only one haven't had played/owned most of the already. In which case it would be like fapping to your first ex-girlfriend picture.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom