Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Does it have sound yet?

Bought it on Desura way back in 2012 and forgot about it when I realised it was never being released.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Sweet Jesus on a cracker, 4.8GB?

Downloading to check it out now.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Haven't played the game but it's based on a french comic, which is very inspired by Warhammer and Warcraft 1+2. I've read that the game is supposed to be nothing special, but I'm getting it for its source material.

Well its mediocre rts but done in cool setting and music is divine... played it 5 times then and even bought comic... which proved to be so so. Empire and Justice for Life; nothing beats playing red clad knights and Fire spewing Dragons. :russia:

A horse of course

No Call of Duty :decline:

I've always wanted to try Dark Reign 2 though. When I was reading reviews at the time I heard it was a very good traditional RTS?

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
No Call of Duty :decline:

I've always wanted to try Dark Reign 2 though. When I was reading reviews at the time I heard it was a very good traditional RTS?

DR2 was one of first (or maybe the first) rts with 3d polygon graphics instead of sprites. It still looks good, the graphics have aged well, the music is great, but I found the gameplay kinda dull, not as good as DR1 or the classic rts games. Also, being an early 3d game you can expect clunky camera controls/navigation.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finally I can get working version of Bloodlines. Never managed to run steamfisted one...
There is also promo for Witcher games again but... both addons for TW3 are -15%, now they cost as much as Seasion Pass which is not discounted at all.
Fuck this shit. CDP sold out.
:decline::decline:

A horse of course

Witch3r Gnome of the Year edition is also coming out. I'll wait for a sale on that.

Lucky

Arcane
GOG localised to Brazil.

Bringing support for localized pricing, Reais and Boleto, Brazilian-Portuguese customer support, and new game premieres up to 70% off!
Olá, Brasil! The Olympic games in Rio may be over but the DRM-free games have just arrived! Today, Brazil becomes the fourth country to get its own, fully localized version of GOG.com, including better support for Brazilian customers, highly-requested features, and new game premieres that hail from the beautiful land of samba, colorful getups, and football wizards.
Our Brazilian friends now have access to GOG.com's entire catalog of 1600+ DRM-free games (plus all upcoming ones), locally priced in Brazilian Reais, with support for new payment methods like Boleto, and our world-class customer support services available in Brazilian-Portuguese.
To celebrate the launch, two Brazilian classics join the GOG.com catalog: Knights of Pen and Paper +1 (60% off), the reimagining of a beloved indie RPG by Behold Studios, and Oniken: Unstoppable Edition (70% off), a retro-styled action platformer created by JoyMasher. Additionally, a large content patch for Shovel Knight premieres with a 33% discount – also introducing official support for Brazilian Portuguese and a bunch of gameplay improvements. Pounce on these deals right here!
Let us offer a warm welcome to all Brazilian gamers who are joining our ever-growing ranks, and hope that our friendship is as long-lasting as the Amazon rainforest and as hot as the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. Bem-vindo, amigos!

Obduction released: https://af.gog.com/game/obduction?as=1649904300

Oniken released: https://af.gog.com/game/oniken?as=1649904300

Knights of Pen and Paper +1 released: https://af.gog.com/game/knights_of_pen_and_paper_1_edition?as=1649904300

Worms W.M.D released: https://af.gog.com/game/worms_wmd?as=1649904300

And Slain updated to Back From Hell a while ago. Apparently they improved a lot on it: https://af.gog.com/game/slain?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Worms W.M.D released

It's no WA but it's better than I initially feared, it's much better than Reloaded or any of the numerous crappy Worms games they've released after WWP. However, be aware that Steam and GOG WWMD players can't play on the same servers (another brilliant move T17) so don't buy the game on GOG if you're interested in playing against randoms.

Also,
I dig the new art style. The animations, explozionz, fire and water look very nice as well
Sound is p good too but the number of voices is limited (inb4 DLC milking), the music is forgettable
Performance was perfectly fine on my PC (i7 920, 16GB, 960, 1080p, max settings), it runs a lot better than their shitty, bare bones WWP "remaster" :roll:
The AI seems to be less awful/perfect this time around so SP should be more fun. Sadly there is no option to add AI players to MP matches
Fortunately there are no classes
It's 2016 so of course there are unlocks and crafting BS, I'm not sure how annoying these are yet but they shouldn't be there in the first place
The optional vehicles, sniper nests and turrets are welcome new features, enterable buildings are cool too
The map editor sucks concrete donkey gonads and there are only a handful different themes (inb4 DLC milking)
LAN play is gone
Many of the classic Worms weapons are missing (inb4 DLC milking). Kamikaze, Ming Vase and Sheep Launcher are only available to those who pre-ordered the game
Fire is no longer persistent, mines with random timers are a thing of the past as well
The rope does not feel like WA's rope but it's not as bad as it was in previous modern Worms games
Netcode seems decent this time (Reloaded has truly awful netcode)

tldr; WWMD is certainly the best Worms game since WWP, it runs well and I quite like some of its new features. However, WA and WWP are still much better Worms games. In its current state WWMD is not worth the asking price of €30.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
GOG localised to Brazil.

Bringing support for localized pricing, Reais and Boleto, Brazilian-Portuguese customer support, and new game premieres up to 70% off!
Olá, Brasil! The Olympic games in Rio may be over but the DRM-free games have just arrived! Today, Brazil becomes the fourth country to get its own, fully localized version of GOG.com, including better support for Brazilian customers, highly-requested features, and new game premieres that hail from the beautiful land of samba, colorful getups, and football wizards.
Our Brazilian friends now have access to GOG.com's entire catalog of 1600+ DRM-free games (plus all upcoming ones), locally priced in Brazilian Reais, with support for new payment methods like Boleto, and our world-class customer support services available in Brazilian-Portuguese.
To celebrate the launch, two Brazilian classics join the GOG.com catalog: Knights of Pen and Paper +1 (60% off), the reimagining of a beloved indie RPG by Behold Studios, and Oniken: Unstoppable Edition (70% off), a retro-styled action platformer created by JoyMasher. Additionally, a large content patch for Shovel Knight premieres with a 33% discount – also introducing official support for Brazilian Portuguese and a bunch of gameplay improvements. Pounce on these deals right here!
Let us offer a warm welcome to all Brazilian gamers who are joining our ever-growing ranks, and hope that our friendship is as long-lasting as the Amazon rainforest and as hot as the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. Bem-vindo, amigos!
Wow that's long due. Nice :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Do you lose paypal when gog gets localized? Because Steam took it away and now I rely on Steam Wallet. If you ever localize to other Latin American countries please don't take paypal away!

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Do you lose paypal when gog gets localized? Because Steam took it away and now I rely on Steam Wallet. If you ever localize to other Latin American countries please don't take paypal away!
I still have paypal option on steam:

mylyxq.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom